“Great food and great service”
Review of Beignet Au Lait

Beignet Au Lait
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Slidell
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Inspired by the love of beignets that we grew up with, you’ll feel at home while savoring beignets, cafe au laits and great meals in our casual, clean and relaxed dining room. Experience our select cuisine, attentive service, and friendly atmosphere; come see what makes us one of the most popular cafe's in town!
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We decided to head here instead of the French Quarter because it was a Sunday and the Saints were playing at home. Traffic is always bad.
First of all, this place is very easy to get to. No traffic, one way streets, and usual NO congestion. Next is the beignets, WOW! They were just right. Nice and crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth on the inside, with plenty of powdered sugar. And to top it off, the service was top notch, very friendly.
I would put Beignet Au Lait up against any of the popular FQ beignets. And I guarantee you won't get this type service down there.

2  Thank vander1020

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The restaurant doesn't open until 7:30am and all they serve is breakfast --??? On a Friday they were late opening. The beignets were gummy, undercooked and not much flavor. The coffee was barely warm. They charge a premium -$3.95 for 3 beignets. Morning Call in Metairie charges $1.85 for three delicious beignets. The décor was very sparse.

4  Thank cindy s
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Very sweet people run this little place and they had wonderful food. We stopped here on our way to a tour of the swamp and we left with very happy bellies. We plan to come back on our way out of town to get some more beignets.

2  Thank Brittainy_77
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is an outside cafe and it wasn't clean, but we were tired and the beignets were great tasting. They were out of rootbeer for the kids on a Friday afternoon.

2  Thank Minnesota40
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I wanted beignets like the ones I grew up eating at Cafe du Monde, but I was in Hattiesburg, MS, which has NONE. Not wanting to drive through New Orleans on St Patrick's Day weekend, I searched Trip Advisor, and found Beignet Au Lait in Slidell. A little over an hour straight down I-59 got me to this little bit of beignet heaven. The three regular beignets I ordered on my first trip (yes, I went back for more!) were perfect. Hot, crisp pillows of fried dough buried under a half-inch thick blanket of powdered sugar. Even better than the ones from my childhood. On my second visit the next day I ordered the "minis." These are bite-sized beignets, twelve of them, also hot crisp pillows of fried dough under that layer of powdered sugar, but these I didn't have to cut into pieces. That had been done for me before they were cooked, so they were finger food. Technically, I know the regular ones can be eaten with one's fingers, but that always gets me covered in white powder, so I wind up cutting them which collapses that pillow. With the minis, I could just pop them in my mouth. Yum! I didn't try anything else on the menu (full breakfast menu with eggs, etc) except the milk, but everything I saw & smelled appeared equally well prepared. I was just there for the beignets, and I left a very happy customer on both occasions. If you're anywhere near Slidell and want beignets, this is the place to go. It's so nice to know I don't have to fight to get to the French Market any more.

3  Thank Kathy1945

Been to Beignet Au Lait? Share your experiences!