“Great tasting beignets, but not much room”
Review of Beignet Au Lait

Beignet Au Lait
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Slidell
Cuisines: Cafe, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Inspired by the love of beignets that we grew up with, you’ll feel at home while savoring beignets, cafe au laits and great meals in our casual, clean and relaxed dining room. Experience our select cuisine, attentive service, and friendly atmosphere; come see what makes us one of the most popular cafe's in town!
Minnesota
“Great tasting beignets, but not much room”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is an outside cafe and it wasn't clean, but we were tired and the beignets were great tasting. They were out of rootbeer for the kids on a Friday afternoon.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Minnesota40

“Great Beignets!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I wanted beignets like the ones I grew up eating at Cafe du Monde, but I was in Hattiesburg, MS, which has NONE. Not wanting to drive through New Orleans on St Patrick's Day weekend, I searched Trip Advisor, and found Beignet Au Lait in Slidell. A little over an hour straight down I-59 got me to this little bit of beignet heaven. The three regular beignets I ordered on my first trip (yes, I went back for more!) were perfect. Hot, crisp pillows of fried dough buried under a half-inch thick blanket of powdered sugar. Even better than the ones from my childhood. On my second visit the next day I ordered the "minis." These are bite-sized beignets, twelve of them, also hot crisp pillows of fried dough under that layer of powdered sugar, but these I didn't have to cut into pieces. That had been done for me before they were cooked, so they were finger food. Technically, I know the regular ones can be eaten with one's fingers, but that always gets me covered in white powder, so I wind up cutting them which collapses that pillow. With the minis, I could just pop them in my mouth. Yum! I didn't try anything else on the menu (full breakfast menu with eggs, etc) except the milk, but everything I saw & smelled appeared equally well prepared. I was just there for the beignets, and I left a very happy customer on both occasions. If you're anywhere near Slidell and want beignets, this is the place to go. It's so nice to know I don't have to fight to get to the French Market any more.

3 Thank Kathy1945
Slidell, Louisiana
“Beignets are right here in South Slidell!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I've often ordered beignets from this little place and always enjoyed them. This includes multiple orders to fulfill many hungry stomach's after my kids slumber parties in the AM hours. We only get the small ones because of the kids and because it makes less of a mess, but imagine that the big ones are even better. Don't let the old facade of the strip center it is in fool you; there are good things waiting inside for you and your family to enjoy, just as mine do!

Visited March 2012