“Worst Best Western Ever!!!!!!!!!”

Best Western Plus Slidell Inn
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Kilgore, Texas, United States
“Worst Best Western Ever!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Checked in and paid for 2 queen beds and the room had full size beds (no big deal). Was told $103.00 a night but was charged $131.00 I went and ask why and the guy told me it was my bank doing that not them and was so very rude. Went out back door and there was standing sewage everywhere. We went out the front door and my son realized he left his wallet in the room and we went to the desk and ask for our key back and he slammed it on the counter (hard). We didn't get a thank you for staying just a bad attitude. That guy needs a bad attitude adjustment.

• Stayed June 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank David C
BWPLUSSlidellInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Slidell Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we take our customer’s service very seriously. All of our rooms with two beds are two queen beds not doubles. We have investigated the issue on the back walkways and this is from our Louisiana rainstorms. As for the credit card charge, we only authorized the guest credit card for room amount and taxes as all hotels do. We are proud of our customer service and have taken action on the guest service issue.

We value your feedback as we always want to be proud to be part of the Best Western family and always want to improve the guest experience. I hope that you will stay with us once again so that we may show you the excellent guest service that we are known for. Thanks, Martin Patel, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Atlanta
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here one night on business and the location is convenient being just off Gause. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and internet was free, which is pretty much what matters when I am traveling for business. This one could easily rival an Hampton Inn in amenities and room size. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, although most of them are the standard, franchise types. There was only one person working the front counter when there were 5 or 6 separate guests showing up to check in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Martin Patel, General Manager
Mobile
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This bestwestern was the best one I have stayed in yet..I would definitely stay again..the food was good..bed very comfy..people very helpful.It is close to interstate.down the street from several places to eat.grocery store across the street.on main strip in slidell.

• Stayed June 2013
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just stayed here 5/4/2013 and awful experience as black mold above shower. Gave me 50% discount instead of apologizing and offering me full refund. BEWARE and spend your money elsewhere.
“Good customer service costs less than bad customer service," I tried to explain this to them but they will learn the hard way....hope that $60 was worth this being on a travel blog!

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EricT308
BWPLUSSlidellInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Slidell Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Responding on behalf of the General Manager...We pride ourselves in taking care of each guest concerns before they occur. The Best Western Plus has a preventative maintenance program in place and regret that this issue was overlooked. As you can see from past reviews, this was an isolated issue. Please accept our apology and hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Thanks,

Management and Staff
huntsville,al
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Chose this excellent Best Western Plus hotel for my pre-cruise stop on April 13th. Have stayed at this hotel many times before. This hotel met all my expectations and is an excellent place to stay before a cruise. My family were impressed at the cleanliness of the room.

Will stay here again on any future cruises. You can't beat the price and location when cruising from New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boerne, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Left my purse behind and didn't discovery it until I was 200 miles away. Called and the manager said she had my purse and she would e-mail me with auth.form to send it to me. I filled it out and had my purse back in a very timely manner, with everything intact. It is nice to know that
there are nice and honest people in this world.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Billi C
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was wonderful. The location was great and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations as well. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to this area.

• Stayed April 2013