“THE Place to Stay in Greater New Orleans”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Slidell Inn
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Toronto, Canada
“THE Place to Stay in Greater New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I miss you already! What a great stay starting with Nikki at the Front Desk. She welcomed me into the hotel like you would with a close friend into your own home.

I don't typically sleep well in hotels like I do at home in my own bed but I have to say, it was my BEST sleep ever in a hotel. I slept through the night without even waking up once until my alarm went off. This has never happened to me before.

Over the next couple of days, I met Lauren and Franquie and felt instantly drawn to them. I tell you, the staff are truly magnetic in their personalities. As busy as they were, they remembered me when they saw me. I was given terrific recommendations of what to see and where to go. Nikki, thanks for the Cafe du Monde recommendation. I am still craving those beignets!

The hotel was quiet, clean and very comfortable. In my opionion, the staff and the bed / sleep experience really made my stay so memorable. Rather than staying in downtown in New Orleans and pay the exorbitant prices for staying there and for parking, I chose to stay in the suburbs just 1/2 hour away in Slidell. Free parking, free hot breakfast, free internet and a salt water pool to enjoy. The location is great just off I-10, a straight shot from downtown N.O. Also, it is so close to the Stennis Museum and to get to Mississippi in minutes. It was a great central point to the areas I wanted to visit.

The house keeping staff were great and cleaned and tidied my room as I requested. You can see the pride in the work of the house keeping staff. I was truly left with the most memorable impression of the hotel by Wade, the night staff member. I asked for a 2:15am wake-up call before going to bed on my last night. When I reached the lobby by elevator just before 3am, Wade had just brewed fresh coffee for me before hitting the road...! Really?! I was so impressed and just when I thought it couldn't get better, he walked me to my car since it was still very dark outside. Slidell is very safe and never felt in any danger but Wade says he walks everyone to their car at night. I think it's the body guard nature in him.

The best first impression and the most lasting impression...

Thanks for a great stay and Slidell / New Orleans are just amazing cities. Loved the French Quarter, Decatur Street, Bourbon Street and all the sites in the area. So much history, architecture, music and fabulous gumbo and creole dishes. I will be back because I just couldn't get enough on this short visit. Louisiana, you left a memorable footprint on my heart :)

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor (top floor) and it was extremely quiet. LOVED the bed and the best sleep I...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Gastonia, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

4 of us adults stayed here for two nights,,,excellent room,,good wifi,,,outstanding check in clerk...
Location was perfect for us. Didn't want the hassle of staying in NO French Quarter and this was perfect.......Would recommend this motel for anyone.

Carthage, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We found the hotel was in a great area of town close to many eating establishments. The hotel staff was very friendly and helped us find different places to eat and gave great directions. It seems out GPS was a little out of date on some of the locations. We really enjoyed the variety provide in the free breakfast. We were down for the weekend to see some family friendly sites in New Orleans but was not interested in the night life of New Orleans. It was only 25 minutes from the sites, but without the party life of New Orleans. It was very family friendly. The rooms were great and the room staff provided a clean and well appointed room. The hotel definitely makes going to New Orleans more desireable.

Room Tip: The put on the 3rd floor so we would have more peace and quiet.
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had a nice time during our stay, at our arrival the TV at our room wasn´t working and since it was late saturday night the person incharge gave us another room. During breakfast the girl that serve the meal was polite and nice when you ask her for something. The room was really clean and the kids had a nice time in the swimming pool.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have stayed here multiple times now and they continue to make it the place to stay on our trips to Florida. We have many choices to stay at the halfway point on our trip but we have decided that this place is best. The staff is very courteous and efficient. The HOT breakfast for free is good too. In addition to the standard continental breakfast they add biscuits, gravy, omelets, sausage, and waffles.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but they will honor requests at reservation for first floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here while traveling home to Florida. The front desk lady was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was not very good but at least something to get your day started. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pam J
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I had to plan an unexpected trip and chose this Inn because my sister was also staying here at the time. She had mentioned how nice and clean it was from a past visit. When we got there to check in they had a Welcome note with my name on it in the lobby which i thouight was kind of cool. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. We chose a smoking room and to my surprise you couldn't really tell. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. I also enjoyed having a lot of pillows too. They also had a hot breakfast which was good. The waffles are wonderful! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family