“Great Little Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bonnie C's

Bonnie C's
Ranked #14 of 220 Restaurants in Slidell
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone 985 288 5061
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Little Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had a really good experience at Bonnie C's. The food was great as well as the service. There were so many great selection to choose from. My wife decided what she wanted and asked me to order it for her while she whent to the ladies room. I was having trouble deciding what to order. Finally I made a choice between 2 selections. When my wife came back from the ladies room, she asked me what I ordered? I couldn't tell her because I couldn't remember because both seemed to be great choices. When to food came I was happy with my choice. The food was great. It was like home cooked food but better with the best of ingredients. Later that week I was telling someone how I loved the place and they said they could tell by how passionate I sounded when talking about it.

• Visited December 2012

Lansing, Michigan
“Good food, Large portions, Good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Leaving NO going home we wanted some local fare in Slidell..Glad we check TA. Bonnies didnt disappoint. I had the Fried Chicken and wife had the jambalaya. Service was great and i wished i could have tried a few more things.Sides were good and all value priced..I just wished we hadnt left the doggie bag there..waaaaa

• Visited January 2013
slidell, La.
“Missed more than the mark”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I thought the owner walking around to all of the tables talking very loudly to the customer's he knew was pretty obnoxious. He didn't even greet us as he passed by. It didn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.
The gumbo was the worst I have ever had in my life! My husband had the special which was fried fish over pasta with a creamy seafood sauce. It left a lot to be desired. Our plates were almost full of food we hadn't eaten and they never even noticed. Left and went to Baskin Robbins and were totally satisfied.
I don't think I'm gonna waste my hard earned money on a second chance for these folks!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank schelbo
dallas
“A gem of a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stopped at Bonnie C's for lunch after driving for nearly 6 hours. The place is quite unassuming, and my faith in TripAdvisor reviews was the only thing making me stop. And we were so glad we did! Great home-cooked food that is a pleasure to your palate, tummy and mind, friendly and attentive service, and a surprisingly varied selection at a reasonable price.
It short, you cannot go wrong!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank zajabor
“Top Notch!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this review on a full stomach courtesy of Bonnie C's! Went for lunch on a Monday and the place was empty. Slidell, you have no idea what you are missing! The menu selection was great. Country cooking, seafood, pasta, soups, and salad. Bonnie C's can please any palate. The owner came out immediately and greeted us and told us all the menu. He mentioned the crawfish pie appetizer that was half off today ($4 instead of $8). They were very tasty. One the highlights though we're the complimentary mandarin orange muffins. Wonderful! Would buy a basket full! I ordered the "Deep South Gold" which was a fried chicken breast stuffed with crawfish and crab. It was served with a brown gravy, though the sauce that comes with the crawfish pie would have done it more justice. I had yams and jambalaya as my sides and they were perfect. My companion ordered the brisket and enjoyed it. The winner was when the owner brought us a big bowl of banana pudding ON THE HOUSE! Now that's customer service! That move made me not even mention that I was charged full price for the crawfish pie instead of the promised half price. Bonnie C's is a great place with a great staff! Keep up the good job guys! And for those reading this, do yourself a favor and check Bonnie C's out.

1 Thank BogueBorn1

Been to Bonnie C's? Share your experiences!