“Yelp reviews of Bonnie C's”
Review of Bonnie C's

Bonnie C's
Ranked #15 of 224 Restaurants in Slidell
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone 985 288 5061
Description: Phone 985 288 5061
New Orleans
“Yelp reviews of Bonnie C's”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

There must be a different Bonnie C's in Slidell from the reviews I have read on Yelp. I saw that Tripadvisor also had reviews, so I decided to post on here as well.Every time I have gone to this restaurant I have been greeted at the door within minutes of arriving. I bring out of town guest here all the time for good southern style home cooking. It is true the menu is large and has many item's on it. But we have ordered several items off of it and all have been outstanding from the fried chicken, red beans and rice, nightly specials to the Po Boys it has all been very good food. The staff is very friendly and service is so good there it's almost to the point of bothering you. The owners have come to our table to inquire how the meal and service has been every time I have been there. Yes it is loud, its an old brick building full of people from Louisiana. So don't believe everything you read in reviews try Bonnie C's for yourself. One of the few good mom and pop non franchise restaurant's in Slidell.

• Visited June 2012

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Lunch”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We were just passing through Slidell and I happened to ask a Slidell local for a restaurant reccomendation. We tried Bonnie C's and loved it. The host was so friendly and gave us the whole history of the place. I had a lunch special which was white beans with a number of smoked meats. It was delicious, as were the shrimp poboy, seafood poboy and gumbo. I would go out of my way to stop there again

Louisiana
“I have better luck at lunch than I did at dinner time.”
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I have been several times for lunch and the food and service was right on par. They have these tasty orange blossom muffins, awesome! They were out when we went for dinner time, booo! I have had the juicy duicy burger, it lives up to its name! The homemade chips are very good and crunchy. My husband had gotten the fried chicken several times and raves about it. Some of the daily specials are very good too, and for a decent price. The lunch servers havd been very fast and efficient. The dinner time server was slow and seemed disoriented. I was served thr soup with no rice, (rice was listed in the description by the waiter) the rice came to the table after my meal was served. The booths could be bolted down a little better. The kids in the booth behind me rocked our booth so much the waiter even saw the movement when he was taking our order. I will be back for lunch because we have had good service, I will find a different place for dinner time.

“Love this place!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I've eaten here many times since it opened and have never been disappointed. Love the daily specials. Always a lot of food at a great price. When I'm not cookin' it's where I go to eat "home cookin." The "Early Boy" is so satisfying - a complete Thanksgiving dinner anytime of the year! Great local treasure that can't be replicated in a chain.

Atlanta, Georgia
“FANTASTIC evening!”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We're from Atlanta but come down to Slidell and New Orleans area on a regular basis. Discovered a little gem tonight at Bonnie C's on Front Street in Slidell! VERY friendly and helpful staff (get Cole as your waiter....super-nice and very cool). The owners are really the kind of people you WANT to have dinner with. The "orange blossoms" are phenomenal, crab cakes, soup, jambalaya pasta......all outrageously good. As they used to say in the movies......I'LL BE BACK We can't wait for our next visit!

• Visited December 2011

Been to Bonnie C's? Share your experiences!