“Clean and Comfortable”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Very well run with a great staff we where there for the Super Bowl and most importantly the Baltimore Ravens won!! The room are large and well appointed. The fitness center was clean and well kept. The breakfast was great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Geaux Ravens! Thanks for the great review of the Homewood Suites Slidell! I appreciate you taking time to submit the review.
We offer a nice fitness center, and glad you found time to utilize it! And still made it to the big game!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Slidell for four nights. We did not have any problems. The check-in and check-out process went smoothly. Although the hotel has complimentary breakfast we never made it down to the lobby to try it out. Breakfast is from 6-9 a.m. during the week and 7-10 a.m. on weekends. Reasonable hours, but we were too tired. The room was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the sheets clean. It's about a 45 minute drive into New Orleans if you want to get down there to experience the city. Slidell is a nice place and really has everything you need though. There is a gas station, Walgreens and Target close by. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to submit a review for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your choice in staying here while in the Slidell area.
The staff understands the importance of great customer service, and I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay here. The hotel offers fantastic complimentary amenities including the Suite Start Breakfast daily, Welcome Home Reception Monday – Thursday, Business Center, Fitness Center and more!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the end of December and was very impressed. The hotel was very clean and quiet.Rooms were large and the property seemed to be relatively new. Service at the desk was superb as we needed a crib and had one in the room in less than 10 minutes. Breakfast food was good and they are of course kid friendly.

One draw back I did find and it's not related to the service is that I relied on Google Maps and Mapquest for directions. Both will put you in a residential neighborhood. This hotel is located near a Sam’s Club and a large shopping mall.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dmajkc

Reviewed January 12, 2013

A very nice hotel although it is several miles from I10 and seemed a bit out of the way to me. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is very clean and is decorated nicely. They have a nice breakfast buffet in the morning.

I would stay here again if I am in the area and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our stay at this Homewood Suite was excellent!! The service was GREAT, the rooms was extremely clean.
We didnot have any problems we did stay 5 nights. We didnot want to leave, it is a home away from home. We defintely would stay again. The best hotel-suite, we have ever stayed in!! Keep up the GREAT work!! Thanks for the hospitality!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were displaced from our home due to hurricane Isaac. We stayed at this property with our 3 children for about 1month. From the first day until the last, the ENTIRE staff treated us as VIP's. Valerie always took time to speak with us and ensure our stay was the best it could be. The exceptional part of this is that all of the guests were treated in the same manner. No wonder they stay busy. The property was impeccably maintained. We will definitely make the Homewood our first choice next time.

Room Tip: All rooms are a great choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed at Homewood Suites in Slidell on a quick overnight trip. Room was spacious and very clean. Linens and towels were fresh, toiletries were Bath & Body Works and Neutrogena. 2 flatscreen TV's in bedroom and living room area. Kitchen in room was well stocked, although we did not need to use. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was similar to that of a Hampton Inn, which offers choices of hot and cold entrees, juices, coffee, & fruits. Property has outdoor swimming pool, basketball court, and nice patios. This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites, left with an impression that brand is pretty good, maybe like a Hampton on steroids.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family