All reviewsbasketball courtnew orleansfire pitgreat hotelevening receptionseparate bedroomfull kitchenhome away from homehot tubbusiness travelexercise roomcomfortable bedexcellent staywould definitely stay here againfree breakfaststaff was friendlywaffles
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Really Hilton? You can do better with the Homewood brand.

Having stayed in 4 Hilton properties over the past 14 days (all Hamptons) I can say the brand let me down on this stay. The hotel itself is very nice, good location and very well kept. They cut corners on the showers and closets, but overall King room layout is nice.

The breakfast experience was terrible. The offering and presentation were so far below this brand I was quite surprised. No prepared oatmeal?! Microwave packaged oatmeal ... really? And a 4 slot, incredibly slow toaster ... hate to have to navigate a really hectic crowd. Juice glasses the size of a large thimble? If you're going to offer fruit try having a good selection and variety in the bowl.

All of the Hampton properties I stayed at in the last 14 days offered a far superior breakfast experience than this property. I was expecting better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel --- ask for something in the 20s -- like 222 or 322, etc.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlphaBill
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your kind words on the appearance of the hotel.
The complimentary Suite Start Breakfast is a nice amenity that guests enjoy. I'm sorry the breakfast offerings didn't exeed your expectations. Homewood Suites creates the menu with many travelers in mind, and I will forward your requests. Hopefully your next experience at a Homewood Suites will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I asked for a quiet room, and they put me in a room next to the elevator. When I say "next to the elevator," I mean that you literally share a wall with the elevator car. Also happens to be the wall with your bed against it, so the elevator sounds like it's moving about 2-3 feet away from your pillow. Terrible design, very disruptive. When I tried to change rooms, the woman at the front desk told me they were sold out and that the only other available room was . . . you guessed it . . . next to another elevator.

I'm not familiar with the area and didn't want to look for another hotel at 8 pm, so I just stayed in the room. Had to wait for people to stop using the elevator in order to sleep. The noise kept me up until 1 am and woke me up around 6. Thrilled that I paid $118 for this.

Otherwise a nice property. Seemed fairly new, clean. Beds are on the firm side, but still very comfortable. Breakfast was typical fare. Staff are pleasant.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room next to the elevator if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your review.
Unfortunately according to your review, the room location wasn't the most comfortable for you. I'm sorry that you experienced a "rough night".
I hope you will stay at the hotel again. Please contact the management team if your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I were looking for an anniversary getaway for the day in Slidell. I came across trip adviser's site while searching for hotels in Slidell, La.- where I saw Homewood Suites rated as #1 of 17! I read the reviews, which were great, browsed pics, and compared rates. The rates were excellent, hotel pics were great, and it was available for when we needed it. When we arrived, the hotel was beautiful- 2 yrs. old--- smells fresh when walking in, clean, beautifully decorated- felt like we were in a expensive hotel chain. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful- goes a long way when considering returning. We rented the studio- Excellent!!! The room was clean, bright, smelled clean- just the right room for romance... And it had a full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, desk with ergonomic chair, sofa, leather ottoman, plush bed and linens, mini bath and body works bath kit, walk in shower, etc... a mini apartment. We felt very comfortable in the room, weren't afraid to sit on the couch or bed, bathe, etc... The reviewer pics and management pics are right on- very helpful unlike some hotel chains whose pics don't match the facility :/ We didn't get to stay for breakfast, but I bet it's amazing- the eating area is gorgeous. I hate to write a book, but was thoroughly impressed!!!! Haven't stayed at a better hotel chain- Ever... I hope they maintain it to stay this way. We will definitely stay at the Slidell location again, even rent the Suite and bring the kids for a getaway- the pool area is beautiful also! Thank you guys for providing a special place with affordable rate for my anniversary getaway-- see you again real soon, maybe a pre-Christmas present for the hubs and I ;)

Room Tip: King Studio Suite is great for couples, King/queen suite would be great for a family
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GRW96
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to submit a review for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your choice in staying here while in the Slidell area.
The staff understands the importance of great customer service, and I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay here. The hotel offers fantastic complimentary amenities including the Suite Start Breakfast daily, Welcome Home Reception Monday – Thursday, Business Center, Fitness Center and more!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I can't say enough about this hotel. From a very helpful and caring staff to the delicious complimentary breakfasts and dinners, my 2+ week stay surpassed my expectations. The rooms, fitness facilities, and outdoor pool with jacuzzi and BBQ were all up to date and well maintained. I would return here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank george d

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This place has everything we could ask for, including:
huge suites, small apartments really. Well-equipped kitchens will full sized fridges. Even a dish washer and garbage disposal. And the nicest cleaning people who will run the dishwasher even if you only have a mug of coffee or two. Comfy beds. Delicious breakfast, especially if you are partial to home made waffles. Wonderful evening "manager's reception" that is all the dinner, wine and beer you could ask for, all free. And they use real fiestaware and real stainless flatware, not crappy paper plates and plastic utensils. It really feels like home. Free wi-fi. I have not tried the salt water pool but it sounds intriguing. Oh, and a free laundry with affordable detergent you can buy right there.
The only thing I'd love to change is the super-soft water, but that is Slidell-wide; you have to go to new Orleans to avoid it.
One other tiny suggestion in case they're reading this; I always use 2 or 3 water glasses in the morning at breakfast because the available glasses are so small. If you put out a few of the evening beer glasses, I'd happily fill only one - less dishes for you!

Room Tip: If you have laundry to do, ask for a room on the second floor near the free laundry!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business