“Really good value, excellent for families!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Mississippi
“Really good value, excellent for families!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I decided to utilize Slidell as an overnight stop before a visit to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans, and we booked at Homewood Suites, as it looked to offer the best blend of location, price, and amenities. Had no idea we'd discover a place that promises to be one of my family's favorite getaways.

My first taste of what Homewood Suites offers came in the form of the most effortless check-in I've ever experienced. I'm always prepared for an issue at the front desk when I've specified a smoking room, as most places leave me wondering why they even ask when they take reservations. Not here. I had exactly the room I'd reserved, and it took all of about 30 seconds for the desk clerk to retrieve my reservation and hand me the keys.

The hotel is extremely clean, the suite we booked was positively enormous, and the pool area is much nicer than most places I've stayed. As an added bonus, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. My kids enjoyed having plenty of room to spread out and relax, and we spent a couple very relaxing hours at the pool before we turned in for the night.

The beds are extraordinarily good. The overall comfort of the room is excellent, as well, as the furniture in the sitting room was very nice. Rounding out the conveniences were a kitchenette with 2-eye stove, full-sized refrigerator, microwave, and a full complement of dishes.

The next morning, we were greeted by the most expansive complimentary breakfast I've seen. Hot food, along with the typical continental breakfast fare, was plentiful and fresh. The seating/dining area was beautiful and comfortable.

All this together in any hotel would be a welcome find, but to have such amenities so close to New Orleans for a very economical nightly rate make Homewood Suites Slidell an excellent choice for the vacationing families.

Room Tip: The two-room suites are expansive. One room holds two queen beds and the bathroom facilities; the ot...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CooterBrwn
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to submit a review for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your choice in staying here while in the Slidell area.
The staff understands the importance of great customer service, and I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay here. The hotel offers fantastic complimentary amenities including the Suite Start Breakfast daily, Welcome Home Reception Monday – Thursday, Business Center, Fitness Center and more!
Pablo Melendez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
United States
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had a king one bedroom suite that was roomy enough for a long stay; like a small apartment. Very quiet and clean. Black out shades kept the bedroom dark well into the day. Friendly staff. Small 24 hour convienence store at the front desk. Basketball court outside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TravlGirl1
Scottsboro, Alabama
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The staff was so helpful and friendly. Took my 2 daughters and their children for a visit to my parents, their grandparent’s and great-grandparent’s. We had 3 suites at the end of the hall all to ourselves. We got to visit with family and had a wonderful place to stay and keep grandkids happy while we grown-ups visited. All of my grandchildren said the pool and swimming were the best part of their vacation. Breakfast and the afternoon dinner were great. We will stay there again when we go back for our next family visit . Clean, friendly and so close to everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank alacbh
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time to submit a review! I'm thrilled to know you and your family enjoyed time here. The outdoor saltwater pool is a bonus for our guests, especially children!
Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit!
Have a wonderful day,
San Leon, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Nice rooms, super clean, updated, and breakfast was good!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Shannon H
Thank you for taking some time to submit a review for our Homewood Suites by Hitlon Slidell. Your time is appreciated. The complimentary Suite Start daily breakfast is a hit with our guests, and I'm happy that you enjoyed!
We look forward to seeing you again,
Gonzales, Louisiana
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night during the memorial day weekend. The lobby was very clean and the checkin process was quick (even though their system was offline). The room was gorgeous and very spacious. We didnt get to really use the kitchen, but the bed was very comfortable. The handle bar thing on the outside of the shower door broke off when i brushed by it and made a huge clatter on the tiled floor. It must have been barely on there- I didn't run into it or anything, just touched it trying to make my way to the toilet (in the middle of the night, no less)! Speaking of noise, the next morning I could hear doors slamming from all over (i am a light sleeper in the mornings) so I didnt get to sleep in like I had hoped. I suppose I can't fault the hotel for that, just inconsiderate people. Overall, this was our first time staying in a Homewood Suites and I will definitely consider staying in one again.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank shae8711
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 21, 2012

OMG! This hotel is so nice! Our family of five came for a convention in New Orleans but didn't want to stay in the French Quarter with our young children. We found this hotel at a great price and had a great time!

The hotel is new and super clean with all the amenities you expect from Homewood Suites. The breakfast was completely gourmet! I mean really, who serves egg frittata, real bacon and blueberry scones for breakfast these days? We were so impressed. We actually felt like royalty. The full hot breakfast and the manager's reception in the evenings (weekdays) saved us a TON of money. The manager's reception is not just chips and salsa like you get at some other hotel chains. It was a full meal. The only meal we had to buy was lunch when we were away from the hotel.

When we checked in "Charlie" welcomed us with her cute smile and a delicious praline (sweet treat). And "Mr. Mac" was like our dad by giving us helpful information about finding our way around town in New Orleans. They were so nice to us! The hotel is literally next to Sam's and Wal-mart and right across the street from the cleanest mall (North Shore Square Mall) I've seen in a while.

The hotel has a fitness room, heated outdoor pool and a whirlpool spa that's great for unwinding after a day of long meetings. They offer fresh coffee all day and complimentary laundry facilities! I didn't have a pile of dirty clothes to wash when we got home. We just unpacked our clean clothes and put them away! We will definitely be back. If you're in the area...choose Homewood Suites - Slidell!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids, the one-bedroom is suite is great! it offers more room to spread out.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank firstladymama
Pride, LA
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was the first time my family and I have stayed at a Homewood Suites, and it won't be our last! Everyone was super nice and so friendly. Valerie was so helpful and very pleasant to speak with, she was always happy and upbeat everytime I spoke with her. Even when I had to make a few changes to our reservations. Overall the staff really impressed me with their hospitality. Not only was the staff great, but we enjoyed the room as well. It was very comfy and spacious, loved it. And breakfast was great too!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family