All reviewsbasketball courtnew orleansfire pitgreat hotelevening receptionseparate bedroomfull kitchenhome away from homehot tubbusiness travelexercise roomcomfortable bedexcellent staywould definitely stay here againfree breakfaststaff was friendlywaffles
Reviewed June 21, 2012

OMG! This hotel is so nice! Our family of five came for a convention in New Orleans but didn't want to stay in the French Quarter with our young children. We found this hotel at a great price and had a great time!

The hotel is new and super clean with all the amenities you expect from Homewood Suites. The breakfast was completely gourmet! I mean really, who serves egg frittata, real bacon and blueberry scones for breakfast these days? We were so impressed. We actually felt like royalty. The full hot breakfast and the manager's reception in the evenings (weekdays) saved us a TON of money. The manager's reception is not just chips and salsa like you get at some other hotel chains. It was a full meal. The only meal we had to buy was lunch when we were away from the hotel.

When we checked in "Charlie" welcomed us with her cute smile and a delicious praline (sweet treat). And "Mr. Mac" was like our dad by giving us helpful information about finding our way around town in New Orleans. They were so nice to us! The hotel is literally next to Sam's and Wal-mart and right across the street from the cleanest mall (North Shore Square Mall) I've seen in a while.

The hotel has a fitness room, heated outdoor pool and a whirlpool spa that's great for unwinding after a day of long meetings. They offer fresh coffee all day and complimentary laundry facilities! I didn't have a pile of dirty clothes to wash when we got home. We just unpacked our clean clothes and put them away! We will definitely be back. If you're in the area...choose Homewood Suites - Slidell!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids, the one-bedroom is suite is great! it offers more room to spread out.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank firstladymama
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to submit a review for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your choice in staying here while in the Slidell area.
The staff understands the importance of great customer service, and I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay here. The hotel offers fantastic complimentary amenities including the Suite Start Breakfast daily, Welcome Home Reception Monday – Thursday, Business Center, Fitness Center and more!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was the first time my family and I have stayed at a Homewood Suites, and it won't be our last! Everyone was super nice and so friendly. Valerie was so helpful and very pleasant to speak with, she was always happy and upbeat everytime I spoke with her. Even when I had to make a few changes to our reservations. Overall the staff really impressed me with their hospitality. Not only was the staff great, but we enjoyed the room as well. It was very comfy and spacious, loved it. And breakfast was great too!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank D'Anne H

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Really enjoyed just a stopover stay. Very nice for the price. Google sent me the wrong way by clicking the hotel address from my confirmation email, not sure who is at fault there. It was well worth finally arriving here.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bigx2papa
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to submit a review. Your input is appreciated. I appreciate you letting us know about the driving directions. As you stated "nice and new", sometimes GPS systems don't locate the hotel. Rest assured, this is an area we are working on.
Again thank you and please stop in again during your next stayover in the area!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Awesome hotel. Stayed at the Hampton a few weeks earlier and this hotel was a million times better. If I go back to Slidell I'll be staying here. It's worth the extra $10.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Michelle21496

Thank you for taking a few minutes to submit a review and pictures of the hotel. TripAdvisor is a great site for travelers to see exactly what hotels have to offer.
I'm glad that you have chosen the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell as your hotel of choice in Slidell.
We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently stayed here for a short family reunion. This is the BEST hotel I've visited in a long time. It has many amenities and services that you would expect to find at a much more expensive property. The rooms are large and confortable with a FULL kitchen. The maid service cleans up everything, including dishes! There is a lovely outdoor area with gas grills, a pool, basketball court, and very nice furniture. The staff is friendly and helpful. The FREE breakfast is a HOT buffet with many choices outside of standard continental breakfast fare. This is also a new property and clearly great care was taken in decorating it. The ambiance is quite nice. The location is also great for families as it is quiet and safe. You can be in New Orleans in about a half hour. There is a Wal Mart right next door, so if you choose, you can buy groceries and cook meals for yourself, but there is also an outstanding restaurant (Zea's) right up the street. Slidell itself isn't terribly exciting, but this is a great place to stay if you'd like to visit New Orleans, but prefer some quiet in the evenings. Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family