All reviewsbasketball courtnew orleansfire pitgreat hotelevening receptionseparate bedroomfull kitchenhome away from homehot tubbusiness travelexercise roomcomfortable bedexcellent staywould definitely stay here againfree breakfaststaff was friendlywaffles
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We are a family of 2 parents & 3 young kids. We stayed on our way home after driving for 12 hours. What a gorgeous respite! It's spotlessly clean (one gentleman never stopped cleaning during the morning we checked out!), the suites are huge and comfortable in every way and even have nice touches like a ceiling fan in the bedroom.
Breakfast was plentiful, unique and delicious. We loved the variety. The pool area was so nice with a sitting area and clean towels. My kids loved the waterfall and hot tub. Just wish we had more time here! Staff was so efficient and even let us have a late checkout. We highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you for your review. We are very happy your family enjoyed the time here. Breakfast is a wonderful amenity, and thrilled to know your children enjoyed the pool and hot tub!
We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed June 29, 2011

The staff at the HWS is fabulous! We have nearly 25 people stay there during a test campaign and we all are treated with individual care. It does not stop after we depart as we can always call on Vallerie Tapple when ever we need help with any Hilton stay anywhere in the U.S. .

• Stayed: June 2011
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Thank you for the wonderul review! We truly appreciate you and the entire team making Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell the "host hotel" for your extended stay visits. And, very nice to hear Ms. Tappel-Waeltz views you not only as guests of the Homewood Slidell, but as valued Hilton Honors members and works to help in other cities.
We look forward to seeing you and the team again very soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying there for a month. The staff was so professional and friendly. It was probably about 8 of us, and they knew us by name. The food was great! I had no complaints at all. It was in a great location near everything.

• Stayed: June 2011
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell for your month stay in the area. I'm glad to hear you and your colleagues are pleased with the staff. Because the Homewood truly was a "home away from home", we feel it is important to make guests feel at home. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon. Pablo Melendez

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at the Homewood in Slidell, La. I was one of several dozen contractors, mostly engineers and finance people, working for a local defense firm. We tried several places but Homewood became the hotel of choice for most of us.

Most of the rooms are suites, which is especially handy for couples whose internal clocks aren't always in sync. My stay at Homewood happened to be solo, but I came to appreciate the value of a suite when my wife flew in to join me for four days in a single room at a downtown New Orleans hotel. There were a couple of nights when a suite would have been great both for the one who reads and the one who watches TV, and for the one who snores and the one who has bouts of insomnia. Just sayin'.

Each bed comes with 5 or 6 different kinds of pillows, so everyone should be able to find something that works for them.

Homewood serves a decent free breakfast each morning, and four nights a week (Mon-Thurs) they offer a light dinner including wine and beer, all of which is also free. Dinner quality varies and you have only one choice for the main course, but I ended up eating there about two nights a week even though the company I was working for was paying all my restaurant tabs. Some nights it just wasn't worth the extra trouble to leave Homewood.

The rooms have both ethernet and wifi. Also full kitchens which makes it handy to keep snacks and even groceries if you want to cook in your room or barbecue on the patio. The patio has two big grills, a fire pit and lots of comfortable chairs and tables.

I'm finding that helpful staff is pretty much the standard at all hotels, and Homewood is no exception. When I asked about scanning to PDF files in their 3-computer business center, the manager offer to do it for me on her computer and email me the files.

While Homewood was always at the top of my list, I came to appreciate the place even more after spending four days at a downtown luxury hotel that was much more expensive. The downtown luxury hotel wanted $6.95 an hour for internet in the room (can you believe that?), and they'll put a new roll of toilet paper in your room if housekeeping notices the holder is completely empty. If you run out before housekeeping makes its daily visit, they'll bring you up a roll about 45 minutes after you call the desk. At Homewood they simply stock the room with an extra roll.

The TV at the luxury hotelwas at least 20 years old and the picture quality matched its vintage. At Homewood the two TVs (one in the bedroom, one in the living room) are new with sharp images and an accompanying DVD player.

The lobby at the luxury hotel was grand and elegant, but there were no places to sit and relax unless you bought an over-priced drink. At Homewood there is no shortage of places to sit and relax either inside or out.

If I ever return for another stay in downtown New Orleans I'll be checking out the downtown Homewood to see which it resembles more - the comfortable home-away-from-home I experienced in Slidell,or its stuffy, over-priced competitor around the corner.

I've also stayed at Homewood Suites in Wichita, Ks, which I found to be as excellent as the one in Slidell, and in Jackson, Mississippi, which was not as good but still pretty decent.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for taking time to submit a review for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your choice in staying here while in the Slidell area.
The staff understands the importance of great customer service, and I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay here. The hotel offers fantastic complimentary amenities including the Suite Start Breakfast daily, Welcome Home Reception Monday – Thursday, Business Center, Fitness Center and more!
I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in the area.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel is brand new with a great staff. The rooms are so nice with lots of space. They have a nice breakfast with many options and evening meals provided during the week. This is a very welcoming place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you very much for the fantastic review! I'm pleased that you had such a great time at our Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. Glad you enjoyed complimentary full hot breakfast and plenty of room in the spacious suites! I hope to see you again soon, Pablo Melendez