“Excellent food!!!”

Southside Cafe
Ranked #1 of 236 Restaurants in Slidell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Experience Southern Louisiana cooking at its finest here at Southside Cafe where you'll find a casual, family owned establishment that dishes out delicious food and drink. We love to cook like we had it when we grew up, just like our mom & dad taught us. Stop on in for a traditional PoBoy sandwich on French bread - always a Louisiana staple. Some of everyone's other favorite things here are the Peacemaker Sandwich, Yellow Fin Tuna, and the Build Your Own Burger. Have it your way at Southside Cafe, starting with your choice of meat, bun, toppings, and condiments. Looking for a new place to get brunch? We serve it all day long on Sunday. Come on down for Nawlins classics as well as Southside originals. It's always a good time at Southside Cafe, the taps are always flowing and the beer is always cold. Happy hour is Monday - Friday from 3pm to 7pm and all day on Sunday! Order your favorite drink with your best friends or stay around for a while and meet some new ones. We have plenty of room for large gatherings, and many folks come out for banquets, anniversaries, birthdays, and many other occasions. We offer a whole range of catering options for your event, so feel free to see how we can help make your event a success. What are you waiting for? Get the best meals, drinks, and all around Louisiana experience here at Southside Cafe in Slidell.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I didn't think this would be the #1 rated place to eat in Slidell but after eating there I know why. You don't have many choices to choose from in this area but if you're looking for delicious food I highly recommend you only eat at: Southside Cafe & Copeland's!!!

It's a bar/grill so it's a more calm atmosphere than Copeland's. The menu items are cheaper and more like bar food (sandwiches, salads, burgers, soups).

My husband had a Reuben and I had the Pontchartrain Pig Sandwich. I never thought my sandwich would be THAT delicious!!! HOLY SMOKES it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!! The pork was so juicy and the BBQ sauce was sweet/smokey and the Cole slaw on top was just another amazing layer. I normally don't like Cole slaw on sandwiches but this made the sandwich perfect! Our waitress highly recommend the Pontchartrain Pig - I'm so glad she did because I don't think any other item on the menu could top this sandwich.

The food was delicious, the service was great and the atmosphere was nice ... loud but nice.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The place is very loud but the food is excellent and the service is hard to beat. From their po-bays to the specials to the steak night everything is always good and fast

Reviewed August 23, 2012

A good spot for friendly service, good food. Drinks are generously hand poured. Food portions are generous also. The bar is a great locals meeting spot!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The food here was great. The atmosphere was really neat. It was the first restaurant I've been to that charged extra for lettuce, tomato and mayo on your burger. We had chili cheese fries - small order - $5.99 - was a little paper basket about hand size thought that was a little much. Service was quick and very professional. We will return when in the area.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have recently moved closer to Southside and go there usually once a week. Everyone is friendly and the food is alway great.

2  Thank Daniele L