“worth the stip”

Big Easy Diner
Ranked #44 of 233 Restaurants in Slidell
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Food was delicious and the service was pretty good. The parking lot is small and can be a bit tricky getting into. Overall, it was worth the effort to get into.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Best breakfast in town. The Philly Cheesesteak omlet is awesome. Good hamburgers. The decor is great. Service is friendly and good.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The diner is a great "blast from the past". The setting is like a diner in the 50s-60s days with "oldies" music playing.. The pancakes are the best I've ever eaten. The breakfast menu is reasonably priced, the service is great and it is a great place for breakfast. This is our "go to" place for breakfast.

1  Thank Carolynwb
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I ate at Big Easy Diner for lunch yesterday and we will NEVER go back. The parking is absolutely terrible - the parking lot is very crowded and small - the employees must park in the same spots as the customers because for a packed parking lot there were more employees than customers. The inside is nice as far as looks go, but other than that I rate this place a big fat ZERO!!! It was nice and quiet at the time we were in there, not maybe people in there at all so we expected to be in and out in no time ... WRONG! Our waitress along with all the other waitresses were running around with their heads cut off and it wasn't even busy in there. We only saw our waitress when she took our order and brought us our food - which by the way she messed up my order and also charged extra for fries and never brought them to me. I didn't want to sit there for 3 years so I just ate what she brought me (the bread was really tough for a sub, maybe it was old bread). She was at the table behind us more than she was at any of her other tables, why I do not know. It seemed like we weren't even there - I think she forgot about us. We needed refills but never got them until we were finishing up with our meals. My husband and I sat there for a good 15min (we timed it) waiting for our check ... we didn't even see our waitress so we could flag her down. She walked by our table many times and never bothered to ask us how everything was, if we needed anything, etc,. She went to the table behind us took their order and then said to them she'd be right back to check on them and that she had to go check the mailbox for mail .... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! Is the mail that important that you can't finish up with your tables first??!?!?!? She still didn't come check on us but she checked back with the table behind us like she said she would (we think they were regulars). The table in front of us must have been having the same experience because the lady at that table got up and went to get her own "to go" box. When she walked by us AGAIN and went to the table in front of us she realized she gave them our check so she gave it to us and said, "I was wondering why you guys were still here as she laughed." NOT FUNNY TO US we didn't want to waste our day hanging out at the Big Easy Diner.

Before I forget, she blamed the craziness on the recent Hurricane - I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with how well you do your job ... especially when she was doing her job when it came to the table behind us. Needless to say, we didn't leave her any tip - you want a tip you need to work for it!!!!!

Overall rating, we were not happy with the service and the food was okay, not great. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone, keep driving and save your money for a better restaurant (Copeland's which is rated #2 and MUCH BETTER). When my husband and I travel we always choose where to eat based off TripAdvisor and before this place we never had a bad experience. I guess from now on we'll stick to our rule of only eating at the top 10 rated restaurants!

3  Thank Chris B
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We ate here the first night we were in town. The food was good and there was a lot of it to an order. The only complaint i had was the waitress didn't really check to see if we needed anything.