“Overall a great experience.”

Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Neenah, WI
“Overall a great experience.”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Beautiful hotel and the staff was great, particularly Ms Erica and Ms Sandra who went out of her way to search for a new coffee maker when ours wasn't working. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sfreddy31
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Sfreddy31,
I want to personally thank you for taking time out to write such a lovely review. I am so happy to hear that Erica and Sandra went out of their way to help make your stay more accommodating. I have shared your comments with them and the entire staff. I am also happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to see you again. Please let us know the next time you are in the area.

Athena Tzuanos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Me and my husband were in Louisiana for the Essence Festival and stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Slidell. The location was about 30 minutes from the Superdome but the distance wasn't too bad. The hotel was absolutely beautiful, and the staff was amazing. The facility was in the perfect location. Plenty of shopping and restaurants. Although it was 30 minutes from New Orleans we will definitely make this our hotel of choice when returning. Thank you for such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The bed was a little on the small size. In the single bed suite, they listed as Queen size but I th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane J
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear DianeJ,
First and foremost I want to thank you for taking time out to write such a wonderful review. I love the feedback from all of our guest. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in the area. I am extremely happy that you chose Candlewood Suites in Slidell LA as your host hotel. We would love to see you again the next time you take a vacation to the area. I have also shared your wonderful comments with my entire staff..

Aylett, Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We spent spring break at this hotel, in April. It was amazing. All of the staff was extremely friendly and the hotel was very clean. We stayed in a room with a 4 and 6 year old, with 2 double beds. We didn't feel cramped and we loved the amenities. The free laundry is great for a family. The kitchen was very helpful. I went to walmart (right next door) the first morning and stocked the fridge and it made us not even miss a continental breakfast. We have friends and family in Slidell and we will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mrs Bono,
I want to personally thank you for taking time out to write such a wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that you had a chance to enjoy all of our amenities that we have to offer all of our guest. I am extremely happy to also hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to see you again the next time you are in the area. Hope to hear from you soon for your next reservation.

Atlanta
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel is the CLEANEST and FRIENDLIEST hotel in the Slidell area. They're new amenities such as daily room tidy ups and dinner twice weekly had Deff made this hotel top notch!!! This hotel will always be my 1st choice when traveling with business or leisure to slidell

• Stayed June 2014
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Bobbet258,
First and foremost I want to thank you for taking time out to write such a wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and got a chance to enjoy all of our fabulous amenities that we have to offer. Please let me know the next time you are in the area, we would love to see you again.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Came upon this gem via one of the coupon books at the rest area. Large room with king bed, recliner, table and chairs, full size fridge, dw, cooktop and all the kitchen utensils needed to cook. Also, grills outside on a covered patio AND an indoor salt-water pool. Very nice staff. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: look for the coupon books at the rest areas
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Orchid94,
I want to personally thank you for taking time and writing such a wonderful review. We love to hear feedback from our guest. I am so happy to hear that you loved all of our amenities that we have to offer each of our guest. We would love to see you again. Please let me know the next time you are in the area.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have to say this hotel is so nice. I have never stayed at a candlewood before and wow is all i can say. This hotel has everything. The staff at the front desk are the nicest ever. I have never been to a hotel where the general manager is so nice. I will definatly be back

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Riderbike
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Riderbike,
Thank you so much for taking time out to write such a wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that your first experience with Candlewood Suites was beyond your expectations. We would love to see you again. Please let me know the next time you are in the area.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family (2 adults + 2 kids) stayed here recently. The staff was amiable and the rooms were clean. Candlewood's complimentary breakfast consists of coffee and fruit (if they have it). There is a room you enter with your card key where you can purchase individually wrapped breakfast and snack items along with basic toiletries (a little more expensive than at a gas station). Toiletries werent provided in the room. In addition, the hotel does not offer rooms with two queen beds (only 2 double/full). In the fitness room, the weight machines weren't working smoothly. Housekeeping never came to change out our sheets or towels or make our beds. The mattresses were very uncomfortable! In fact, some of us had back pain the next morning. The pool is indoor and the lobby smelled great. There is no covered entrance in the event you arrive or leave while it's pouring rain.

Room Tip: Bring hand soap in a pump bottle.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Objective_Critic20,
First I want to personally thank you for taking time out to write a review. We love to hear the feedback from our guest. I am truly sorry that you did not get the best experience that we have to offer. I am glad that we did provide you with clean hotel, Please let me know the next time you are in the area. We would love to have you stay with us again, to extend to you our great hotel that guest love. You can reach me personally at cdwsl_gm@myhhotels.com or by phone at 985-326-0120 ext 150.