“Pretty solid representation of the Candlewood brand.”

Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Pretty solid representation of the Candlewood brand.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here going to and coming from Florida. The experience was very good both times. First and foremost, the lighting in the parking lot is excellent and they have security that checks the parking lot. Thus, you know your car is pretty safe even though crime is not really a problem in the area. Second, the lady at the front desk (she was working on each of our stays) was very pleasant. Third, the rooms were very modern and clean, although the design of the bathroom isn't great when the door hits the sink area.

We only had two minor issues that kept me from giving this location an excellent. First, the pet fee at $35 for the first night (we only stayed one night each time) is pretty expensive. We've stayed at Candlewood Suites in various locations across multiple states and it has never been this high. Second, the selection in the pantry is relatively limited and I even had to notify the front desk clerk about expired yogurt in the refrigerator. I am glad I checked the dates before I gave it to my kids!

With that said, I think this location is a very good representation of the Candlewood brand and I highly recommend staying here.

Stayed December 2013
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear kandkwed,
I want to personally thank you for taking time out and writing such a wonderful review on our hotel. I am extremely happy that my staff has made you feel at home and comfortable with your stay. Here at Candlewood Suites Slidell/Northshore we strive to provide a clean and comfortable hotel for all of our guest. Please let me know the next time you are in the area we would love to see you again. You can reach me at 985-326-0120 ext 150 or email me at cdwsl_gm@myhhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

The staff was nice, hotel clean. Pillows need some oomph! disappointed that it is advertised as a "SUITE"- wanted a separate bedroom to be able to put kids down at one time, and adults to come to bed later. Front desk staff was nice in booking an attraction for us. Everything seemed clean. Computer in "office" for guest use needs some updating- takes five minutes for news webpage to load.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear sherrymac77,
First and foremost I want to thank you personally for choosing Candlewood Suites Slidell/Northshore. I am extremely happy that you experienced a great stay with us. Here at Candlewood Suites Slidell/Northshore we strive to provide all of our guest a friendly and comfortable hotel. As for the suites we are an extended stay property every room is a suite with a full size kitchen. We also have one bedroom suites with a king size bed in the bedroom and a pull out couch bed in the living room. Next time you are in the area please give me a call at 985-326-0120 ext 150 or email me at cdwsl_gm@myhhotels.com. We would love to have you back!!
Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

In most people's lives booking a hotel is a pretty ordinary and easy task to accomplish. However when you live 20+ hours away from home and you have to ability to take leave from the military, making sure everything falls into place is quite a daunting task. Personally, if it wasn't for Ms. Malori, my trip would have fallen through. She was patient, friendly, and she even corrected a mistake on my behalf. The initial environment you're in is the lobby in the company of the front desk staff, which the staff is very cheerful and professional (great quality). Even though the rooms are nice and comfortable, this recommendation is not on their rooms alone, but also on their staffs ability to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear CC,
I want to personally thank you for taking time out to write such a lovely review on our hotel. We appreciate the feedback from all of our guest. I am extremely happy that you have enjoyed your stay again with us. I am ecstatic that our amazing front desk guest representative, Malori helped you with your reservation. Here at Candlewood Suties Slidell/Northshore we strive to provide each guest with great customer service with a friendly enviorment. We enjoyed having you here with us, and look forward to you returning back again. When you are heading back to the area please give me a call at 985-326-0120 ext 150. or email me at cdwsl_gm@myhhotels.com. Thank you again.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

The only good thing about this place was the location. It was right off I-12 and there were lots of fast food and a Walmart and Target nearby.

We paid for a queen bed but the bed we got was closer to a full. When I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk, she offered us another room but it too was a full size. She claimed it was a queen size bed but I have a queen size bed at home and the bed we were given was definitely NOT a queen.

The room was an adequate size but they did a horrible job with the painting and the furniture in our room was coming apart (bed and chair).

Amazingly, the hotel was right off the freeway but we didn't hear any street noise. Inside the hotel is another story! Late at night and early in the morning, we would hear doors slamming and people talking loud. Needless to say, I did not get to sleep past 6:30 a.m. on the 2 days we were there.

I regret picking this place. We paid almost $200 USD for a crappy room with a bed that was not a queen!

• Stayed November 2013
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear beccal72,
I want to thank you for taking time and writing a review on our hotel. First and foremost I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I thank you for your feedback. Here at Candlewood Suites Slidell/ Northshore we strive to provide all of our guest with all of the comforts of home. We fell short this time and for that I am sorry. I have taken your review and shared it with my team to make sure that we do not fall short again. Next time you are in the area please give me a call directly at 985-326-0120 ext 150 or email me at cdwsl_gm@myhhotels.com. We would love to have you stay with us again and have you experience what Candlewood Suites Slidell/Northshore has to offer. Thank you for your time.
Barnesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Needed a place for two nights for four people. The hotel was clean and located in good location. The two young adults took the hide-away sofa couch and my wife and I took the king size bedroom. We had a full kitchen with all supplies, two 30" TV's and a nice size bath. Easy drive into New Orleans taking about 45 minutes. I plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: We were by the elevator but could not hear anything so I would think all the rooms are pretty good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Papa127,
I want to personally thank you for taking time out to write such a wonderful review on our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. As always here at Candlewood Suites Slidell/ Northshore we strive to make sure our guest are happy and comfortable with a clean room and friendly atmosphere with all of the comforts at home. We would love to see you again. When you are heading back in the area please give me a call at 985-326-0120 ext 150. Or email me at cdwsl_gm@myhhotels.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Valdosta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Upon arrival the hotel looks great and the front desk staff were fantastic...but once you enter the room (#200) it's a different world. It smelled, old dirty and outdated. The bathroom facets were loose and leaky. The cable was disconnected from the TV. I was shocked at the condition of the hotel. The pool area was closed because the key card slot would not work for anybody. I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear combs40,

Thank you for taking time to bring the issues that you concerned in your review. Here at Candlewood Suites we strive to have a friendly and clean hotel for our guests. We fell short of our goal this time.
I can assure you the issues you have brought to our attention have been discussed with our employees and measures have been implemented to prevent from recurring in the future.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have you as a returning guest,under more pleasant circumstances, where we may provide you with the services and quality that we strive to provide all our guests and as you would expect to receive.
Please contact me directly upon your next trip to Slidell and I will personally assure you a much improved experience. Please call me at 985-326-0120 or email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitlaity.org.
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My kids and I rented three rooms at the Candlewood Suites for two nights for a family wedding. The facility is relatively new and CLEAN! The suites include a mini-kitchen which was very much appreciated. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. My adult kids appreciated the workout room as well. I highly highly recommend this location. Thank you everyone at Candlewood Suites! We'll be back. Mrs... ; )

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear HappyCamper1018,
I want to personally thank you for such a wonderful review. Here at Candlewood Suites Slidell/Northshore we strive to make sure all of our guest feel at home with a comfortable atmosphere. I am so glad to hear that we met all of your expectations. We would love to see you again. Next time you are heading this way or in the area, please give me a call at 985-326-0120 or email me at cdwsl_gm@myhhotels.com.