“Like New”

Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
“Like New”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure when this was built, but it is like new. Great rooms, super friendly service. No breakfast though. Nice location. We only stayed for one night just passing through. This seems like it would be a great extended stay if needed.

• Stayed August 2013
Athena T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Codogg2k,
I want to personally thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites Slidell/ Norhtshore. I also want to thank you for taking time out to write a review on our hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at Candlewood Suites we strive in having a clean and comfortable environment for all of our guest. Although we do not have breakfast in the morning, we do have the Candlewood Cupboard with a variety of breakfast items to choose from. When you are in the area again please give me a call at 985-326-0120 ext 150. Or you can email me at cdwsl_gm@myhhotels.com. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I should have known things weren't going to be great when we were greeted with a shirtless man sitting on the couch after his swim.
The front desk was very nice and they were loading coolers of soda, water and beer for guest appreciation dinner which is very nice. But...
First, we were given the wrong.room number we went to the room and the guest in their opened the door. Sleeping bags on the floor of.the two bed room-kids everywhere! Isn't there a safety limit how many people can stay in one room?
So, we went down and got the correct room number which was directly below the room we were just sent to.
The kids went to the pool, which was small, with men drinking the free beer and playing rough, so my kids wanted to leave.
Then we went back up to the room, and had dinner. We noticed how much noise we could hear; doors slamming, the elevator, kids running and jumping, etc...
When I went to put my kids to bed, the noise hadn't died down. I called the front desk, and they were super sweet and said they would take care of it.
The banging continued until almost midnight.
I think hotel is just made with poor insulation, so expect a ton of noise.
We will pay the extra 20-40.00 for the holiday inn from now on.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear molassesoc,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The room was very comfortable with the most well stocked kitchen I have seen in an extended stay. We were fortunate enough to get the last two rooms (felt sorry for the exhausted guy that came in after us!). Alex was very sweet and took very good care of us. It was late when we came in but she was very pleasant and considerate of our needs. Definitely a pleasant stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear shetan1972,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. I was happy to hear that Alex was there to greet you and provide you with two of our comfortable fully stocked suites. Our mission is to ensure each guest feels right at home. Please keep us in mind any time you are in the Slidell area. We would love to see you again. Feel free to call me at 985-326-0120 ext 150 or email me at CDWSL_gm@myhhotels.com. Hope to see you soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay. We stayed one night. We were greeted with the most friendly person, Brittany. Lobby was clean and nice, coffee and fruit 24 hours. Our room was spacious and clean! What a great way to start our vacation.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear chomin,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review our hotel. It is our goal here at the Candlewood Suites- Slidell/Northshore to ensure that each one of our guest receive friendly and courteous customer service. I as happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and complementary fruit and coffee 24 hours. Please note that your comments have been not only shared with Brittany by my entire team. Please keep us in mind the next time you are starting a new vacation or traveling to the Slidell area. We look forward to seeing you again. Feel free to call me at 985-326-0120 ext. 150 or email me at CDWSL_gm@myhhotels.com.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My boyfriend works 50 miles away, but we chose to stay at this particular hotel due to other reviews online & we are so glad we did! Never been to a hotel that gave out so many hugs! You can tell that every staff member (from the front desk staff to the cleaning staff) truly cares about you & even your dog!
The Tuesday & Thursday guest appreciation dinners are AMAZING!! Prepared by Athena's mom each week, these homecooked meals are delicious! The pineapple/angel food cake/cool whip dessert was to die for!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Natalie M,

Thank you Natalie M for taking the time to write this review on our property. I was happy to hear that despite the distance in travel for your boyfriend the two of you found the comforts of home here at the Candlewood Suites-Slidell/Northshore. I was thrilled to hear that my team provided not only you and your boyfriend, but your beautiful dog a comfortable place to stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team and to our wonderful social chef, You are right Natalie M the Pineapple dessert was to die for! Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the area and need a place to stay we will always be here to provide you with that "second home". Call me directly at 985-326-0120 ext 150 or email me at CDWSL_gm@myhhotels.com

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had an amazing experience. First and fore most the staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Everyone took the time to greet and talk with the guest and made you feel very welcomed. My job requires me to travel all over the country and to date haven't been to a better hotel. I would say that the only down fall is not having breakfast but beyond that nice rooms, courtesy staff and very clean and well kept up. Great job to the entire staff! Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear buckjonathan,

Thank you buckjonathan for writing this review on our hotel. I was happy to here that my team provided you with a welcoming friendly customer service which you so greatly deserve. As a seasoned traveler who has stayed at many hotels I was delighted to hear that Candlewood Suites-Slidell/Northshore is on the top of your list. Please feel free buckjohnathan to contact me the next time you are in town at 985-326-0120 ext. 150 or email me personally at CDWSL_gm@myhhotels.com. Thank you again buckjohnathan we look forward to your next stay with us.

Holt, Michigan
Reviewed June 4, 2013

WOW Service is what we received during our stay was amazing.
We cannot say enough about the manager and staff, always so helpful and friendly with anything we needed. Our room was great! Had microwave, stove, fridge and coffee maker. Would Love to stay here again, They really know how to treat their guests. Also had a customer appreciation dinner that was great. :) Thanks to your wonderful Staff for your kindness during our stay. Awesome Awesome!! 2012 catch on Tour!!
THE BEST STAFF I HAVE EVER MET YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear thejerry76,

2012 Catch on Tour!!!!! Thank you for writing this review on this hotel. It was wonderful to not only meet the two of you, but get this amazing feedback from you on my team. I realizes that you are a seasoned traveler so I am very happy to hear that Candlewood Suites-Slidell/Northshore team is the Best Staff that you had ever met. I am happy that you enjoyed the layout of our rooms and our guest appreciation nights.We look forward to keeping in touch with you on your many adventures. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the Slidell area. Feel free to call me at 985-326-0120 ext 150 or CWSL_gm@myhhotels.com.