“Who could ask for anything more?”

Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We arrived at 7:45pm to a cheerful and very helpful Alex at the front desk. As a Platinum Priority Club member, I have stayed at many Candlewood Suites hotels, but this one is the best yet. Alex upgraded us to a King Suite without being asked. This hotel does not just offer a small token for Priority Club members. Not a big deal, but a pleasant surprise.

Alex took the time to explain the special housekeeping and Candlewood accommodations to prevent any misunderstandings. She has an excellent personality for customer service.

The room was spotless and well appointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Mr. 71771,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel. I was happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and that Alex was able to provide you with that excellent personality that you so greatly deserve as a valued guest. I also wanted to thank you for your loyalty as a Platinum Priority Club Member and we look forward to the next time you stay with us. Please feel free to call or email me at anytime. 985-326-0120 or cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had two room King suite. Room was VERY clean & cleanest kitchen I've ever seen in hotel room. Bed was hard. Plenty of quality pillows & towels. Very friendly & helpful staff. Hotel just off Interstate & next to shopping, but quiet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Liv4wked,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking time to fill out this review on our property. We love hearing feedback from our guest. I was happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. Please feel free to contact me the next time you are in town. We would love to see you again. Phone: 985-326-0120 or email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I will always stay at this hotel when I'm in Slidell. I stayed there when they had just opened, and it was just as clean and maintained now as it was then. The staff was so friendly, I think the one girl's name was Alex... They have free laundry machines which I never knew before, they have free fruit which my son loved, and their prices in the gift shop on other items were very reasonable. The only complaint, and it's very minor, was the pool had a bit too much chlorine and was cloudy and green. That may be the normal though, however my son's eyes were bright red the whole weekend. They had a porta crib for the baby as I requested, and it was already in the room with blankets when we checked in. It is one of those metal ones which I wasn't expecting in a new hotel, but it worked out fine. Their DVD selection you can borrow was good, and all the in room ammenities were great. Will never stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have higher ceilings, but seem to be a little more noisy than the upper floor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kmarrone,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking some time out to fill out this survey of our hotel. We love hearing feedback from our guest. I was happy to hear that your experience this second time around still provided you with clean and friendly atmosphere. I have passed on your kind words to our front agent Alex. I was also pleased to hear that you and your son enjoyed our Candlewood Cupboard. Please also take note that I have looked into your comments regarding the pool and have addressed any needed maintenance issues to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please feel free to contact me personally the next time you and your family our in town. We look forward to seeing you again. Phone: 985-326-0120 or email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very Clean, and accommodating. The rooms are huge and are fully stocked. They have the fluffiest towels ever!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, my husband and I look forward to staying here again in the near future!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chambliss06
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Chambliss06,

I wanted to personally Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel. It is always nice to hear feedback from our guest. I was very pleased to hear that we were able to provide you and your husband a clean and comfortable hotel accomidation. Please feel free to let us know the next time you and your family are in town. We look forward to seeing you again. Feel free to contact me personally at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org for you next stay.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Right across from the mall and an Olive Garden and WalMart. What a nice relief after the dump we stayed at in San Antonio. For $89 (with a dog) I felt we had everything we needed. A quick trip to Walmart for supplies and we spent the night in a well equipped suite and never had to go to the front desk for anything. This is my idea of what you should get for $80. The staff were very helpful in recommending places to eat and even had free coupons. Fair green space for the dog.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank calvinater1
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Cavinater1,

Thank You so much for taking the time out to write this review on our property. It is always great to receive feedback from our guest. I was happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a petfriendly, affordable and comfortable place to stay. Please let me know the next time you are in town we would love to see you again. Email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. Want to say the staff at the front desk were very nice and friendly and willing to go the extra mile. My room was clean and the bed and pillows were very comfy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear AbbeyRed,

First and foremost Thank You so much for taking the time out to write this review on our property. It is always nice to receive feedback from our guest. I was happy to hear that my staff was able to provide you with that extra mile of customer service and you found cleanliness and comfort in our rooms. Please let me know the next time you are in town we would love to see you again. Email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here on business during the summer of '12 (6 mos.) The facility and the staff were nothing short of excellent.
The location is a little tricky to get in and out of but, can be figured out.
The Hotel is great! Clean, safe and secure rooms.
The staff; from the General Manager to general maintenence were all courteous, friendly and professional.
Would highly reccomend staying here anytime you are in the New Orleans area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Michael I,

Hey Michael! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is always great to hear back from our guest or in this case we can almost say family. It was our pleasure to have you hear with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff. Please let us know the next time you are in the Slidell area. Feel free to email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org. Thank you again Micheal look forward to seeing you again.