“Not brand new anymore, but couldn't tell!”

Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Not brand new anymore, but couldn't tell!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I will always stay at this hotel when I'm in Slidell. I stayed there when they had just opened, and it was just as clean and maintained now as it was then. The staff was so friendly, I think the one girl's name was Alex... They have free laundry machines which I never knew before, they have free fruit which my son loved, and their prices in the gift shop on other items were very reasonable. The only complaint, and it's very minor, was the pool had a bit too much chlorine and was cloudy and green. That may be the normal though, however my son's eyes were bright red the whole weekend. They had a porta crib for the baby as I requested, and it was already in the room with blankets when we checked in. It is one of those metal ones which I wasn't expecting in a new hotel, but it worked out fine. Their DVD selection you can borrow was good, and all the in room ammenities were great. Will never stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have higher ceilings, but seem to be a little more noisy than the upper floor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Kmarrone,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking some time out to fill out this survey of our hotel. We love hearing feedback from our guest. I was happy to hear that your experience this second time around still provided you with clean and friendly atmosphere. I have passed on your kind words to our front agent Alex. I was also pleased to hear that you and your son enjoyed our Candlewood Cupboard. Please also take note that I have looked into your comments regarding the pool and have addressed any needed maintenance issues to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please feel free to contact me personally the next time you and your family our in town. We look forward to seeing you again. Phone: 985-326-0120 or email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org.

Christina Restrepo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wayne City, IL
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very Clean, and accommodating. The rooms are huge and are fully stocked. They have the fluffiest towels ever!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, my husband and I look forward to staying here again in the near future!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chambliss06
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Chambliss06,

I wanted to personally Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel. It is always nice to hear feedback from our guest. I was very pleased to hear that we were able to provide you and your husband a clean and comfortable hotel accomidation. Please feel free to let us know the next time you and your family are in town. We look forward to seeing you again. Feel free to contact me personally at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org for you next stay.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Right across from the mall and an Olive Garden and WalMart. What a nice relief after the dump we stayed at in San Antonio. For $89 (with a dog) I felt we had everything we needed. A quick trip to Walmart for supplies and we spent the night in a well equipped suite and never had to go to the front desk for anything. This is my idea of what you should get for $80. The staff were very helpful in recommending places to eat and even had free coupons. Fair green space for the dog.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank calvinater1
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Cavinater1,

Thank You so much for taking the time out to write this review on our property. It is always great to receive feedback from our guest. I was happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a petfriendly, affordable and comfortable place to stay. Please let me know the next time you are in town we would love to see you again. Email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org

Mims, Florida
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. Want to say the staff at the front desk were very nice and friendly and willing to go the extra mile. My room was clean and the bed and pillows were very comfy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear AbbeyRed,

First and foremost Thank You so much for taking the time out to write this review on our property. It is always nice to receive feedback from our guest. I was happy to hear that my staff was able to provide you with that extra mile of customer service and you found cleanliness and comfort in our rooms. Please let me know the next time you are in town we would love to see you again. Email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org

Charlestown, Indiana
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here on business during the summer of '12 (6 mos.) The facility and the staff were nothing short of excellent.
The location is a little tricky to get in and out of but, can be figured out.
The Hotel is great! Clean, safe and secure rooms.
The staff; from the General Manager to general maintenence were all courteous, friendly and professional.
Would highly reccomend staying here anytime you are in the New Orleans area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Michael I,

Hey Michael! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is always great to hear back from our guest or in this case we can almost say family. It was our pleasure to have you hear with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff. Please let us know the next time you are in the Slidell area. Feel free to email me at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org. Thank you again Micheal look forward to seeing you again.

Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had been on the road for hours and decided to try to get a room at Candlewood Suites because we were traveling with our 2 dogs. The person at the check in, Brittany Garnier, was so helpful and friendly. I highly recommend meeting her. She made us feel welcome and was so helpful. She is a wonderful example of how a hotel's staff should be. THANKS!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Kate A,

I wanted to personally Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel. It is always nice to hear feedback from our guest. I was very pleased to hear that Brittany one of our Front Desk agent was able to provide you and your family a helpful and friendly atmosphere. I will be sure to pass on your comments. Please feel free to let us know the next time you and your family are in town. We look forward to seeing you again. Feel free to contact me personally at cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org for you next stay.

Miami
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My first comment, like many other's who have provided a review, has to be about the staff. Alex, Candace, Meagan, Athena, and Christina are not only great at their jobs but they are incredibly wonderful people. My job requires me to travel quite a lot but when I left Florida to spend the week with my son's, my oldest was turning seven, I had no idea of the warmth and hospitality my son's and I were about to enjoy. From the time we checked-in until the morning we left, the staff did everything possible to make us feel comfortable and welcome. My son's, four and seven, were so taken by the staff that they insisted on watching television in the lobby soley to visit whoever was working at the desk. The only reasons I am not giving the hotel an excellent rating is that we had ants around the kitchen and a leaky dishwasher. That said, I know the next time I am in town my son's and I will be at the Candlewood Suites. Happy Holidays.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin K
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Kevin K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate hearing from our guest. I was happy to hear that the hotel staff was able to provide a warm and comfortable stay for your family. You and your son's were a joy to have at the hotel. I also wanted to apologize for the ant and leak we had in your room. Please note that we have addressed the issues. We look forward to the next time you and your family stay with us. Please feel free to email or call me the next time you will be in town. Thank you again Keven K for your feed back.

cwslidellgm@myhospitality.org