“Great Service and Super Clean”

Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Service and Super Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

Brought my kids down to meet my husband while he was working. The hotel was super clean, the pool was great and the staff was so helpful and friendly. Would stay there again in a heart beat. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Christina R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Skikib,

Thank you for review of our property. We are really quite excited that you had such a nice stay with us! Our front desk associates, managers and the whole team work very hard to make sure that everyone is treated exceptionally here at the Candlewood Suites in Slidell. I hope you can join us again soon!

Christina Restrepo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cary, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

Poor soundproofing between floors and walls. My neighbor's alarm woke me up hours before I needed to get up. The printer in the complementary business center was out of toner and there was not a replacement available. I will not stay here again unless I am guaranteed a room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
rapid city, sd
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel is pretty nice. The rooms all include a full size fridge, microwave, sink, dishwasher, stovetop, and dishes/utensils. It also has a gas BBQ grill available for guest use, and washers and dryers free for guest use. It is about a block from Walmart, so if you want to stock up and eat at the hotel---like we did after a week of restaurant food!--you can do that easily. They have a fitness center, my husband used it and said it was fine. There is a pool, my daughter and her friend used it, they said it had a lot of chlorine. There is no free breakfast. The front desk staff was always very nice, but some of the housekeepers could take a lesson in manners (twice they let the elevator doors shut before we could get on, and walked off without apologizing!). Also, they only clean the rooms weekly, so if you need towels, etc before then, you have to ask for them.

• Stayed May 2011
Dear rpdmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad you were able to take full advantage of our hotel amenities to make your stay more convenient and affordable. Please note that we have taken your comments and discussed them with the staff. Please keep us in mind next time you are in the Slidell area. We look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

This is a new facility which was great...everything new...everything clean! The small kitchen area in the units was convenient with refrigerator/freezer, microwave, cooktop, dishwasher, cookware and dishware in addition to the coffeemaker provided witha normal hotel room. The staff is genuinely interested in making your stay as comfortable and possible. They greet you when you walk through the door each day and wish you a good day when you leave in the mornings. I enjoyed the laundry room with FREE washer/dryer use and it is located adjacent to the fitness room so you can work out while washing your clothes. There is a room within the facility that sells snacks, meds, supplies for your convenience. Additionally, you are within a block or two of grocery store store, several restaurants and a shopping mall. Great location. Can't beat the price for the convenience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Dear Barbaraanddave,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am extremely please that you had such a pleasant visit with us! We take pride in the way our entire team works together to make sure that you are satisfied in every way with your stay! I am so glad you were able to take full advantage of our in suite kitchens to make your stay more convenient. I am also happy to hear that you were also able to use our Candlewood Cupboard and Laundry Facility. We look forward you and your friends and family staying with us next time anyone is in the Slidell area!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

I stayed there with my mother and 5 year old son. The hotel had only been open 3 weeks, so of course everything was nice and new and clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only issue I had was that the indoor pool wasn't heated has of yet, but sometimes it takes a new hotel a little while to get everything going right. I stay in Slidell almost once a month, and from now on I will always stay at the Candlewood!

Room Tip: Have dinner at Italian Pie, it's delicious!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank KMarrone
Dear KCORNIBE,

Thank you for review of our property. We are really quite excited that you had such a nice stay with us! Our front desk associates, managers and the whole team work very hard to make sure that everyone has an enjoyable stay here at the Candlewood Suites in Slidell. I wanted to let you know that the Salt Water Pool is now Heated and ready anytime you are in the area. We look forward to visiting with you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

We checked in on a Thursday and was told that the elevators were broken. We were in a room on the third floor and our daughter was pregnant. The front desk said that they were looking for an electrician to repair the elevators and that it should be fixed shortly. Brand new hotel and the elevators stayed broken our entire stay! I asked the front desk if the manager would at least reduce the room rate or do some sort of accommodation for the inconvenience, and the front desk staff said, "I doubt it, but I will check." When I checked out on Sunday, I was told, simply, "sorry". Now, if I had known that the elevator would be broken for the entire stay, I would have moved to the brand new hotel across the street, Homewood Suites. All the property did to so called "make it up", was have cheap beer and cookies in the lobby so you could get drunk and fall down the stairs I suppose. Beds were also hard, thin sheets over a mattress pad that may not ever get washed and bedspreads that are so passe (ick factor) in the hospitality industry. This left a very bad impression on me and I doubt if I am going to give it another try.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank gmanonative
Kilgore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

My family and I stayed herefor four nights and we absolutely loved this hotel. The front desk personnel are super nice and made sure that we were happy. We got the 1 bedroom suite and it was very spacious and well laid out. Full kitchen, king size bed, big bathroom and living area.It is located next to a Walmart and Sam's and just right across from a mall. We hated to leave.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank AlanAN70
Susan1024, Digital Marketing Manager at Candlewood Suites - Slidell / Northshore, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear aanettles,