“So much to look through!”

Bayou Country General Store
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Slidell
More attraction details
Owner description: Bayou Country is all things Louisiana and other cool stuff! We're making the best Pralines everyday and you'll enjoy browzing our huge selection of unique art, gifts and treasures. Our Cafe is open from 11-5 so come enjoy a great shopping and dining experience! Store hours are Mon-Sat 9-5:30 or so. We are located on the service road of I-10...Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stopped in while visiting the area. I love the hot sauce collections including the Tabasco charcoal chips! The pralines are a bit pricey, however did have to buy a couple to try. They have a good selection of t-shirts, so I had to have one of those too! The cafe was just reopening today and if we'd been closer to lunch time we would have stayed for lunch. Definitely a place to visit as the people are very nice and there's a lot to explore.

1  Thank Connie C
"art"
"browse"
"bayou"

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My pralines were stale, and they were a bit over priced I can't return them I live too far I tried the turtles they were good .

1  Thank Outerbanksfor5
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stopped here on our way out of New Orleans. The store is huge. They have cajun cooking supplies, jams, honey, souvenirs, cds of Louisiana music - just about anything you could want as a souvenir or gift. The workers are very friendly and helpful. We had a great time looking at everything. There is also a café which has delicious food.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Although it's just a "general store", this place has a huge variety of things to look at and buy. We didn't try their pralines, but they were cooking fresh batches as we were perusing. The building itself is pretty cool to see and well decorated. We were greeted with friendly smiles and "hey, y'all"s, which was very nice. At one point, one of the staff noticed me carrying some items and brought me a basket!

If you're coming from out of town, there's a lot to see and buy. This includes food items, treats, shirts, mugs, shot glasses, books, CDs, lights, stuffed animals, voodoo dolls, and other assorted decorations. The variety is large as the shopping area is pretty big. Their shopping bags emulate crawfishing bags, which is a pretty nifty souvenir in itself!

The only downside is that it doesn't warrant much for repeat visits. You can wander the whole place in about a half hour or so, but it's more than just a store. If they had the cafe in the back of the building operational, this could definitely be a 5-rated venue for me.

2  Thank hend6