“Not very impressed.”

The Original Italian Pie Slidell
Ranked #24 of 235 Restaurants in Slidell
Cuisines: Italian
Description: In our birthplace of New Orleans, we were so often named "Best Pizza" in various independent surveys, that locals created a nickname for our Restaurant and began refering to us as 'The PIE'. Proudly serving Authentic Italian Cuisine since 1992, and since 2005 here in Slidell.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The pizza was good, but the lasagna was not all that impressive. My Greek salad was awesome. However, the servers were all teenage girls more concerned with tips than with their performance.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The best pizza I've eaten since I left Chicago! My son and I stopped here to eat after staying in Slidell on our way to New Orleans for the French Quarter Festival and happened to find this place on his phone/Internet. I wish we had a place close to us in Kentucky. I had no clue The Original Italian Pie was a chain, but what difference does it make? We had a large all meat, thin crust pizza and LOVED it!! We haven't stopped telling people about this place since! We LOVED IT! The service was great. The overall place was clean and packed full of people. Thank you OIP....I can't wait to stop again next year! Awesome!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I brought a group of 18 on a tour to this after finding it on the internet; cannot say anything but praise. They provided us with a private room which was especially helpful for the first night of our tour and the food ---- oh my goodness. Absolutely the BEST Italian food we have ever had. Beware: portions are huge-share!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

It has the feel of a small family bistro even though it is in a strip mall. Nicely decorated and all the help was young local girls. Service was quick and friendly. Ordered the meatball calzone was told it was made with the small(10 inch) crust so we figured we shouldn't split it. When we got it it was very large! Good but took half home. Also ordered the Italian Special sandwich it was also great ,soft but crunchy roll good amount of meat on the sandwich nice tomato and lettuce . The aioli sauce was very nice. I also borough half home. We will return!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband, myself, daughter and two grandchildren dined here for lunch. Our server was very friendly and efficient. The food was very good for the price. All of us enjoyed our meals along with great salads and good mozrella sticks.