“Will give it another try”

Palmettos on the Bayou
Ranked #4 of 233 Restaurants in Slidell
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Truly Louisiana, you will find our fresh cuisine, lush foliage and decks overlooking Bayou Bonfouca, an experience that is second to none!
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Really love the location and ambience here. It is a little loud, but that's ok. We got a drink from the very busy bar while we waited for our table. The bartender was really quick and friendly.
The woman Jennifer who seated us was very pleasant! She does her job well!
We started with the fried green tomatoes with shrimp remoulade. While I appreciate that the tomatoes were freshly sliced and battered there they were too thick there for still hard. The shrimp were cold and there were too few shrimp to tomato ratio.
I had the salmon with a smoked tomato sauce, my husband had the ny strip with a peppercorn sauce. Both were very average.
Our waiter was very brisk when serving. It really seemed like he was bothered while serving us.
I feel the food was very average. However it is pretty reasonably priced so that was good.
Both my husband and I loved the wine we ordered by the glass. I would try it again!

There are newer reviews for Palmettos on the Bayou

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Last night, V-Day, we had reservations for 7:45p. We were seated around 8:30p. We walked out at 9:00p after NEVER seeing our waiter. I don't even know what he looks like - NEVER SAW HIM! We won't be back.

1  Thank William G
Reviewed January 2, 2013

On a recent trip to New Orleans we decided to step away from the city and cross the lake to Slidell for dinner. We were not disappointed to have chosen Palmettos on the Bayou. Great atmosphere, service and food! We opted to dine outdoors on the deck and even though it was late November with the outdoor heaters we were comfortable. The crab-stuffed red snapper was prepared perfectly...

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a great place to have a drink with friends. The food here is outstanding as well. Check before dropping by, as they do lots of events and private parties.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Server was pleasant and professional. There was a large party in another area which may explain the wait for meals. Mine was overcooked, but after waiting so long didn't want to send back risking another wait. No one else in our party expressed displeasure on food quality. Desserts pleased everyone. Nice wine list. Would I try again? Definitely. Too many pluses to ignore.

Been to Palmettos on the Bayou? Share your experiences!