“Great Place”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Dry Creek, LA
“Great Place”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Comfort Inn & Suites in Slidell, LA was a wonderful place to stay. I was so surprised at how very nice my room was, all the anemities, and a very courteous staff. It was a delightful stay and I did not want to leave. The best thing was that the price was very reasonable. I highly reccomend Comfort Inns. I'll definitely be staying at one the next trip I make.

Room Tip: Check the location and check for any hidden "incidental charges".
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stay in hotels week end and week out. Amber Moreau at the Comfort Inn in Slidell, La. was very polite and helpful during my stay. It is good to see that employees care about their guest.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Although this Comfort Inn purports to be a highend roadside hotel with such amenities as a TV in the bathroom (why?), I have to give it only an average rating because it was all too easy to hear the next-door TV through the thin walls. It looks very nice from outward appearances BUT when it comes right down to it, a good night's sleep is paramount at your hotel stay. My 3:30am call to reception made no difference. We learned in the morning that the night clerk merely listened at our neighbor's door and, not hearing the offensive noise, took no action. We could hear the TV all too well as our bed was closer to it than the hallway door. The manager did give us 1,000 points on our Choice Hotels account for the inconvenience which was nice but we drove 600 miles that day and needed the sleep more than points.

I do give the breakfast high mark. We loved the eggs, salsa, cheese, fruit, and bacon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We had trouble finding this hotel. I think it's brand new. Our GPS took us to a fenced wooded area. The first thing I noticed about this hotel was how clean it smelled. It was wonderful. The staff was friendly. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was large and sparkling clean. The complimentary breakfast was the usual fare. I would give this hotel 5 stars except for one problem: where is the sound proofing? I'm a light sleeper but I don't think I should have been able to hear toilets flush or showers running or a conversation in the next room at 3:00am. The noise did not bother my husband or our teenage sons. I just turned on the TV to block out the noise. So overall, it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We found this place at the end of a long day of driving. After check-in, we were given a small welcome gift bag - bottle of water, Sun Chips and some mini candy bars - nice touch!
It is new and clean - and friendly. Comfy beds and flat screen TVs (a small one in the bathroom, which was the best for my teenager!)
even though it is next to a busy highway, we didn't hear any road noise. The usual breakfast fare but a few nice additions - yogurt, boiled eggs and add-ins for the waffles.

• Stayed June 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed November 14, 2010

The rooms at this Comfort Inn were really nicely appointed. However, and this is a big however, the walls were SO thin that we could hear every word of conversations and telephone calls. Consequently, when our neighbor received a phone call at 4:18 a.m. everyone in our room woke up and was privvy to very interesting information that should have been private.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Excellent staff service!! loved the atmosphere. will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
IRISMURRAY, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Slidell, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for such an AWESOME review! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience about your recent stay with us. Michelle joins me in thanking you for your business and hope to see you soon!