“over night stay”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Baird, Texas
“over night stay”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were traveling home from our vacation in florda and had some good experiences with sleep inn at an earlier stop so we decided to stay at this hotel on our way home. It was a bit off the interstate but was well worth the 5 minute drive. It was in a quiet location, very clean with a friendly staff. We were given a room right by the pool but as the rules stated everyone was cleared out of the pool area by 10 pm, so there was no noise to disturb us.

The room was very clean, everything was great and even though we didnt need it or use it there was even a printer in the room. My only complaint would be that the choices on the breakfast were limited and they ran out of things quickly and items werent replaced real quickly but everything was of good quality.

I would recommend this hotel for either an overnight or extended stay, it was a good experience on all levels.

Room Tip: Try to not get one right next to the pool, though the rules were followed and the area was cleared o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeffrey C
Terry F, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank You OVERNIGHT STAY for your review in Trip Advisor,
Your compliments were shared with all staff members, and we will utilize your comments to improve our guest experience. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here as we were relocating to the area. We hit a lot of glitches with the move but this hotel was always a relief to come back to every day. It was clean, breakfast was always well stocked, but most importantly the staff, especially the manager, Terry, were always professional and friendly. They treaties us like family. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank seastridge
Terry F, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank You for your comments. We hope to see you again. We're sure you had a wonderful time on your cruise. Safe sailing....
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I haven't stayed at a Sleep Inn in several years, but I think this hotel may be better than the average Sleep Inn when considering the facility itself. It seems to be well maintained and relatively clean.

We stayed on a Saturday night. Check-in was fine. The clerk was friendly and professional. However, I was disappointed when my family came down for breakfast on Sunday morning, about 30 minutes before the buffet was supposed to close. There wasn't much left...really sparse. When I asked the attendant if she was going to restock, she told me they were out of food. She advised me that there was a Waffle House across the street. Of course the hotel wasn't buying breakfast at the Waffle House, not that I would expect them to. However, I do expect them to offer the breakfast options they advertise.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room. It's quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank biznkitty
Reviewed June 13, 2013

While traveling from Tallahassee, FL to San Antonio, TX, my car broke down at about 10 pm, just after leaving the Louisiana Welcome Center/Rest Area on I-10 near Slidell, LA. I had my car towed to a nearby dealership where I left it for repairs the next day. The tow truck driver was kind enough to take me to a nearby Sleep Inn Hotel. It took two days for repairs to be completed on my car. The staff at Sleep Inn was curteous and extremely helpful in helping me with accomodations and particularly with helping me check on my car. I was provided with the use of a cell phone charger over night (mine was left in my car) and I was given a ride to the dealership to pick my charger the next morning. It took two days to complete repairs on my car. During the wait I was able to get much needed rest and when I checked out of Sleep Inn I was completely refreshed. When I checked out, I left two bags at the hotel. General Manager Terry Frazier called me on my cell phone to remind me before I had gone only a few blocks from the hotel. Ms. Frazier's prompt action saved me time and expense. I whole heartedly recommend the Sleep Inn in Slidell, LA.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Esubiyii
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Checked in a little early with no problems. Room was clean, beds very comfortable, and the staff was very helpful. We had minimum requirements but this establishment would meet the the needs of a most demanding guest. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Quick access to NO is a definite plus.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tomtex
DULUTH
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here with friends when passing through on the way to Atlanta. Very good price. The room was clean and had a very nice decor. I loved the colors. Room was small but met our needs. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Good breakfast. The lady who checked us in...Cherie?...was super friendly and helpful. Directed us to a close by restaurant which was excellent and exactly what we were looking for. would definitely stay there again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank acj4220
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed here a few times, this hotel was hit hard by hurricane Katrina a few years ago but they've done a good job of bringing it back up, they're currently in the middle of renovations putting new paint on the walls and upgrading the TVs to newer flat panel models. The upgrades are nice but to me don't go quite as far as I think they should. For some reason they've decided to remove the mini-fridges from the non-king rooms which is annoying and the mattresses could definitely use a refresh, they weren't horrible but they weren't really good either. Average.

The breakfast is provided was hot, though it was lacking eggs the morning I chose to avail myself of it due to a missing shipment. The hotel Wifi was decent but the hotel itself lacks an office space for business travelers, a workout space, and a pool. This hotel really is just a place to lay your head at night.

That said it's well positioned if you want to be close enough to New Orleans to enjoy that city's charms without paying the overly expensive hotel bills you'll pay on the south side of the IH-10 bridge over the Ponchatrain...

Room Tip: They just finshed remodeling the first and second floors of the hotel as of 05/05/2013 so you might...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family