“Cool Nature Tour, go from Apr-Sep to see Gators” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat Tour With Transport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A 20 year old locally owned and operated tour company providing highly rated, comfortable, fun, and educational tours of the swamps, city, cemeteries, and plantations in and around New Orleans. We recruit and train the most knowledgeable tour guides and boat captains in the city, and design our boats and buses to be comfortable and safe, providing an unparalleled experience of the city. Swamp Tours: Take a guided tour of the famous Honey Island Swamp. You'll glide through gator territory and hear all about the swamp and its natural inhabitants from our highly knowledgeable, certified captains. See gators and wildlife up close and personal as you explore narrow slews that only our boats are built to navigate. Plantation Tours: Step back in time and explore two of New Orleans' most famous plantations: Oak Alley, an Antebellum Plantation, and Laura, A Creole Plantation. We'll pick you up from your hotel and take you down the historic Mississippi River Road in the comfort of our air conditioned, air ride buses. City Tours: We'll take you to all the must-see landmarks on your list, including the French Quarter, Garden District, Marigny, and more. Our buses are designed for your supreme comfort with powerful air conditioning, air ride technology, and seamless windows for the best views. If you want to experience New Orleans, Cajun Encounters Tour Company is dedicated to showing you the best the city has to offer.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
scottybo
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cool Nature Tour, go from Apr-Sep to see Gators”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

My tour was in March and we were informed after we had paid that the alligators were just now coming out of hibernation and were NOT active yet. We did get to see one 6 ft. gator about 100 yards away, but I expected to see some come up to the boat, so I was slightly disappointed after paying $40 for girlfriend and myself. But it got better. The tour guide was very knowledgable of the area and we did see many snakes including one of the most venomous snakes in the US: the Cottonmouth, in natural habitats. The boat ride was ok as well and he hit full throttle a few times. Pretty good tour and I'll be back in May to see some gators up close.

1 Thank scottybo

Milwaukee, WI
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Different and interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

I wasn't big on this tour when it was presented to me, but I'm glad I went. The tour was interesting and the tour guide was lots of fun. We saw several gators and saw marshmallows floating all over the place (they use marshmallows to attract the gators). I was able to get some great pictures and videos. It's a little bit of a ride to get there from the city, but the trip is worth it. I strongly suggest this tour for someone that wants to see more than just the city life.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unsure at first, boy was I wrong.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

My Wife wanted to book the tour. I was very skeptical because I just wanted to keep walking the french quarter. Boy was I wrong. For $50 bucks a person, they come and pick you right up at your hotel, drive you out to the bayou (really seeing Nola) and the driver was great with his knowledge and perfectly timed descriptions of what we were seeing. after arrival at the Honey Island Swamp, Nolan (our tour guide for the day) took us out on a little boat and by telling stories and history, there wasn't a moment of boredom. This was quite a visit and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Nolan is the best! Well done!

1 Thank spenwren
Usa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Honey Island Swamp is a Honey of a trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

If you are anywhere close to Slidell, take the time to do this trip! You wont be disappointed. The guides are highly knowledgeable, entertaining and informative. I couldnt begin to tell you how long this trip is because there was never a dull moment where I felt I had to look at a watch. You really learn about the swamp, about the wildlife, the vegetation, the history all at a lesiurely pace. I never once felt that we were being rushed thru as in other attractions. The close proximity to lots of GATORS was fantastic!

Kudos to Dr Wagner and all his staff for putting together a top notch attraction!

1 Thank venetianbl0nd
Columbus KS
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“What a wonderful way to spend a few hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

The kids wanted to take a swamp tour to see an alligator. We got in on a morning tour so it wasnt so hot and also thinking the critters would be out still. We were not disappointed! We saw several alligators and up close too. The tour guide was very knowledgeable but was somewhat uptight. Another lady on the tour asked a question that he had already given us the information on and he was a bit rude about it. We really enjoyed seeing the bayou and learning the difference between that and a swamp. The guide took us on the river and we saw some of the camps and abandoned places due to Katrina. We would have liked to stay in the swamp/ bayou longer since the river was just about like the ones we have back home. We all enjoyed ourselves and the people there were very friendly.

Been to Cajun Encounters? Share your experiences!