“Adequate for one night stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed July 21, 2007

The location was good - right off the interstate. The doors seem thin as you can hear everything in the hall. I know the hotel was booked but it was very loud. A lot of teenagers going up and down the halls late in the evening. The bathtub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while and there was a dirty wash cloth hanging over the shower rod. The bed was comfortable. The room was billed as an extended king but the room was small. Not much room on either side of the king sized bed. I was approached in the lobby by someone who just walked in off the street and was obviously drunk and dirty. He wanted to know where the bar was. I told him there was no bar and he used a lot of profanity to express his displeasure. This hotel was adequate for a one night stay driving through town, but if I was staying longer than one night, I would not choose this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Reggie-d
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport

Reviewed October 12, 2006

My mother and I stayed at this hotel October 2006. Check in was a breeze. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet.
We did not have the breakfast but did check out the dining room and it was clean and if I got up early enough it would have been a place I would enjoy breakfast. Cracker Barrell is walking distance. Also walmart is close by.
The desk clerks were very sweet.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travelrn2007
Reviewed June 10, 2006

We spent Memorial Day weekend at this hotel. The location is great. It is just off the interstate and it is close to Wal-Mart and a few fast food places (Wendy's, Cracker Barrel). The room was decent (we were on the 2nd floor) but we hated the fact that we can hear other guests walking up and down in the room above us and also the hallway.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank PickyHotelGuest
Reviewed January 30, 2006

Just passing through for one night in Shreveport, and this was the first hotel off the Interstate. I like hotels where there are interior entrances for safety reasons. Rate was comparable, but higher than necessary in my opinion. Room was clean, roomy, with good hard beds, microwave and fridge. However, several items were missing: the carafe for the coffee pot, bathtub towel, any amenities such as shampoo, save one bar of soap on the sink, and the air conditioner didn't seem to work. Had to use the fan all night, which was good since the noise from the interstate and stores outside was louder than expected. I checked with management about the coffee pot, and the manager brought one quickly to my room. The other missing items were minor, but I would've said something about the a/c if I'd discovered it before we were going to bed. Teenage son was very pleased with the TV channel selections, well over 60 including HBO and several ESPNs. Complimentary breakfast was excellent, and included cereal, waffles, many kinds of muffins/pastry, etc. Staff was very friendly and helpful when asked. Didn't use the high speed internet, but it was available. I would recommend staying in this hotel despite the few minor inconveniences. It was clean, spacious, with great amenities such as fridge, microwave, and internet, but the noise from the outside not welcome.

Stayed: January 2006
6  Thank BRMom3
Reviewed October 11, 2005

We were pleasantly surprised during this value-priced stay. Our room was neat and clean and our internet reservation request for room near lobby was granted at check-in without a reminder. Complementary breakfast was above average in comparison with similar deals. All employees encountered were friendly. The motel seemed well-maintained and well-managed. It's a good location - Cracker Barrel, Walmart, various fast food and gas stations nearby. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2005