“Easy Freeway Access” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Cathedral City, California
“Easy Freeway Access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The decor of the hotel was very nice and modern. The staff was extremely attentive and went out of their way to greet customers and assist when needed, especially the housekeeping staff. The hotel provided a hot breakfast with various items such as eggs, sausage, oatmeal and mixed fruit. A waffle and pancake maker were also provided. The hotel was right off the freeway, providing easy access to the interstate.

The only cons were, the desk person provided us with two access cards, one would not open the door. When I took the key back to the front desk, the desk person provided me with another access card that would not open the door. She said this happened on a few other occasions. The major issue that was a concern for me was the hotel did not have electronic doors at the front entrance or a handicap access button to open the doors. I was traveling with my mother who was in a well chair and had an extremely difficult time opening the doors to enter the hotel. Additionally, I experienced the same issue when entering the building with the luggage cart.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

#1 very stingy with towels
#2 i stayed 1 week, and charged $21 a day for incidentals. jan30- feb 6th then again feb 12-14. I still have not received any of that back yet! My credit card company says its all on the fairfield inn to send them my checkout reports.
The fairfield inn told me a week ago that they were faxing them over but never did. today is March 19 and still pending on my statement.
#3 breakfast is terrible!
Other than that i like the place even tho u have to beg for towels

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Nothing fancy but was surprised and disappointed by the super loud exhaust fan in the bathroom and the bathroom floor tiles were all busted up. When taking the hair dryer from the wall, the entire mounting system came off. Thankfully we weren't on an extended stay. The from desk clerk was very friendly however.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Convenient to the Interstate with easy access (if you hate interstate driving). They offered reasonably priced rooms, that were clean. The property was well maintained and well-lit. Two restaurants within walking distance, one being a Cracker Barrel which will come in handy for breakfast (hotel serves continental breakfast). A handful of fastfood places within driving distance and a WalMart is located directly behind the hotel. The beds weren't the most comfortable (bad back) but for an overnight stay, they're great. Staff was very friendly, helpful and available. The property is 10-12 miles from mall, casinos and other restaurants (Bossier City) and if noise or traffic are an issue then this is the right place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family and I spent one night at the Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport on the way to Alexandria from Dallas. We got a late start on the drive and decided to stay in route rather than arrive very late. The stop was a good decision and this hotel was perfect for our purposes. It was just off I-20 and allowed us to enjoy a quiet night and a good breakfast the next morning before hitting I-49 to head south for the remainder of the drive. It broke the trip up very well and I found this hotel comfortable, clean and convenient. We will stay here again if similar circumstances arise again.

Room Tip: Cracker Barrel restaurant is adjacent to this hotel in case you need a meal other than breakfast. A...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lon B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This our "go to" stop on our way to Dallas. It is so convenient from 1-20, and the property is so lovely. Our stay in October was a "rewards" night from our accumulation of Marriot points. We were warmly greeted, and when we asked for an upgrade, we got one! The couch in the room allowed us to sit to read and watch TV rather than lying in bed. The breakfast was nice. Try it!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade; you may get one!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I was very happy with this Fairfield Inn. The hotel was easy to get to off I-20. I was greeted by a very nice desk clerk late at night. Checked in, and found a clean room with a comfortable bed. Nice hotel, with a friendly and helpful staff. As I told the girl when I checked out, the only thing I could possibly complain about was the slightly thin bath towels. They were okay, but big fluffy towels would have been nicer. I will definitely make this hotel my go to place to stay while my son is in college in Shreveport.

• Stayed October 2012