“Great Location; Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport

Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Dallas, Texas
“Great Location; Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This our "go to" stop on our way to Dallas. It is so convenient from 1-20, and the property is so lovely. Our stay in October was a "rewards" night from our accumulation of Marriot points. We were warmly greeted, and when we asked for an upgrade, we got one! The couch in the room allowed us to sit to read and watch TV rather than lying in bed. The breakfast was nice. Try it!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade; you may get one!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I was very happy with this Fairfield Inn. The hotel was easy to get to off I-20. I was greeted by a very nice desk clerk late at night. Checked in, and found a clean room with a comfortable bed. Nice hotel, with a friendly and helpful staff. As I told the girl when I checked out, the only thing I could possibly complain about was the slightly thin bath towels. They were okay, but big fluffy towels would have been nicer. I will definitely make this hotel my go to place to stay while my son is in college in Shreveport.

• Stayed October 2012
Duke, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had read other reviews and was not sure if all would be ok. Pleasantly suprised by everything. My husband is from Shreveport and said the location was an ok one. Room was clean, beds very comfortable. His was softer and lower than mine. No microwave but it was ok. Small refrigerator, but again ok. If we were in the room more, I would have liked a bigger frig. and a microwave. Receptionist very pleasant. Housekeeping staff very nice when asked for more towels. Breakfast was the best I have ever had while traveling, even better than the fancy hotels in Washington D.C. that cost several hundred a night. Only negative was the roof was being replaced. But work has to be done to maintain the place. We have stayed other places in Shreveport over the years but will stay here from now on. Good price too with AARP discount.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We checked in about 11:00pm and the front desk clerk was so polite. Everything went smoothly. The room was very clean and fresh. Enjoyed and will stay there again. Breakfast was wonderful. Will stay again!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year and it was nice and convienently located next to a WalMart. This year the hotel was still nice, however the area seemed to decline some. We had to park on the backside of the hotel each day with the WalMart in view. The WalMart was deplorable with trash all in the parking lot and patrons who looked like they will cut you if you cross them. I am not overly sensitive to bad neighborhoods because I am from LA. Anyway, there were no problems with my stay at the hotel. My sister, unfortunately found a lizard in their bathroom.

Probably will not stay here next time I am in Bossier.

Room Tip: This hotel has some adjoining rooms. Good for families that travel together.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Traveling home we stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Shreveport, I was highly disappointed. The carpet was dirty and the room smelled of mildew. The shower needed maintenance and the bed was not comfortable. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We drove over to Shreveport to go to Splash Kingdom. Due to bad weather in the area after a few hours the waterpark was closed and we were issued rain checks. Within minutes of leaving the waterpark heavy rain started and I didn't want to drive home in it. We decided to stay in town and try to return to the waterpark the next day. This was the next exit down from the waterpark so it was convenient. Although not booked under the best of circumstances, It was such a nice experience we stayed an extra night. I was traveling solo with 4 children, ages 6-16, and we all had a nice time. Although the room wasn't a suite it was spacious enough to accomodate all of us and the boys are 6, 7 and 14 so if you've traveled with boys you can appreciate how even the largest room can begin to feel extremely small especially during a thunderstorm. the room and hotel were very clean, no odd smells. Either our neighbors were as quiet as church mice or the rooms are well insulated, either way we had no noise issues.

There was something in the breakfast offerings to suit everyonei including my picky eater and the choices varied from one day to the next which was also nice. The boys enjoyed the outside pool and the location was superb. We ate at the Cracker Barrel next door then decided to walk to the Walmart which is located right behind the hotel. There is also a Mexican restaurant within easy walking distance although we didn't go there. I felt this was a safe location and I would definitely stay here again. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very nice. The breakfast lady the first day wasn't particularly helpful and not prompt about restocking items as they were depleted (Tuesday's breakfast crowd was more people than Wednesday's) but there was a different lady there the next day who was slightly more helpful (I mention this because the lady at the Russellville, Arkansas Fairfield Inn was especially attentitive even with a large Memorial Day weekend crowd so amazingly attentive you would have thought she was working for tips so the contrasts in the breakfast crew was very noticeable having received such excellent service before) but these ladies just didn't seem to to care and that is my only criticism.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family