“Wonderful!!!”

Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We checked in about 11:00pm and the front desk clerk was so polite. Everything went smoothly. The room was very clean and fresh. Enjoyed and will stay there again. Breakfast was wonderful. Will stay again!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year and it was nice and convienently located next to a WalMart. This year the hotel was still nice, however the area seemed to decline some. We had to park on the backside of the hotel each day with the WalMart in view. The WalMart was deplorable with trash all in the parking lot and patrons who looked like they will cut you if you cross them. I am not overly sensitive to bad neighborhoods because I am from LA. Anyway, there were no problems with my stay at the hotel. My sister, unfortunately found a lizard in their bathroom.

Probably will not stay here next time I am in Bossier.

Room Tip: This hotel has some adjoining rooms. Good for families that travel together.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Traveling home we stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Shreveport, I was highly disappointed. The carpet was dirty and the room smelled of mildew. The shower needed maintenance and the bed was not comfortable. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We drove over to Shreveport to go to Splash Kingdom. Due to bad weather in the area after a few hours the waterpark was closed and we were issued rain checks. Within minutes of leaving the waterpark heavy rain started and I didn't want to drive home in it. We decided to stay in town and try to return to the waterpark the next day. This was the next exit down from the waterpark so it was convenient. Although not booked under the best of circumstances, It was such a nice experience we stayed an extra night. I was traveling solo with 4 children, ages 6-16, and we all had a nice time. Although the room wasn't a suite it was spacious enough to accomodate all of us and the boys are 6, 7 and 14 so if you've traveled with boys you can appreciate how even the largest room can begin to feel extremely small especially during a thunderstorm. the room and hotel were very clean, no odd smells. Either our neighbors were as quiet as church mice or the rooms are well insulated, either way we had no noise issues.

There was something in the breakfast offerings to suit everyonei including my picky eater and the choices varied from one day to the next which was also nice. The boys enjoyed the outside pool and the location was superb. We ate at the Cracker Barrel next door then decided to walk to the Walmart which is located right behind the hotel. There is also a Mexican restaurant within easy walking distance although we didn't go there. I felt this was a safe location and I would definitely stay here again. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very nice. The breakfast lady the first day wasn't particularly helpful and not prompt about restocking items as they were depleted (Tuesday's breakfast crowd was more people than Wednesday's) but there was a different lady there the next day who was slightly more helpful (I mention this because the lady at the Russellville, Arkansas Fairfield Inn was especially attentitive even with a large Memorial Day weekend crowd so amazingly attentive you would have thought she was working for tips so the contrasts in the breakfast crew was very noticeable having received such excellent service before) but these ladies just didn't seem to to care and that is my only criticism.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cnh624
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a little better than average Fairfield. Nice, clean, one of the larger Fairfields. It is a little west of Shreveport, so if one is going to the casinos I would not recommend this location. However, if one is travelling from Dallas, as I am, it is right off of I-20 and a very good location. Service was good at the front desk, but housekeeping knocked on my door too many times in the morning. What's the hurry to get me out of my room?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a nice, clean hotel. It is definitely not a luxury hotel and there are things that need to be updated (such as the front lobby and elevator area) but the rooms seem to be updated. I have to say, the beds were very comfortable. I would have had a great night sleep were it not for some kind of party going on outside. People hooted and hollered until the wee hours of the morning. I guess I should have called the front desk but I didn't know if it would do any good.

The breakfast selection was good and it was an enjoyable experience. The breakfast area is fairly small so I was a little concerned since the hotel was full (in fact, we got the last room available around 10 pm!) but apparently the partiers slept late and we practically had it all to ourselves. Hot oatmeal that was already prepared and you could just add whatever you wanted to it. I haven't seen that in a hotel before and I really liked it.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This hotel was as I have come to expect from a Fairfield Inn. I bounce back and forth between Fairfields and Courtyards and this property was exactly as expected. I checked in about 10pm on a stormy night, and the gal at the front desk could not have been nicer. She was talking to an older gentleman and although she could have easily ended the conversation by taking care of me, she patiently let him finish his story as she started on my check-in. I was impressed the way she handled him. The room was fine, and I liked the breakfast bar because they had actual oatmill rather than the packets you make yourself.

The location is right next to a Walmart and other shopping and food, which is also convenient. For a quick on and off of the interstate, this hotel works nicely.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business