“Horrible Night Staff”

Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Horrible Night Staff”
Reviewed March 2, 2009

The night staff for check in was horrible. No "how are you doing?, or friendly verbage during myI checked in. I had my wife and 6 year old, went to the outside door and the key would not open the door. Went inside, opened the door, took them upstairs and the key would not open the room door! Did I mention it was 29 degrees outside. I went downstairs to get a key that would work and Harry stated he needed to see my ID. I just checked in 5 minutes ago! I could not believe that he first gave me keys that did not work, then checked my ID against the computer to verify I am the same person he just gave the keys to. Again, no polite comments or apology for not doing the keys correctly the first time. This is unacceptable and I will not stay here again and will recommend to friends to avoid this place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
nashville tn
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Nothing was right about our stay from the time that we got there. Customer service was non-existent. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Shreveport hotels

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 28, 2008

This place has a lot going for it.

Nice lobby area with indoor/outdoor pool, sport bar area, restaurant, nice rooms with updated bathrooms, and microwave and fridge in the room. For me, and my family, the lack of real customer service really ruined it for us.

To explain, my daughter, who is 8, has an allergy to gluten (meaning she can't eat anything with wheat -- i.e., breads, pastas, cakes, cookies, breaded products, etc). When we approached the restaurant about about substituting the chicken noodle soup from the kids menu (which my daughter couldn't eat) with chili (which my daughter could eat), we were told "no". Our efforts to explain the medical plight my daughter faces made no difference. We talked to 3 different people there, hoping that someone would have some compassion for my daughter. There was none to be found. For the cost of a tiny cup of chili, they could have made us happy. That, apparenty, was too much to ask.

They also have a cool offering called a pillow menu. When you arrive in the room, you get a menu of custom pillows to suit your likes. I'm not a pillow snob, but like a good pillow. Shortly after being snubbed by the restaurant, we went to get our custom pillows. We were told that they didn't really have those any more because everyone steals their pillows. They only had one type of pillow left. Are pillows really a big deal? Certainly not. But when they present that as a way to set themselves apart, they should be prepared to follow through on their offers, instead of offering an apology for their failure to do so.

We got back to our room a little bitter about the total lack of customer service they displayed. Shortly after getting back to the room, we had to kill a roach. Not good.

Again, as you will see from other reviews, this place does have a lot going for it, but often it's the little things that make the difference. And on this, they failed.

• Liked — Nice facilities; updated bathrooms; microwave & fridge in rooms
  • Disliked — Customer service, or the lack thereof
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Deridder, louisiana
Reviewed November 5, 2008

We stayed here the weekend of Oct. 31 to Nov. 2 for the state fair and it was wonderful. The staff was very nice . The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Easy to find and with plenty of parking. Withend just a few miles of shopping and dining places. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the Shreveport area again. My husband and I enjoyed the wonderful large hot tub while our three children enjoyed the large heated pool. Thanks holiday inn for a great weekend get away!!!

• Liked — large spacious suites
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
harker heights, tx
Reviewed July 4, 2008

This was absolutely a greta place to stay.

The front desk staff was very efficient and friendly, explained everything about the hotel right away (where the elevator and staris where, what time the bar is open and happy hour, restaraunt hours, etc...), so you feel well-informed before you ever get to your room.

The room was not overly spacious, but you never felt cramped either, especially with the oversized bathroom area.

There wasn't anything fancy, but all the things you'd expect from a hotel done right. Even though I was there the same weekend as a major church convention, there was plenty of parking and the place was not very crowded or loud.

My only problem with the hotel is that it is a few miles from the city center, but that's no big deal, especially since I know my way around the area well,. But that's just a warning for travlelers who may be wanting to be close to the casinos or downtown.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo