“Great Staff is not the Problem.”

Ramada Shreveport Airport
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Dear Holiday Inn,
Your Shreveport staff is excellent!
However:
Please clean your pool. I found candy wrappers, hair wads and floating slimy stuff all around me and it is such a lovely pool. I really want to go for a swim.
More importantly, please do something about the smell in the rooms and in the halls.
My first room smelled like ammonia and old cheese.
My second room is a little better as long as the air is off.
Since I can't open a window, I am not a happy camper.
The moisture in both rooms is excessive and I think mold is the source of the smell.
It seems like swamp cooler air which would be a huge mistake in a place like Shreveport.
If these issues are addressed, I might consider your hotel next trip.
Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I sincerely apologize for the pool and the hallway smell. I have addressed your concerns with each manager including the pool condition to ensure the issues are addressed so other guests do not experience the same issues. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

There are newer reviews for Ramada Shreveport Airport

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I went to Shreveport to p;ossibly buy a 56 Chevrolet, Nomad. I did. I had to print insurance cards for the trip to AZ. the lady at the front desk came & helped me, & ensured I got what I needed.

The breakfast was good 7 the staff friendly.

Room Tip: Away from Freeway
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I am glad our associate was able to help you get your insurance card printed for your new 1956 Chevrolet Nomad. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Shreveport area!!!!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Airport. Great food in the restaurant, Internet service was fast, and the room was comfortable. Didn't use the pool; however, it looked very appealing. Overall, this is a very nice full service Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your food and the fast internet service during your visit. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

no noise to bother me other than the chlorine smell from the pool in the lobby it was nice, helpful front desk staff beds and linens were soft and clean ,lobby was inviting.and I got to take a long bath uninterrupted

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We aim to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I apologize for the chlorine smell from the pool area however I am glad the rest of your stay was uninterrupted. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Room was nice and clean. I appreciated the microwave and nice sized refrigerator. Plenty of convenient parking. Indoor / outdoor pool was nice too. Good location. Convenient to the airport, and had many choices for eating and miscellaneous stores. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. Thank you for all of your nice comments regarding the room, pool, room amentities, & the parking lot. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Shreveport!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Goods things first, we had a king with a sofa bed and had a larger than normal room that included a wet bar. Rooms looked nice and loved that they had a microwave and nice sized refrigerator. Plenty of convenient parking, and staff were all very friendly from the front desk, housekeeping, food service, etc. Indoor / outdoor pool was nice too. Thinks that I didn't like were that the beds weren't comfortable, elevators were in bad shape and were slow, and stairwell had a horrible smell of a urinal.Overall I rate this hotel as just OK, not good, but not bad.

Room Tip: Ask about availability of a larger room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I have discussed your concerns with the respective managers to ensure the issues are resolved. I will pass along your comments regarding the friendliness of the hotel associates. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was in a great location on my way to new Orleans, easy to find near great eating places.
Staff was very Friendly, the overall building could use a make over , but the room was very clean and fresh feeling. Security door to the back tower was not working , anyone could walk right in with out a Key. So made sure I kept all locks secured at all times.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I have addressed your concern with engineering. Thank you for your comments regarding the staff as I will pass along your kind words. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again as you travel through the Shreveport area!