“It went from bad to worse!”

Ramada Shreveport Airport
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The weekend started off with our credit card being stolen while enroute to the hotel, not the hotels fault of course, but we used this card to book the advanced.purchase rate. While driving we cancelled the card and called the hotel to let them know we would be using a different card and told them the circumstances and informed them we would.now be a late arrival. We finally arrive, the hotel is easy enough to access and close to restaurants, etc. After standing at the front desk for about 10 minutes trying to get an employees attention back behind the wall, out stumbles their night clerk. We proceed to check in. we booked one room, two beds for two nights, after being given an incredibly rude lecture about my card being declined, (same one I already called him about) and using another card to pay we are finally handed keys and given a room number. We get to the room and its a single king bed. This won't work. After calling down to the front desk, and being told there were no other rooms available, I sent my husband down to deal with the clerk. On the phone with the night clerk I was told verbatim, " a reservation is a request only and not a guarantee!". I was floored by this idiot. We are then told we could have a room with a sofa bed. I declined, I booked and have now given you a credit card for a specific room, I expect that room. 45 minutes later at 130 in the morning, miraculously a room appears suddenly.
This was only the beginning. The halls were dirty, trash and soiled linens in the hall. A sight expected while housekeeping is working, but not in the overnight hours. At first we thought it might have just been a single guest, but during our 45 minute scavenger hunt for a room, we noticed them in every hallway.

Get to the room, bedspread was dirty. Ugh, seriously! We gave up and used our own blankets that night.

Housekeeping NEVER took the trash out while we were there! The room was large but HOT! Even at the coolest setting it never got below 75 or so.

Finally, check out day had arrived! I' never been so greatful to leave a hotel!
_Sadly even leaving was an issue, we checked our rapid check out summary only to find out we weren't charged the rate we booked, but a new rate of $43 more per night! I was LIVID! The clerk had changed our rate and NEVER mentioned this! We certainly would not have stayed here if we would have known this.

Dishonest staff members, dirty hotel, nasty nasty place. I wouldnt stay here again if I was paid too! I'm a loyal holiday inn guest and have been for 28 years and this was certainly subpar by far! The only thing this hotel has going for it was the manager this morning that dealt with our situation.above and beyond what she had to, which was appreciated and the super sweet and attentive waitress during brunch named Martha. She was the only good thing I have to say about his hotel.

Multiple photos of trash, dirtied hallways, and broken fixtures are attached to my review. I really wanted to like this place as we go to Shreveport often, but will NEVER again stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear J D,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, LA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was greeted with the warmest of welcomes. The front staff was very friendly, I was checked in fairly quickly & they reassured me that if I had any issues to let them know. Once I got to my room it was very clean & smelled clean as well. The beds were neatly made, bathroom was clean, & the overall hotel staff accommodated me with all of my needs. I will be returning to stay again!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor concerning your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. It is our mission to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests and it is very uplifting when we accomplish that and our customers recognize us for doing just that. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us along with everyone else who might find this review helpful when choosing their accommodations in Shreveport, Louisiana. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was impressed when we walked in, the lobby area was different than other hotels we've stayed at. However, the impressed feeling quickly subsided once we arrived at our room, room 125 on 6/15. We were not told that our room was wheelchair accessible, meaning that there was NO bathtub (which is not good when you are traveling with young children). The hotel is old, the room smelled, even the water smelled, the air conditioner was loud, thermostat was from the 70's. Worst of it all, I was awaken at 5 am to the shower on...or so I thought. Walked into the bathroom to turn the shower off to see that it was in fact water coming from the ceiling...at a steadily fast rate.Called front desk, nothing. Sheets were just that, fitted sheet on the bottom and 2 top sheets for the comforter with small pillows. Sofa bed was unbearable to sleep on. Walls are thin, was awaken many times from the opening and closing of other room doors. The only positive comments-hotel staff, they were very friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with us. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay and that we had you in a room that was not accommodating for your family. I would love the chance to make it right next time you are in town. Please feel free to contact me if you ever visit the area again, and I will personally see to it that you are taken care of with the highest level of service that you have come to expect from Holiday Inn hotels. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Room was good - nice bedding and pillows - good size room - bathroom in great shape - hall way on second floor was dirty. Check in was smooth and guy working counter seemed nice. Wi=FI and airport shuttle

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. I am glad you enjoyed our guestroom amenities and friendly staff. We look forward to having you back soon and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Got the room fairly cheap on Priceline so we weren't expecting that much. The hotel was in a pretty good location right off the interstate but it was down in a little gully with some very nice big trees. Hotel was older but not bad.
Biggest complaint was the room wasn't cleaned that great. Found two pubes in the bathtub. And in the corner of bathroom was more hair. Looked like someone just halfway cleaned it.

Pros:
Cheap
Good beds
Good size bathroom for the price
Good TV with quality assortment of channels
Quiet (I think we may have been the only guests on our floor)

Cons:
Took forever to check in and check out
Not cleaned very well
Hallway smelt of mold or something
Thermostat was very old and odd

If it had been cleaned properly I would have given it a lot better recommendation but that is one thing I can't stand.

Room Tip: Probably should request to get rooms away from the indoor pool. That could be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed enjoyed the location of our hotel. I will definately bring your concerns regarding the cleanliness of the guest bathroom to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper, who will address it with the staff. We hope you will give us another try if you return to the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The management and staff of this hotel made our weekend stay WONDERFUL! After staying in the area the same time last year at a different Holdiay Inn, we had decided not to utilize this hotel chain ever again. After hearing about my concerns, the front desk supervisor, Amanda Ross reached out to me and asked me to give Holdiay Inn another chance. We are so glad we did. The entire staff went above and beyond for us. Our rooms were nice and spacious, the restaurant staff was great as well as the food, even the hospitality staff was excellent. The staff was short handed during our stay, so the hospitality supervisor stepped in and cleaned our rooms. She did an excellent job! I wish there was some way that we could tangibly say thanks to the staff and management of this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn West! Thank You!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind remarks about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. I am very happy to hear that our staff and services exceeded your expectations this time around. We will definitely pass your compliments on to our staff and all management and to the front desk supervisor. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I were in for the weekend for a wedding. The location (next to the airport) was perfect. The staff at the desk were friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. We had the chance to use room service for a late night snack and the food was wonderful!
We did not get to eat at the restaurant but the bar in the lobby was a great place to have a drink and snack.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. We are always very happy when a guest comments about the wonderful service they have received. It is also very uplifting for the entire staff to hear when we have exceeded our guest’s expectations. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!