“GREAT STAY”

Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Decatur, Alabama
“GREAT STAY”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I were in for the weekend for a wedding. The location (next to the airport) was perfect. The staff at the desk were friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. We had the chance to use room service for a late night snack and the food was wonderful!
We did not get to eat at the restaurant but the bar in the lobby was a great place to have a drink and snack.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. We are always very happy when a guest comments about the wonderful service they have received. It is also very uplifting for the entire staff to hear when we have exceeded our guest’s expectations. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Davis, CA
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband had to do a seminar here and it was horrible. We had no choice as the seminar set up the hotel. There were over 50 participants in the meeting room and the air conditioning was extremely noisy and smelled. The sleeping rooms were subpar and smelled moldy. This hotel is very old and needs a complete remodel. The food was terrible. Don't stay at this hotel if you can help it. I do not think someone should have to stay in a hotel that you are worried that you come home sick from the moldy smell and bad air conditioners.

Room Tip: Do not stay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your remarks regarding your stay with Holiday Inn Shreveport West. I am certainly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I have reviewed your concerns with both the maintenance department and housekeeping. We only wish we were given the opportunity to address these issues earlier so that we could have moved you to more suitable accommodations. We hope that you will consider Holiday Inn Shreveport West for any future trips.

Travelers are raving about these Shreveport hotels

Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I don't get the negative reviews. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the front desk staff are friendly and helpful and the restaurant serves great dishes...you must try their Gumbo. There are many, many places to lodge in Shreveport, but I only stay here...price is acceptable, location is perfect for my needs. I have never had a problem with this hotel and will continue to stay there if I'm ever afforded another trip to the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind remarks you recently posted on TripAdvisor regarding your stays at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your comments not only with our team but the thousands of customers who use this trusted site to make their lodging decisions. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Shreveport.
San Luis Obispo CA
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading reviews I was worried about staying here, but we were part of a large group and did not have a choice on where to stay. Our stay was definitely better than previous reviewers reported. However, we did encounter the lack of air conditioning. When we called the front desk, they immediately sent an incredibly friendly maintenance person, who got cold air running in just a few minutes. According to him, the hotel's heating/ac system is old and will not switch between the two on its own. Therefore, if the previous guest wanted heat, it is stuck on heat until someone goes into the ceiling and switches it! My only other concern was cleanliness. Although the room looked clean, I found hairs and lids from shampoo/conditioner in the shower. Had the shower been cleaned after the last guest left?? Did not appear so!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of myself, and the entire staff we would like to thank for the kind remarks you recently posted on TripAdvisor detailing your experiences at our hotel during your recent stay. It is our intent to make you feel at home and to not just meet your expectations, but to exceed them. The issue of the cleanliness of the shower has been addressed by our Executive Housekeeper. We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Forsyth, Georgia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

General Manager Jud I spoke to you already and you know my concerns. I just want to warn future guests about your PARTY atmosphere. Friday and Saturday the noise level of the music allowed in the rented banquet hall spaces was absolutely unacceptable, especially for a Southern Holiday Inn Franchise hotel. I am glad to say that I am not from Louisiana, because our hotels, especially our Holiday Inns do not allow such parties to interfere with the comfort of their over night guests. There was absolutely NO Southern Hospitality rendered in your establishment, and what a shame to consider it so.
The front desk LADIES were very helpful and friendly and attempted to help ease the situations, but the actions of the rude late night desk man were absolutely unacceptable. I have never, in all my years of traveling, been treated so rudely.
The hotel was clean, and my bed was fairly comfortable. However, the Hot Tub that my husband and I looked forward to enjoying was not working. The facility seems to be older and as expected with an older building there were signs of wear, but not at all offensive.
I truly hope that you can properly train your staff to exhibit the demeanor expected of Holiday Inn Franchise Hotels, it truly was a shame to know that I could have such a bad experience in my favorite Hotel Chain.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the Lobby, there will be an unbearable amount of music playing late into the night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We realize you have many choices to choose from for your lodging needs, and we truly appreciate your business. I am certainly sorry we failed to meet your expectations in all areas of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the wedding receptions that were disruptive to you and your family while you were enjoying the hotel. I will pass on your positive comments regarding our front desk ladies and will discuss the unacceptable actions you encountered with the appropriate team members. I am sorry to say that the whirlpool was not operating during your stay, as we have had to replace the heating unit. Again, please accept my sincere apologies that every aspect of your stay was not enjoyable and I do hope you will give us another try if you ever visit the Shreveport area again.
Lauderdale, Mississippi
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Coming back from a trip with the family, decided to spend the night here because of how tired we were. The motorcycle convention in the front should have clued me in.

The good things: Staff was friendly enough. Liked the interior of lobby/public areas because it was something other than the standard cookie-cutter, modern hotels. Pool was heated and was hit with kids due to indoor/outdoor design.

The hmmm...: Beds were small for a Holiday Inn. Full-size beds at these rates? Really? Mostly in good shape and clean, saw some sign of wear. Hot tub was not working.

The BAD: When first arrived, there was some kind of party going and several bikers in parking lot fooling around. One nearly struck my youngest as she was getting out of truck. Luckily it died down before midnight. (I cannot hold bad behavior of guests toward hotels too much, but it will leave a bad first impression!) After checking in, was told door locks were not working and had to have security open our door. (Epic Fail notice.) The towels in bathroom were till damp (I wonder if they were washed and not dried fully or if they were just folded up after last user?) A/C was not working well. Fan was blowing but not cold. Room thermostat was like those fake twisty things you'd see in a plastic child's playhouse. Could not sleep well at all due to temp. Room had a balcony (A pretend one maybe?) but unable to use it due to a security lock on it. Maybe to keep guest from leaping off it after they realized they paid to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thunderguppy
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank your for submitting your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. We are happy that you liked the friendliness of our staff and interior/lobby, pubic areas and pool. However, we would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced. The noted issues will be looked into. Your feedback is very important to us as it assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 12, 2013

After bidding on Price line and getting this hotel while on a road trip between Dallas, Houston and the Gulf Coast and back we were a little frightened by many of the reviews. After getting to the hotel our fears slowly started to dissipate as we were met by a very pleasant and helpful front desk team.

We went up to our room and again were pleasantly surprised with the quality and appearance of the room. Newer TV, clean sheets, floor, bathroom. No smells.

Quality of the WIFI, important for us as we work from the road, was good.

Breakfast at the restaurant was standard Holiday Inn menu. Tasty "Full Breakfast" scrambled eggs with sausage.

It is an older property, yes. The hotel management in its replies admit to that. But they are doing the best they can with what they have and make every attempt to make your stay a pleasant one.

Don't be afraid of this hotel; clean and acceptable accommodations.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor and get the feeling this might be one of the better floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking to the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. Your kind remarks are much appreciated by both myself and our associates. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport, Louisiana area.