“I should have stayed in the car...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Shreveport Airport

Ramada Shreveport Airport
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Lauderdale, Mississippi
“I should have stayed in the car...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Coming back from a trip with the family, decided to spend the night here because of how tired we were. The motorcycle convention in the front should have clued me in.

The good things: Staff was friendly enough. Liked the interior of lobby/public areas because it was something other than the standard cookie-cutter, modern hotels. Pool was heated and was hit with kids due to indoor/outdoor design.

The hmmm...: Beds were small for a Holiday Inn. Full-size beds at these rates? Really? Mostly in good shape and clean, saw some sign of wear. Hot tub was not working.

The BAD: When first arrived, there was some kind of party going and several bikers in parking lot fooling around. One nearly struck my youngest as she was getting out of truck. Luckily it died down before midnight. (I cannot hold bad behavior of guests toward hotels too much, but it will leave a bad first impression!) After checking in, was told door locks were not working and had to have security open our door. (Epic Fail notice.) The towels in bathroom were till damp (I wonder if they were washed and not dried fully or if they were just folded up after last user?) A/C was not working well. Fan was blowing but not cold. Room thermostat was like those fake twisty things you'd see in a plastic child's playhouse. Could not sleep well at all due to temp. Room had a balcony (A pretend one maybe?) but unable to use it due to a security lock on it. Maybe to keep guest from leaping off it after they realized they paid to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank your for submitting your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. We are happy that you liked the friendliness of our staff and interior/lobby, pubic areas and pool. However, we would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced. The noted issues will be looked into. Your feedback is very important to us as it assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

After bidding on Price line and getting this hotel while on a road trip between Dallas, Houston and the Gulf Coast and back we were a little frightened by many of the reviews. After getting to the hotel our fears slowly started to dissipate as we were met by a very pleasant and helpful front desk team.

We went up to our room and again were pleasantly surprised with the quality and appearance of the room. Newer TV, clean sheets, floor, bathroom. No smells.

Quality of the WIFI, important for us as we work from the road, was good.

Breakfast at the restaurant was standard Holiday Inn menu. Tasty "Full Breakfast" scrambled eggs with sausage.

It is an older property, yes. The hotel management in its replies admit to that. But they are doing the best they can with what they have and make every attempt to make your stay a pleasant one.

Don't be afraid of this hotel; clean and acceptable accommodations.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor and get the feeling this might be one of the better floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking to the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. Your kind remarks are much appreciated by both myself and our associates. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport, Louisiana area.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with a business group to attend a meeting there. Everything was reasonably clean but I guess I expected better treatment because we had 50+ people staying there utilizing two of their meeting rooms. It turned out, however, that there was a bigger group there for one night so they received all the attention to detail. Would I stay there again...possibly. Will I plan another meeting there...probably not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. We are pleased that you found the condition of our hotel satisfactory. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced with your meeting room. Please know that this will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and will work to correct any unsatisfactory experience. At your convenience, it would be helpful for us if you could call and give us specifics of your meeting. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.
Allen, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I found this hotel on Hotwire.com for $45 per night for two nights over the weekend. Thought I'd take a chance even after reading the mixed bag of reviews.

Overall the hotel is not bad - a little dated in decore - but not bad. The service was excellent and the hotel was VERY clean. I ordered room service for breakfast and the food arrived fast, hot and well prepared. I arrive very late at night, and although the pool area was closed the front desk agent allowed me to get into the hot tub - a much needed relaxing break after a 3 hour drive from Dallas.

The only issue that I have is the bed is as stiff as a board. The linen is clean and the pillows are comfortable (although we really don't care for 5 small pillows - give us 4 good sized ones instead), we are used to a pillow top so we had trouble sleeping as a result.

Overall, aside from the stiff bed it was a good experience!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators as the vending/ice machines are right next to the guest rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. Your kind remarks and details of your positive experience with our hotel are appreciated by the entire staff. I would like to apologize for the “super firm bed”, we recently replaced most of the mattress with new pillow-top mattresses, this is one of our on-going upgrades per our standards. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I tried to cancel my reservations after I saw the reviews on this site, but Expedia wouldn't let me. I am SO happy that I did not change...
Checking in very late, I was exhausted. Douglas, the desk clerk,w as helpful, kind, and honest. The upgrade to a suite was an unexpected but very welcome gift. The helpful assistance from one of the employees made unloading a breeze (and he even graciously said "No tip necessary!." The after-hours use of the whirlpool took away the achy-ness from the long drive and made the transition from traveler to visitor a great experience.
Parking was very close to the room and was well-lit and secure. The two room suite was comfortably appointed, lots of space, easy WiFi access, two televisions, thermostat worked great, and the king size bed was clean, just-firm-enough, and filled with pillows and blankets. The fridge in the room had some ice build up but it still worked great (and the culprit for the problem was a previous guest who left the setting on the coldest temp.)
The indoor pool was heated but not hot and whirlpool was steamy; a perfect combination for total relaxation. Everything was antiseptically clean, well-lit, and in spite of the vast interior, had plenty of small spaces for personal conversation.
Was the hotel brand-new? No. Was the hotel ultra modern? No. HOWEVER, it was spacious, comfortable, clean, relaxing and cost less than 1/3 of those brand new sterile box hotels. Will definitely go back, time and time again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor concerning your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. It is our mission to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests and it is very uplifting when we accomplish that mission and our customers recognize us for doing just that. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us along with everyone else who might find this review helpful when choosing their accommodations in Shreveport, Louisiana. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
McKinney, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is nasty. Keep in mind I normally research my hotels very well, and this one I booked thru name your own price on Priceline... And this is what I get trying to be a cheapskate. Walking in to the modern lobby, for 1975, I was promptly greeted, and given my room key and told how to get to my room. Upon exiting the elevator on my floor, I notice a hose coming out of the wall and just laying on the ground , like the ice machine was missing. We enter the room with low expectations. My wife and I already agreed that we would leave it the room was bad. The bathroom was very clean, and looked decent. Then the beds, ... O boy... Multiple blood stains, and lots of short black hairs... Gross!!!!!!! We walked out of the room, and drove down to the Hilton Garden Inn, much cleaner and newer. Do yourself a favor and get a room 5 min from this Holiday Inn... Waste of money spent thru Priceline...

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent visit of our hotel. I would like to apologize for this unusual condition that you found your guestroom in. This is unacceptable and does not reflect our normal standards of hospitality and cleanliness. Please know I have addressed these issues with the appropriate departments. We are aware and are working on the ice machine that you mentioned in your review. We are an older hotel and are continually upgrading areas and preventative maintenance is completed on all of our rooms on a rotation basis. We hope to have an opportunity to provide you the kind of guest satisfaction that we are known for if you are ever in the Shreveport/Bossier City area again.

Travelers are raving about these Shreveport hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am scarred for life. I will never stay at a Holiday Inn ever!! I get nauseated now just at the sight of a green H... Save yourself. I am an RN and feel sooo contaminated after walking in this suite. I never in my life saw anything sooo nasty,moldy,dirty,pest infested and that was the clean side...which was hard to see due to lights burned out. The sheets had copious protein stains and multi long hairs... OMG I never in all of my life have been so disgusted. Oh and they told us these suites were all recently upgraded... I hate to see the rooms that have yet to be upgraded. There are not enough words to explain the depth of disgusting that we experienced in this suite. Lesson learned never allow children in a room until first inspecting what is hidden behind those doors! OMG I hope these pictures attach for you to see for yourself. Sorry ahead of time because these are definitely rated "R"!!!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Kiaelc,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

You mentioned in your review you attached photos. I am sorry but there were no photos on your review for us to view.

Katie J