“Very disappointed”

Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Mansfield, Texas, United States
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stay in Holiday Inns frequently and were very disappointed in our stay at this location. We called ahead to make sure our room would be ready & confirm we had a king room. Upon arrival were given keys to a 2nd floor room and tried to get in the room. The keys wouldnt work so the front desk attendant came up and proceeded to barge in on sleeping guest already in the room. We were then told all they had available was a handicapped with 2 beds right beside the lobby. This was the noisiest hotel I've e ever stayed in. The lobby tv was turned on volume blaring at 7 am and stayed on for hours! It was louder than the tv in my room. The carpet was dirty and the room was musty. Would not recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NikkiKotzian, Director of Sales at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your remarks regarding your stay with Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. I am truly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I have reviewed your concerns with the maintenance department, housekeeping and lounge. The Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal in this instance. We hope that you will consider Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West for your future lodging needs so that we may prove that we are fully committed to satisfying you by delivering the quality of product and service that you would expect from Holiday Inn hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wills Point, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My daugther and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel, however I believe I left my eyeglasses in the room and I am having NO LUCK getting someone from Housekeeping to return my call regarding if these glasses were found in my room. The front desk said I had to speak with housekeeping. I spoke with someone from housekeeping two weeks ago and they were supposed to call me back after they checked. Since then I have called 3 times and had to leave messages asking someone to return my call....so far no one will return my call. I called the hotel front desk again today asking for the hotel manager and once again, I was transferred to the SAME voice mail as before and left yet another message. VERY FRUSTRATING!! I will also be writing a letter to the GM regarding this situation.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were very clean. They have microwaves, mini refrigerators, and free wi-fi. The indoor/outdoor pool was a big hit with the kids. Kids also eat free in the hotel restaurant which was awesome. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel and staff was wonderful. The guy(Alonzo) at the front desk was very helpful and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone. I found it also to be in a safe and secure location.

Room Tip: I stay in one of the suites. It was one of the most comfortable stays I've had in years. The m...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel, the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear we were able to take great care of you when your travel did not go as planned and make you feel welcome. It's always great to know that we are making our guests feel special as we certainly do our best to create those lasting relationships. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in the Shreveport/Bossier City area again!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is our 2nd stay here ,,, And as far as I am concerned it is like taking a mini vacation..
The staff are outstanding ,,, They will do almost anything to make sure you are happy...The food was good ,,,I just wish they had a bar inside of the pool I would never leave ..I do believe that the heart and soul of this Hotel is the people ,,,Front desk staff friendly and diverse ,,,resturant had outstanding service and the pool was 10 times better then the last time I stayed there ....Great Job ...

Room Tip: Stay on the 6th floor as sometimes it may get a little loud at the bar on a sold out weekend with al...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NASCAR24-24-24
Thank you for taking the time to submit a reponse for our hotel, the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you got to enjoy our hospitable and friendly staff. We like to think of our guests as family, and I am pleased to hear that it comes through in how we take care of our guests. We look forward to having you back soon. Thank you again!
South Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Up to date accomodations with granite bath counter tops. Plenty of Fluffly towels pillows and comfy bed. I had a pull out sofa sleeper, coffee table with refrigerator, microwave nice desk area and adjoining rooms if needed. We stayed due to a canceled flight so the airline booked us at this hotel with $30 of food vouchers. The restaurant staff accompodated us gracioulsy and served us the best ever nachos/ split on separate plates. The burger was not the best and we took cheesecake up to our room to enjoy. We enjoyed the pool and patio area for an hour or two also. The staff gathered us toothbrushes, deodorant, combs and additional toiletries. We also took advantage of the airport shuttle in which both the evening and early morning staff we helpful and polite. I highly recommend this choice for any stay in Shreveport.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor the top floor is tth 6th I believe. Away from the elevator where the vend...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
On behalf of myself, and the entire staff we would like to thank for the kind remarks you recently posted on TripAdvisor detailing your experiences with our hotel. It is our intent to make you feel at home and to not just meet your expectations, but to exceed them. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because the class I was teaching was held here. The hotel staff were very accommodating and professional. The rooms were old but clean. The best part of the hotel is the lunch buffet.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Mommyazn
I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful comments recently posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport. Often times, customers are more apt to share their bad experiences rather than the good. I too agree with you that we have a very caring and accommodating team that always strives to provide the best customer service experience possible. Again, thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.