“Very good for the money”

Ramada Shreveport Airport
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
“Very good for the money”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were very clean. They have microwaves, mini refrigerators, and free wi-fi. The indoor/outdoor pool was a big hit with the kids. Kids also eat free in the hotel restaurant which was awesome. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel and staff was wonderful. The guy(Alonzo) at the front desk was very helpful and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone. I found it also to be in a safe and secure location.

Room Tip: I stay in one of the suites. It was one of the most comfortable stays I've had in years. The m...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel, the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear we were able to take great care of you when your travel did not go as planned and make you feel welcome. It's always great to know that we are making our guests feel special as we certainly do our best to create those lasting relationships. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in the Shreveport/Bossier City area again!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is our 2nd stay here ,,, And as far as I am concerned it is like taking a mini vacation..
The staff are outstanding ,,, They will do almost anything to make sure you are happy...The food was good ,,,I just wish they had a bar inside of the pool I would never leave ..I do believe that the heart and soul of this Hotel is the people ,,,Front desk staff friendly and diverse ,,,resturant had outstanding service and the pool was 10 times better then the last time I stayed there ....Great Job ...

Room Tip: Stay on the 6th floor as sometimes it may get a little loud at the bar on a sold out weekend with al...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NASCAR24-24-24
Thank you for taking the time to submit a reponse for our hotel, the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you got to enjoy our hospitable and friendly staff. We like to think of our guests as family, and I am pleased to hear that it comes through in how we take care of our guests. We look forward to having you back soon. Thank you again!
South Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Up to date accomodations with granite bath counter tops. Plenty of Fluffly towels pillows and comfy bed. I had a pull out sofa sleeper, coffee table with refrigerator, microwave nice desk area and adjoining rooms if needed. We stayed due to a canceled flight so the airline booked us at this hotel with $30 of food vouchers. The restaurant staff accompodated us gracioulsy and served us the best ever nachos/ split on separate plates. The burger was not the best and we took cheesecake up to our room to enjoy. We enjoyed the pool and patio area for an hour or two also. The staff gathered us toothbrushes, deodorant, combs and additional toiletries. We also took advantage of the airport shuttle in which both the evening and early morning staff we helpful and polite. I highly recommend this choice for any stay in Shreveport.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor the top floor is tth 6th I believe. Away from the elevator where the vend...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
On behalf of myself, and the entire staff we would like to thank for the kind remarks you recently posted on TripAdvisor detailing your experiences with our hotel. It is our intent to make you feel at home and to not just meet your expectations, but to exceed them. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because the class I was teaching was held here. The hotel staff were very accommodating and professional. The rooms were old but clean. The best part of the hotel is the lunch buffet.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Mommyazn
I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful comments recently posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport. Often times, customers are more apt to share their bad experiences rather than the good. I too agree with you that we have a very caring and accommodating team that always strives to provide the best customer service experience possible. Again, thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our stay has been great and the pool is awesome and kid friendly!! Indoor/outdoor pool is a very good thing!! The bar and restaurant is very nice and have great people working them!! If you stay you won't regret it!!

• Stayed July 2012
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind remarks recently posted on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your positive comments not only with our team but the thousands of customers who use this trusted site to make their lodging decisions. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Shreveport.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We booked our family reunion here for July 5 - 8, 2012. Why did everybody come back from our family picnic on Saturday evening with dirty rooms and no towels. We left at 10 in the morning and came back around 4 in the evening. Everybody came back out their rooms saying either their rooms hadn't been cleaned or they didn't have towels. I'm sitting here as we speak still waiting for face towels, and it's 9:14 p.m. What kind of service is that? They are half doing everything around here. Oh, they're just bringing my towels now, only after the 3rd time I've called the front desk and asked for them.

Also, they have no problem giving out keys to your room to other people, and please get a copy of your bill. They're charging a security deposit and they have the nerve to say it will be mailed to you in 7-10 business days. Don't you think you should tell people that up front?

I've seen people getting the clean towels from the pool bin and getting tissue out of the public restrooms. What part of the vacation is this, when you have to go on a scavenger hunt through the hotel to get the basic necessities?

PLEASE get it together!!!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, don't stay here. Hell, if you want a mediocre room, don't stay her...
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West on TripAdvisor. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. The Holiday Inn Shreveport West is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and we sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments have been reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. I would like to thank your family reunion for choosing our hotel for their event, as we are the number one choice for many family reunions in the area. Again, your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs so that we may prove that we are fully committed to satisfying you by delivering the quality of product and service that you would expect from Holiday Inn hotels.

Travelers are raving about these Shreveport hotels