“Not my first choice”

Ramada Shreveport Airport
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
“Not my first choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because the class I was teaching was held here. The hotel staff were very accommodating and professional. The rooms were old but clean. The best part of the hotel is the lunch buffet.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Mommyazn
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful comments recently posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport. Often times, customers are more apt to share their bad experiences rather than the good. I too agree with you that we have a very caring and accommodating team that always strives to provide the best customer service experience possible. Again, thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our stay has been great and the pool is awesome and kid friendly!! Indoor/outdoor pool is a very good thing!! The bar and restaurant is very nice and have great people working them!! If you stay you won't regret it!!

• Stayed July 2012
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind remarks recently posted on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your positive comments not only with our team but the thousands of customers who use this trusted site to make their lodging decisions. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Shreveport.
Bossier City, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We booked our family reunion here for July 5 - 8, 2012. Why did everybody come back from our family picnic on Saturday evening with dirty rooms and no towels. We left at 10 in the morning and came back around 4 in the evening. Everybody came back out their rooms saying either their rooms hadn't been cleaned or they didn't have towels. I'm sitting here as we speak still waiting for face towels, and it's 9:14 p.m. What kind of service is that? They are half doing everything around here. Oh, they're just bringing my towels now, only after the 3rd time I've called the front desk and asked for them.

Also, they have no problem giving out keys to your room to other people, and please get a copy of your bill. They're charging a security deposit and they have the nerve to say it will be mailed to you in 7-10 business days. Don't you think you should tell people that up front?

I've seen people getting the clean towels from the pool bin and getting tissue out of the public restrooms. What part of the vacation is this, when you have to go on a scavenger hunt through the hotel to get the basic necessities?

PLEASE get it together!!!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, don't stay here. Hell, if you want a mediocre room, don't stay her...
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West on TripAdvisor. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. The Holiday Inn Shreveport West is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and we sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments have been reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. I would like to thank your family reunion for choosing our hotel for their event, as we are the number one choice for many family reunions in the area. Again, your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs so that we may prove that we are fully committed to satisfying you by delivering the quality of product and service that you would expect from Holiday Inn hotels.
Huntsville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have stayed in many different brands of hotel, most of which I've booked using expedia or something like that. I found this hotel through KAYAK, and booked through them based on the positive reviews on tripadvisor. Worst mistake ever. We arrived at the hotel at check-in time, and the lobby was nice enough. The guy who checked us in was pleasant but once we got to our room a musty odor hit me as soon as we walked in. So we got into the room and started putting our things up. It was pretty dark and one of the lamps didn't work so I opened the drapes for sunlight, but the window looked right out into the lobby, and we were directly in front of the bar. Not a big deal. I was disappointed but got over it quickly. We started to unpack and the more I moved around the room the more disgusted I became. I worked for Holiday Inn many years ago, and I am very aware of their strict cleanliness standards, which this hotel absolutely did not even come close to meeting. There were hairs all over the comforters, pillows, desk top and night stand. I went to the bathroom to inspect and there were hairs in the sink, toilet and on the shower wall. A little later I pulled the blankets back on the beds to inspect and there were hairs all over the sheets as well. One of the pillows had a black hair (looked like weave) so thick and dark that I could see it through the pillow case. We called the front office and asked for clean linens, and received SOME but not enough, after waiting about half an hour for them. I made one bed (with no pillow cases) and my husband had to go to the front desk to ask for the rest of them. When the guy showed up with the second set of linens, we asked again for pillow cases, and he said, "If I'm not back in 20 minutes then you'll know I couldn't find any." I knew right then we wouldn't get pillow cases, but what kind of hotel runs out of pillow cases so easily? We finally got to lay down around 10:30 at night and I just used a blanket to wrap the pillows in. This however was not the only problem we had from this hotel. My kids wanted to swim but when we got to the pool the kiddie pool was out of order, the hot tub was out of order, the pool water was about 50 degrees and cloudy, so we could not swim. So we went back to the room, got dressed and decided to have dinner in the hotel restaurant. I was glad to see that kids 12 and under eat free, so my kids meals were free, however my husband and I both ordered the gumbo which came to us cold, and the texture and flavor were horrible. I tried to eat it, but after biting into tough chicken, it just wasn't worth it. Good thing I decided to stop eating because halfway through the meal my oldest son got sick and we had to rush to the restroom in the lobby so that he could throw up. There's no telling what made him sick, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and not blame it on the food there, but when we were in the restroom and he was puking his guts out into a stained toilet that had not been flushed after the last person pooped in it, I couldn't help but notice all of the toilet paper and standing water on the restroom floor. Totally unacceptable. There were quite a few employees there last night and any one of them could have cleaned that bathroom. Overall I have to say that this was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and I would absolutely never go back. When my husband turned the keys in this morning someone at the desk asked him how his stay was and once again he told the whole story. She actually offered him free breakfast to 'make up for it' and he told her no. How about doing your job right the first time and you won't have to 'make up for it'?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry that we did not meet or exceed your expectations, as we normally do with all of our guests. You have my promise that I will research the cleanliness issues with housekeeping, our front desk to ensure that all of our guests are taken care of promptly with their service requests and our restaurant. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our hotel, we do not take comments such as yours lightly and will do everything possible to investigate and find our where we fell short of our goals. I hope that this has not impacted your view of Holiday Inn hotels, and I would love the chance to make it right with you the next time you are in town. I urge you to contact me to discuss the problems you experienced while staying with us, and I will personally see to it that you are taken care of with the highest level of service that I have come to expect from the team here at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. I want to thank you again for taking time to inform us of your stay, as we rely on our guests feedback so we can continue to strive to be the best
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Our one-night stay in this HIE-W was extremely pleasant. First of all, the front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating with our request for floor preference. Second, our room was exceptionally clean. The bathroom, especially the tub, shined a brilliant white - no stains anywhere! Third, the breakfast was delicious (bacon!) with it's many selections to satisfy everyone. My personal opinion is that this HIE is well managed.

• Stayed May 2012
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your remarks on TripAdvisor concerning your recent experience at our property. It is our mission to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests and it is very uplifting when we accomplish that mission, that our customers recognize us for doing just that. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us along with everyone else who might find this review helpful when choosing their accommodations in Shreveport. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon
Fort Knox, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has a very nice indoor/outdoor pool, and a great bartender (Ms Kyle). The location is great, just down the street from several restaurants and a Walmart. Other than that, the hotel is a little out dated. The food is ok, as long as the, "good cook" is working.

• Stayed April 2012
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with Holiday Inn Shreveport West. I am happy that you enjoyed many of the great hotel amenities and excellent customer service during your stay, as we strive to provide you with the quality service you would expect from Holiday Inn Hotels. We are an older hotel but pride ourselves in room cleanliness and excellent guest service; from our front desk, restaurant, lounge to our housekeeping department. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Shreveport Bossier City area.
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

This hotel is definitely a great value for the money. I think our only major complaint (that the hotel can't help) is that the area stinks a bit outside. This was an excellent hotel to stop at on a long road trip. Breakfast was fine- it was definitely nice to have, and they didn't skimp on the fresh fruit. All in all, a solid hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful comments recently posted on TripAdvisor reagarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. It is our goal to make you feel at home and not just meet your needs, but to exceed them. I am pleased that the staff was able to do this and will share your comments with them. As for the odor outside the hotel, that you noted in your review, I want to reassure you that bad odors around the hotel are not an occurence that happens at the hotel or in the area, and have not had guests comment about this issue in the past. I truly hope this will not keep you from staying at our hotel in the future. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.