“Noisey ac fan and indoor-outdoor pool freezing”

Ramada Shreveport Airport
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Lewisville, Texas
“Noisey ac fan and indoor-outdoor pool freezing”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The rooms AC fan rattles loudly. From looking at the website I thought the indoor outdoor pool was two seperate pools. I did not know they are the same pool with a channel that conencts them, the water is freezing! The same very cold water from the outside pool is in the indoor pool. I picked this hotel because I thought it had an indoor pool that was seperate from the outdoor pool. I should have called to confirm the pools but the website says indoor pool and outdoor pool making me believe there are two pools. I really think this is misleading on their part.
Minor issue, but the clocks have not been set forwared for Spring Forward.
I could have stayed at another hotel for 2/3 the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
DeltaGallo, Sales Coordinator at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West on TripAdvisor. While our Maintenance Department regularly performs preventive maintenance on our overnight rooms, I am sorry that we failed to provide you with a satisfied stay, as we are committed to providing to all of our guests The issue of the rattling AC fan has been attended to and I am happy to report that we have had no futher complaints regarding this issue. We only wish we were given the opportunity to address these issues earlier so that we could have moved you to more suitable accomodations. We truly hope that if you are ever in the Shreveport/Bossier City area in the future you will give our hotel another try so that we may prove our commitment to delivering the quality of product and service that you would expect from Holiday Inn hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
fort worth
Reviewed February 11, 2011

OK, You hear all the time about how nice a place is when it really isnt. I was forced to stay here due to a break down in Louisiana. I have stayed in many many many hotels all across teh country while playing college and arena football and for work. I will tell anyone listening that this is hands down the BEST hotel ive ever been to. The staff, especially, (Mrs. AVA) was so nice and helpful. I might have been stuck from breaking down but i garentee that i will stay here everytime I stay in Shreveport. Best hotel ive ever stayed at

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jdeml
DeltaGallo, Sales Coordinator at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
We truly appreciate your taking the time to post your kind remarks about your stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. While it is unfortunate that you broke down, I am truly happy that we were here for you and were able to make your stay pleasant. Your kind remarks will be shared with our front desk staff and they will be very happy that they exceeded your expectations. Your review will help other potential guests in making their decision where to stay in the Shreveport/Bossier CIty area. Thank you again!
Pasadena, California
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We were in Shreveport to provide a program to first-year medical students at the LSU Health Sciences Center and were provided accommodations at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. The weather was threatening, to say the least - forecasted wind, rain, snow, sleet and something called ice pellets. There were announcements on the television that many schools, including LSU, and public offices were to be closed. Everyone at the front desk, Ava, Jodi and Shay, were so reassuring, educated us about the weather forecast, assured us that we would be kept safe and, if we needed to get to LSU, they would make sure that we got there safe & sound. Ladarius picked us up at the airport and made sure we got to and from the hotel and LSU safely and comfortably. Even in these poor weather conditions, Ladarius' driving was comfortable because he drove cautiously but quite confidently. Highways were closed and even our local host was not familiar with the routes Ladarius drove, but stated that the route he used was the best way she could imagine, and she would use that route in the future in poor weather. Ava, Jodi, Shay & Ladarius were the epitome of southern hospitality.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your most kind remarks about the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. The "Southern Hospitality" you received is what our team strives to provide for all of our guests, at all times. It is always a positive thing when our team members receive such great compliments from our guests, such as yourself. Hope your next trip to the Shreveport/Bossier City area will be when the weather is more enjoyable and you are able to enjoy some of our city attractions. Looking forward to your return visit. Thank you again!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Stayed here for a some what gala event. With my husband and 2 children. We needed a 2 room suite , that they didnt have, then after meeting with the General Manager Eric Kiddle he made it happen,,, They accually took 1 of thier meeting rooms and made it into another hotel room for our special needs.. We also had to have special dietary needs and Mr. Kiddle introduced us to his Exuctive Chef Mr. McFarland who after meeting with us went out of his way, went to the store and bought the food that we needed and prepared it just like if we were at home. For all this type of service we cannot that you folks at the Holiday Inn enough. I am sure we will be back again and again for many many years to come.. Kuddo's Mr. kiddle to you and your staff for making our trip so enjoyable ..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
DeltaGallo, Sales at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
On behalf of myself and the entire staff we would like to thank you for the kind remarks you recently posted on TripAdvisor detailing your experiences with our hotel. It is our intent to make you feel at home and not just meet your expectations, but to exceed them. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I am the travel coordinator for the Gulf Coast Distict of the company that I work for. In 2010 we held meetings almost one a week during the months of August, September and October. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Anytime I needed help with something all I had to do was pick up the phone or send an email and they took care of it. Even when we needed things done on short notice they were able to make it happen. We also had multiple employees book sleeping rooms. They were also very nice and highly recommendable. If you are looking for a hotel in Shreveport this is the one!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind remarks about your meetings and overnight rooms at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. I am very happy to hear that our staff and services exceeded your expectations. Our corporate motto is to do "Whatever It Takes" to assure that we exceed our guests expectations. Again, thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2010

This hotel is possibly the best place to stay in the area ,,, Made us feel just like we were at home. Friendly staff.. Great food all the meals we had were wonderful. Rooms were clean and just an overall great feeling of home town hospitality in a medium sized city. We were there for a total of 4 nights. I would reccomend this hotel for any type of stay bussiness or pleasure. All thumbs up .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
DeltaGallo, Sales at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Thank you so much for the kind remarks about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West you posted recently on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that our staff and services exceeded your expectations. It is our goal to provide both excellent service and accomodations to our guests and it is very uplifting when we accomplish that mission, that our customers recognize us for doing just that. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
tulsa
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Do not stay here! Our group stayed one night here pumping literally thousands of dollars into this hotel. My family (3 adults and 4 kids) had two adjoining rooms. The toilets in both of our rooms did not flush. We stayed less than 16 hours there and had maintenance in our room FIVE different times trying to fix the toilets. Upon our departure, the hotel claimed they were fixed and said they had NO record of a problem with the toilets in our rooms. How can you not have a record if the maintenance guys have been working in our rooms 5 times in a 16 hour period? We had to resort to taking our kids down to the lobby to use the restroom. Long story short, Eric Kiddle, the sorry excuse for the general manager would not come out and speak to me as I had asked, but hid behind the girl at the counter and offered to take $20 of our rooms. He never would come out and speak to me like I asked, so some of the cleaning ladies told me where his office was. I went in to speak to him, he never made eye contact with me, didn't see the restroom issue as a problem and ultimately told me he was calling the police on me for trespassing if I didn't leave his office. He is a coward. I will never stay at this Holiday Inn or ANY Holiday Inn after this experience! Beware. I've never been treated so rudely.

3 Thank extremecheermom
DeltaGallo, Sales at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West on TripAdvisor. We were delighted that your group chose our hotel for their recent stay, we realize that your group had many lodging choices to choose from. While our Maintenance Department regularly performs preventive maintenance on our overnight rooms, I am sorry that we failed to provide you with a satisifed stay, as we are committed to providing to all of our guests. The issue of the toilets not flushing in your adjoining rooms have been attended to and I am happy to report that we have had no futher complaints in those rooms. We truly hope that if you are ever in the Shreveport/Bossier CIty area in the future you will give our hotel another try so that we may prove our committment to delivering the quality of product and service that you would expect from Holiday Inn hotels..