“Pet Friendly, Good daytime area, close to airport”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool is clean and maintained. The rooms are clean but one of our rooms stank of smoke. Truckers frequent the area and are noisy at night. The hotel is older but priced the same as other newer ones in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Rude white woman with tattoos on wrists. Way overrated and overpriced. Poor shower pressure. Only good thing is you can park your truck on the side and pets are allowed. Near cracker barrel and walmart as well.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice accommodations right off I-20. Large clean room with comfortable beds. Good breakfast with waffles, nice relaxing pool area. Staff very ni ce and friendly. Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Staff is terrific and friendly. Safe place to stay and parking is good. Water pressure is weak in sink and shower. Breakfast is good. Property is CLEAN and pleasant. Location is convienent to Interstate 20. LQ reservation system is easy to navigate.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank keithh775
Reviewed June 10, 2014

pro's: easy to find, continental breakfast, wifi was fast...cons: they are dog friendly so there's a possibility of barking and strange smells in the back exit elevator. Bathrooms could use an upgrade but it was definitely doable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was so disappointed with my recent experience with this hotel. I made reservations three weeks in advance for a suite for one evening. I had stayed at this facility once before and was satisfied with the property and even joined their frequent guest program. We were looking for a "dog friendly" hotel as we often travel with our small dog.
One hour from my arrival in Shreveport, I received a call that I would need to switch to a single room if I would not accept a "smoking" room. I asked why my reservation was not being honored and was told that they had already rented the non-smoking suites and none were available. The desk clerk even said, when I asked, that the smoking rooms definitely smelled like cigarettes and if that bothered us, we should switch to a single room. She then said that they were honoring my reservation because they had this suite available even though my reservation was for a non-smoking suite.
I explained that I was very disappointed and would be writing La Quinta management with my experience. She then told me that all they do is forward it to the local facility manager, so I might as well as just speak with him when I got there.
I found another suite right down the street and cancelled my reservation with La Quinta planning to never go back.

Room Tip: Don't rely on a reservation as requested.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've stayed here 2 years in a row, Love it when I'm in Shreveport. I have never had any problems and the staff is always helpful. The pool and hot tub is always great to get in and relax and even though it closed at 10 p.m. they let us stay in later. They have a gazebo area which is also nice to relax and sit and enjoy the night.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family