“Spring Break”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We stayed at the LaQuinta for four days. Everything was fine except for the keys. When we left to go outside the hotel the key wouldn't fit the back door or it wouldn't fit the room door. We had to get keys about four times during our stay. The lady over the kitchen wasn't very friendly.

Stayed: March 2008

Reviewed February 2, 2008

I stayed here because we needed a place that we could take our dog. It was very clean and very nice. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and very happy. This includes the people who were there when we checked in and the people who were there when we checked out. It's one thing to be friendly to people, but these people seemed glad to be there even when they weren't interacting with people.

My biggest concern was the breakfast. It is absolutely fine for most people, but they just went against my preferences in many areas. First of all, they only had grits for hot cereal (no oatmeal). Then they only had one type of cold cereal. Other than that they had a great selection of the things that I didn't want: donuts, waffles, muffins, and bagels. This hotel also offered eggs, but this was very unusual to me. They had taken hard boiled eggs and cut them up into pieces in a warming pan. Maybe some people do this or like it, but when someone says they have eggs I expect a little more. My last complaint concerns the juice pitchers. They had juice, but it was in very large pitchers. For me, it was no problem, but I can imagine a child or someone else having a problem trying to lift the pitcher and pour a glass of juice.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 25, 2007

Travelling as a family of 4 from the Atlanta area to the Austin TX, area, while we *could* stretch the drive to be a nonstop, we found it better to stop, relax, and rest on drives of over 700 miles. We were travelling with our 7yr old whippet dog, so hotel choices become immediately limited. Based on price, distance, and "pets OK" policy, we booked the La Quinta Shreveport Airport direct on their website. We found the property clean, the checkin took about 30 seconds, room clean and comfortable, and indeed pets OK. Beds were comfortable, rooms quiet, and complimentary breakfast typical of the class of property (a.k.a Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn) albeit the breakfast area much larger than usual. IHOP is walking distance right across the street. A little more expensive than other hotels in it's class, but we do like interior room entry as opposed to the exterior room entry that some older properties have. Would stay here again, nuff said.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank woodr35
Reviewed October 29, 2006

I have stayed at most of the hotels in Shreveport thanks to Family, a last minute visit and the other hotels I stay at Sold out, this was the first time I tried this one.

First off it’s a La Quinta, if you know the brand, there is nothing spectacular or different – it’s a standard limited service hotel in the mold of the Courtyard, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn and Such, so in terms of amenities beyond a breakfast room, Small Gym and Pool/Tub there isn’t much else.

Foodwise there is a Waffle House and IHOP right by the hotel and the usual fast food suspects in the surrounding area, my recommendation would be to get the Yellow Pages out, Look up “Johnny’s Pizza” and have them deliver to the hotel.

Having said that the place has definitely benefited from a recent renovation, all the public areas are in good order, clean and well kept.

The Room itself, although not spectacular, was again recently renovated clean and well designed, it had nice touches, the entrance “Foyer” is well designed with a Fridge, Microwave, and a small closet and I liked the Desk with the Free High Speed Internet and Office Chair, enabled me to take care of some work I needed to do. The In-House movie system has been updated to the latest and greatest with over 80 PPV Movies On Demand with a Pause/save/rewind feature.

The Bathroom was basic, but functional and of a good size, I have stayed in Fancier hotels with smaller Bathrooms!

I had no problems with the Bed or Linens, I would suggest these have been updated since the last review, The Mattress was a modern pillowtop and the sheets were nicer than some supposedly better hotels I have stayed in the past.

Criticisms – It looks like when they renovated the rooms, they left the recliners be, they seemed a little ragged compared to the rest of the room although not overly so. The car park, seems limited to one car per room, or perhaps a little more, not a problem in theory but with the hotel next to I-20 it just takes a full hotel combine with a couple of selfish drivers with trailers who feel the only thing they can do is take up 4-6 parking spots by parking horizontally to the space(s), a pet hate of mine! and its going to be difficult if you arrive late at night.

My Biggest problem was with the night clerk, I went down at 11pm to ask for some extra pillows (No extras in the room) “We don’t have any extra Pillows!” the clerk snapped back like I just made the most outrageous request, No Sorry, no nothing. But that was the only real black spot. I guess La Quinta must be Spanish for "No Extra Pillows for you!"

Overall, it’s a La Quinta, its one of their more modern hotels although it’s a standard place. Know what to expect and you won’t leave disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Oregon
Reviewed August 22, 2005

Just returned from La Quinta Shreveport. The hotel is nicely decorated, clean and staff is friendly. My only complaint is that the beds were so uncomfortable. Adding to that, the bedding was not of good quality. Very small pillows and one thin blanket. This surprised me because it was obvious they had done major updating at this property. Seems a shame they didn't pay more attention to the importance of a good bed and bedding. Overall, it was an okay value and the continental breakfast was decent. Probably would try other hotels in the area next time for comparison.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2004

First class hotel for a budget price. Motel is very nicely decorated and very clean. Service is very professional and smooth. Breakfast was everything from hot waffels to fresh cut fruit and beyond. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2004
5  Thank C R M
A TripAdvisor Member
Plano, TX
Reviewed April 27, 2003

Got a two double-bed room for under $70. All of the front desk and other staff were always kind to us. Room was bright, nice and clean, with a large bathroom. (We have two small kids that get baths, so that's important!) Was able to get 38.6 dial-up modem connection, pretty darn good for a hotel. Outdoor pool was nice and clean, not overcrowded, goes up to 5ft deep so not that dangerous (no diving). Personally I thought the breakfast buffet was perfect, good coffee, cereals, yogurt, bagels, waffles, and other stuff... though if those aren't your tastes, the hotel has an IHOP on one side and a Waffle House on the other, so you don't have to drive anywhere for breakfast anyways. :)

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member