“Nice Stop Over Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Stop Over Hotel”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here overnight on the way home from a cross country trip. I liked that the rooms had inside entrances like a proper hotel. The bed was the most comfortable out of all the La Quintas we stayed at during our week long trip. Breakfast buffet looked pretty sparse so we opted to go next door to the Waffle House instead.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ends of the hallways wheree the ice machines are.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here Sept.19th on our way to Orlando. I was a little apprehensive after I read the reviews but my room was already paid for. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was large and well appointed. The beds were comfortable. We didn't spend much time there but had no complaints at all. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Needed dusting, coffee pot dusty inside where you pour the water, 2 guests, but 3 washcloths, bed linen had holes, mattress sunken in the middle, bathtub had hair in it, ice but lid had sticky stuff on it. Glad I was only there one night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Richard p, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I am terribly sorry about the issues that you experienced during your stay. We truly value your business and want to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your stay. We will get the items addressed and we can assure you we will do better. If there is anything that I can do for you please let me know.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good location, good value. Very clean, pleasant staff. And, high speed wireless access that was really high speed. And it was easy to use. Breakfast was on time and a good varity. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Coweta, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We booked this hotel with our soccer team and we were the first to arrive on Friday after a 6 hour drive. When we got there we got checked in ok and everything seemed great at first. The rooms were very spacious and nice looking. When I opened the small refrigerator to put in drinks to get cold there was an open, half eaten can of Spam in it! Later I went down and told the lady at the desk and she just gave me a blank stare and said "ok", with an attitude like what's your point? It was still there when we left Sunday. I didnt want to put it in the trash can because it might stink up the room and it would have as the trash never got emptied while we were there. The soap dish attached to the wall in the bath tub had black on one side that looked like black mold but not sure if it was. And the bottom of the bathtub had a black stains where you can tell there used to be a nonslip bath mat that had grown mold under it and they had removed the mat but it is still stained black from where the mold was. As our other teammates arrived we discovered that they had not reserved a wing for our team as they were supposed to and also had not reserved some rooms for a few of our team and didnt have any more available when they got there so they had to go to another hotel. You have to ask for pool towels at the front desk and what they give you are not pool towels as they are the size of a hand towel! The pool was blue but very murky to the point you cant see to the bottom and the hot tub was not hot, just warm and the jets barely blew out. The halls smelled like cigerrette smoke even though it is non smoking. Everything was stale at the Breakfast, luckily there is an Ihop and Waffle house practically in their parking lot. Won't stay here ever again!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Richard p, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I am very sorry about your experience with us and would like to make it right for you. We will address all of your issues and make it right for you. We value you as a customer and want you to be 100% satisfied with your stay. Please contact me and I will take care of you.
Metairie, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Very friendly people working there, good quality sleep at night and next to IHOP which who can not like eating Pancakes. Check in was easy even though there were 4 different couples trying to get booked in. They handled all of us within 10-minutes I would say and answered all questioned the people had. Recommended some good restaurants to eat at and they were good. I will definetly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business