“Horrible Service!!!”

Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Coweta, Oklahoma, United States
“Horrible Service!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We booked this hotel with our soccer team and we were the first to arrive on Friday after a 6 hour drive. When we got there we got checked in ok and everything seemed great at first. The rooms were very spacious and nice looking. When I opened the small refrigerator to put in drinks to get cold there was an open, half eaten can of Spam in it! Later I went down and told the lady at the desk and she just gave me a blank stare and said "ok", with an attitude like what's your point? It was still there when we left Sunday. I didnt want to put it in the trash can because it might stink up the room and it would have as the trash never got emptied while we were there. The soap dish attached to the wall in the bath tub had black on one side that looked like black mold but not sure if it was. And the bottom of the bathtub had a black stains where you can tell there used to be a nonslip bath mat that had grown mold under it and they had removed the mat but it is still stained black from where the mold was. As our other teammates arrived we discovered that they had not reserved a wing for our team as they were supposed to and also had not reserved some rooms for a few of our team and didnt have any more available when they got there so they had to go to another hotel. You have to ask for pool towels at the front desk and what they give you are not pool towels as they are the size of a hand towel! The pool was blue but very murky to the point you cant see to the bottom and the hot tub was not hot, just warm and the jets barely blew out. The halls smelled like cigerrette smoke even though it is non smoking. Everything was stale at the Breakfast, luckily there is an Ihop and Waffle house practically in their parking lot. Won't stay here ever again!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Richard p, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I am very sorry about your experience with us and would like to make it right for you. We will address all of your issues and make it right for you. We value you as a customer and want you to be 100% satisfied with your stay. Please contact me and I will take care of you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Metairie, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Very friendly people working there, good quality sleep at night and next to IHOP which who can not like eating Pancakes. Check in was easy even though there were 4 different couples trying to get booked in. They handled all of us within 10-minutes I would say and answered all questioned the people had. Recommended some good restaurants to eat at and they were good. I will definetly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Alabama
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I gave this 5 stars. No, it's not a 5-star hotel or even close. But La Quinta is a sweet, friendly place to stay. This is our third visit there in 3 years, and it's always the same. Rooms are spacious. Even the bathroom is spacious. Everything was clean everywhere. Small pool, but kind of picturesque with wrought iron tables and chairs all around. I like to go out by the pool in the morning and read. Very nice continental breakfast (waffles, hard boiled eggs and all the other usual stuff). It's a little far out from the city, but it's at an interstate (I-20) exit, so it only takes a few minutes to get downtown. We like to stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TwinMomAlabama
New Orleans
Reviewed July 23, 2012

No integrity whatsoever. I quaranteed my late night arrival with my credit card and booked a king suite. Arrived 1-2 a.m. and was told by the Desk Clerk that she had already ran the 'audit'. In other words my credit card had been charged. Then she said 'I thought you weren't coming so I rented your room. OK, now this crummy joint has rented the same room twice. Took all my money pledged by my credit card and got the same amount from some person wondering in. And she says all I have now is a smoking room or a room with two double beds. I ask 'how could you possibly rent my room when the purpose of a guranteed reservation it to arrive late and you had already charged my card? She has no answer. We are finally given a small room with a dirty carpet and never once was my charge lowered. I think the Better Business Bureau is the perfect place to start. This motel doesn't mind telling you they double-dip and they seem to answer with 'our policy'. Reed the reviews.........be very careful here. NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Do not rent here. Obviously do not rent from the chain.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NewOrleansScooter
Richard p, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
We are terribly sorry and apologize for the misunderstanding with your room. We would like to take care of this for you if you can call us we will make it right for you.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were tired from a long drive from the west coast. This hotel was the first one we came upon after exiting the highway. It was late at night, so I'll give the front desk clerk the benefit of the doubt for her unwelcoming attitude. While she was processing my payment, I went to the bathroom & was disgusted by three large, dead roaches in the stall I went in. After getting to our room, we noticed the carpet was badly-stained & dirty. The clerk advised us that the only two-bed room that was available was smoking, but I didn't realize we'd smell smoke from adjacent rooms. Additionally, the linen & pillows smelled of smoke. This was possibly the worst hotel-stay we've had.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Denise F
I am terriby sorry about the issues that you had with your stay. We have taken care of your room for you and the issues that you experienced and I would like to talk to you to see if there is anything else that i can do for you.
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Fabulous experience from express check in to check out! Lovely staff, beautiful exterior and rooms, comfortable room, great breakfast. We travel through Shreveport at least once a year to visit family and this will be our hotel of choice from now on. Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family