“Great value and friendly employees”

Knights Inn Shreveport
Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Days Inn in Shreveport has a good value for the product offered. They also have some very nice and speedy service coming from the employees. I first met a Billy at check-in. He checked me in fast and was professional. Also I met a Natasha the next day and she was very friendly and helped me with directions to restaurants and the casino. My room was clean....no complaints there. Also breakfast was simple continential with waffles...but it was good and uneventful. The hotel is a little old and in need of painting and other stuctural issues. Steps were broken and a fence had a hole in it. But otherwise I would recommend this hotel if you need a clean place to sleep and nice speedy employees.

Room Tip: No refrigerator and microwaves are in third floor rooms but those are usually cheaper
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Tammy B, Director of Sales at Knights Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again soon and please say hello next time you visit.

Very Best,
Tammy
Area Sales Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stopped here on our road trip as we were passing through Louisiana and decided to stay in Shreveport, as that was the nearest city. The reviews were mediocre for this hotel so we figured why not. DO NOT STAY HERE AT ALL!!!! There was a drug deal happening 8 doors down from our room, there are some dirty truck drivers that walk around barefoot and only in overalls, AND the hotel stole my credit card number and made numerous (and UNNECESSARY) copies of my information. After calling and complaining, the hotel supervisor said that this is "common procedure." The rooms were smelly and disgusting and had a random alarm/buzzer going off for 3 hours in the middle of the night that sounded like it was coming from the pipes in the walls. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
mike b, Manager at Knights Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our hotel. We take them very serious. We have just hired a new security company to make sure our guests have a secured and comfortable stay. We do make a copy of the guest ID when using a credit card. This is requried by the credit card companies. If you have any unauthorized charges, please call me at 318-636-0080, so I can investigate them. I will be visiting with our housekeeping department and sharing your comments, so our future guests will have a good experience. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Oh my god do not stay here. There are perm residents living there. Drinking, broken beer bottles. The room filled with mold. Doors warped, and trash. The entire property smells. We left in the middle of the night after someone set our car alarm off. I am telling you run for somewhere else. I filed so many complaints and actually feared for my families safety leaving in the middle of the night., Oh and a man walked in to our room twice... since the door was so warped it would not lock.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
mike b, General Manager at Knights Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

We are sorry that our hotel fell short in meeting your expectations. We take each of our guest comments seriously. We have hired a new security company to provide a comfortable atmosphere for our guests. Our maintenance department is checking all of the doorsto make sure they are working properly. I would like to talk with you personally about your stay. You can reach me at 318-636-0080. Again, we are sorry you had a bad experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Even if they pay you to stay there don't do it. Dirty and run down, unfit for humans. It may be best to tear it down and build a new hotel. This one is so far gone it's un-repairable. We arrived at the hotel after a long day of driving and found the rooms so repulsive that we drove away and found a beautiful clean suite at the Residence Inn directly across the street. We won't make the mistake of booking this Days Inn again! From now on I'll check with Tripadvisor FIRST!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
mike b, General Manager at Knights Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

We appreciate your comments on TripAdvisor. We are sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We take your review seriuosly as a way to improve our product. We strive to offer clean and comfortable accommodations at a value price.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Checking in went super fast, room was clean, price was great and overall the stay was very relaxing.....

Room Tip: Reserve ahead. Its quick and easy. Online reserving on daysinn.com is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your stay at our hotel with others. We strive to make sure each of our guests have a comfortable and relaxing stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

First room I was given was a third floor room. Not unacceptable. I was walking with a cane, and recovering from a broken leg, but, I can climb stairs (one step at a time). Unfortunately, the toilet would not flush and when I picked up the phone to report it, the phone didn't work either. I used my cell phone to call the front desk and they offered to switch my room for me. My son and wife had already hauled all the suitcases up the stairs and didn't want to do too many trips, so I went and got the change of rooms done. They put me in a room on the first floor - much better for someone using a cane! I texted the room number to my wife and son, so when I got to the new room, they were already waiting with the luggage. Also, on the way to the new room, I passed an elevator that I had not been "clued-in" on. That would have been nice to know about! Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us. We use these reviews to better train our staff and see what oppportunities we have to do a better job. I have informed our maintenance department about your issues and they have been corrected. Again, thank you for your comments.