Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed May 29, 2012

When reserving this hotel I thought that this was the hotel I stayed in during a previous trip to Shreveport. However, it was not and it was a big let down. The desk clerk took about 10-15 minutes to acknowledge I was standing there at the desk. She took two phone reservations and didn't even look up to say anything until she was done. The hotel was remodeled on the outside but the inside had bugs in the room. Small spider and some other unknown bug in the bedroom, bed and bathroom. Breakfast was the usual and the outdoor pool appeared dirty I was scared to let my son swim. However I figured we needed the chlorine to kill what ever might have been in the bed. I will never return here again. Lastly, I know you want to know did I complain to the front desk. Yes, I went down to complain on day two and the desk clerk was on the phone again taking reservations and ignoring me so I figured they will never see me again. EVER!

Room Tip: Don't get a room anywhere in this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SuthernBell
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear SuthernBell,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The staff of this HIE deserve accolades for providing us a wonderful overnight stay. From the beautiful landscaping to the immaculately clean room, we enjoyed a most restful night on the first leg of our trip to the Grand Canyon. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Room was comfortable and were welcomed with a big smile after a long days worth of driving. Comfortable bed and room in general.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We were surprised to find that this hotel was pet friendly. Upon check in, we were told they would waive the $50.00 pet fee since we were staying 3 nights, but when we checked out, the fee had been applied to our CC. At any rate, it was a clean hotel, our room was very clean, the bed was comfortable so, we don't mind paying a bit more. They do have a workout facility as well and the breakfast was pretty good.
My only complaint would be that since it was Spring Break, there was a Youth Group that used the conference room next to our room. Two nights in a row the live band played until 11:00 PM or later. It didn't bother us to much since we stay up late anyway, but I'm sure it bothered some of our neighbors. We will stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the conference room ...just in case!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We came to Shreveport for New Year's staying at this HI 12/30/11, leaving 1/2/12.The hotel looks nice on the outside and lobby area. Staff was ok. (Seems like the front desk person was always laughing and talking on the phone when we were coming and going.)
The refrigerator was not working in our room. We called the front desk and they actually had us to troubleshoot the problem which meant pulling out the cabinet where the TV, microwave and refrigerator are located! After a few minutes of instructions as to what to trouble shoot it was decided by them to move us to another room!
Our second room smelled like vinegar. We decided it was the heating unit. We sprayed it with lysol. The ironing board was broken, the telephone did not work, the carpet was filthy dirty, there were marks all over the walls. The ice maker on floors 3 & 4 were broken so we had to go to the 2nd floor for ice. We did not have our room cleaned on Jan. 1st, so we went to the front desk for clean towels. They handed us what looked like 4 towels and 1 wash cloth (not folded) and explained the towels were washing and drying at that time. We actually got 2 towels and 2 bath mats and 1 washcloth!
The room we were in was very noisy. Not only outside noise from Interstate, but the room above was occupied by a group of noise makers.
The "free" breakfast was just ok. I have had much better at other Holiday Inns.
I just don't think this Holiday Inn was up to standards. They need some quality control!!!! Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Queen001
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The accommodations were clean and they offered a great breakfast. The hotel staff was very helpful, went above and beyond, and we were grateful the hotel is pet-friendly!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We made reservations for the Holiday Inn Dome but after reading the reviews there, we cancelled and made them here because the reviews looked better. Bad decision. The beds were terrible, we couldn't sleep. They were hard on the outside and sank more than halfway down in the middle. The room had a mildew smell. Breakfast was okay but the eggs were terrible, seemed like frozen omelettes that were microwaved and even though the pancake machine looked neat they made tough compressed pancakes, definitely not light and fluffy. When I told the front desk the following morning about the uncomfortable beds, the first thing he said, Oh, did it sink in the middle? Heck, if they know the beds are like that, then why don't they replace the mattress, I don't get it. He gave me the manager's business card and said to call her. Apparently the employees can't make any decisions to make you happy. I would definitely never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family