“GREAT Experience and worth the funds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Suite Hotel, Downtown Shreveport

Chateau Suite Hotel, Downtown Shreveport
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Dallas, Texas
“GREAT Experience and worth the funds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Checked in @ 12:30pm and Delila was helpful and smiling. Had lunch in the resturant. Didnt like the tea but when i told the waitress she immediately made some fresh tea. WE were given a special dicount as well which was good. Went to the room and the duvet and entire bed was soft and huge. The room smelled of fresh berries which was odd but it made me feel at home!.
WE then left and went to the boardwalk and came back and they had a nightly snack awaiting us at the desk and then we woke for breakfast an it was moreeee than what i expected. Fresh everything and everyone was so nice. They even made us a fresh omelet. WE paid 79.99 for the room and then recieved our best western points and we were extremely happy and i will be bringing more people to this hotel. Thanks
Delila, Dinora, Rose and Jackie

Room Tip: Ask for Dinora, Delila or Rose when you check in
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hunter G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel is very classy a little outdated but very nice and the staff was very sweet and helpful! They had a very friendly bellman to help with luggage and the front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable of the to do's in the area! They gave me a voucher for the bar and breakfast buffet which was very yummy! We read previous bad reviews all i can say is you cant please everyone! Overall my stay was relaxing and my room was nice and stocked with a minibar and snacks i will definitely recommend this to all my friends and family

• Stayed August 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

BED BUGS!!!!!!! The sofa in room 114 was full of bed bugs. Luckily we found them straight away and moved. Just read a review where the general manager said they were inspected in May, the general manager was unavailable for us to speak to so we will be reporting this to the local health department.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Samantha P

Travelers are raving about these Shreveport hotels

california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Since 2009, I one again had the opportunity to visit Shreveport, and once again I stayed at the Best Western Chateau in Shreveport Downtown. And I must say the service, quality, and cleanliness is still the same, I had read some bad reviews, in between my earlier stay at this hotel, but I'll say that some people are just bad vermins and never satisfied even if they are given the world. I'll definitely stay here again and recomend friends and family. They now have a restaurant on premises, which really did me good, as I had checked in late and was hungry and tired and did not want to go out again nor in a mood to eat a pizza, they had good food menu.

Room Tip: try the two room King Suite, they are actually two seperate rooms and not a half wall divided room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline's "Name Your Price" feature and paid less than $100 by the time it was all said and done. I won't ever use Priceline again. That being said - the place isn't a dump, it just is old! I felt like I was stepping back in time to the 60s!

The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were super tiny! BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW!

I really think the towels are the same towels they purchased when they opened the place. They were threadbare and stringy. I've never come across this in a hotel before!

The woman who helped us check in was very nice and efficient; she is the best thing about the hotel!

It's in a great location, so if you are wanting to stay downtown but not wanting to pay the casino price, it's not bad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at this Motel on 6-9-12 and found it to be a gem! No more will we pay those outlandish prices at the Casino Motels! Even though the Motel was very dated, I found it really comfortable. What impressed me the most was how clean our room was. I love, love...the triple sheeting on the beds. This certainly brought the bedroom up-to-date. I, myself, inspected it for bed bugs (I work for a Motel Chain and have been certified in this area) and found the beds very clean and free of bed bugs. I was very impressed with the mini bar and snacks. When we came back from the Casino around 3 AM....I had a snack and pepsi and my husband choose a favorite beer. We were very relaxed sitting in the living room area. I love the fact that their rooms are suites....very very roomy. You have a huge bedroom, living room, kitchenette, and bath. The staff was very professional, helpful, and nice. We were running behind the next morning and after a knock on our door from Housekeeping to make sure we were still there, the little girl told us not to hurry. She was just making sure we hadn't left and forgot to check out. She actually told us to take our time.....I have never been told that before. (We actually made check-out so it wasn't like we were an hour or so behind). WE will definitely be staying here whenever we visit Shreveport in the future. I am so happy that we have found a very reasonable, clean, very quaint Motel to make our little get-a-ways to the Casinos even more enjoyable. Thank you Best Western Chateau Suite Hotel for an enjoyable stay. Mrs. Myers

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shelby_dsm
Haslet, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

So, my husband and I visited Shreveport for our anniversary. Let me say, we don't have high expectations really when it comes to hotel stays or other. We're outdoorsy people, not high maintenance whatsoever. But this, to pay $94 for this just didn't seem worth it to me.

Pro's...
1) It had an old school classy feel - I appreciated that.
2) Front desk clerk was nice and did nothing wrong.
3) Work out room looked great, didn't use it though.
4) Within walking distance to the Mudbug Festival - that was fun!

Con's...
1) Smelly - like mildew and dust.
2) Dirty - flies were flying everywhere, the couches in the waiting area were gross, floor, everything didn't seem to be cleaned on a regular basis.
3) Creepy - yes, this may seem silly. But the neat classy old school feel with addition to the dirtiness made me start to feel like I was in The Shining. "Come play with us..." AHHH! This made it kind of fun though lol.
4) The main elevator has grafiti in it - says "F**K THIS PLACE* over the doorway from the inside. Not a good sign!
5) Pool was greasy and dirty - didn't smell much chlorine which worried me.
6) AC very loud and didn't cool down as much as we'd like.
7) Breakfast was not to my liking... Flies were all over. It seems to have been warmed up from previous days.
8) Bad location - scary with all the people about at night.
9) TV reception was bad. Even the channels we did have had interference.

Anywho, I guess that's it. Needless to say we stayed at Samstown the following night and LOVED IT! It was beautiful, cozy, clean, wonderful.

Please do note however that the pricing was probably higher due to the Mudbug Festival. So maybe if it's down to say, $39/night it'd be worth the stay.

Thanks for reading! Hope this helps someone! :)

-Bobbie-