“Baymont Inn needs updating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport

Baymont Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gilbert
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I reserved a room specifically with a balcony a week ahead of my arrival date. Check-in was fairly easy after the front desk clerk caught a commercial in a the television show he was watching. Entering our room I discovered it was a room with a mock patio and the sliding door to the patio would not open. Returned to the front desk and was moved to the room next door after expressing my specific confirmed reservation for a balcony. Second room was again a mock patio, no balcony. The sliding door would open, if my guest would push from the outside as I pushed from the inside. Being as I was in town for my first post-op check-up after neck surgery this was extremely troubling. The bathroom was in horrible shape. Filth on the walls, the shower parts were hanging, the lights in the entire room flickered, furniture that was in the original room was missing from the second room, the heat light in the bathroom was in poor condition and looked extremely dangerous. The pool had a broken lamp hanging in the pool and another patron discovered broken glass on the pool bottom.The hot tub was inoperable and filled with algae, the kiddie pool was filled with at one time I assume was sand. Every month I travel to this area for a doctor's appointment. NEVER have I had the urge to speak so poorly of an establishment. I did not expect the Ritz being as the room was $80 but I did expect better than this. I notified the manager at check-out of all the issues and she wrote her cell number on the back of a business card and said to "call her next time I'm in town." Stay across the street, down the road, at a friends but do NOT stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Crystal S
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at the Baymont in Shreveport on a road trip to Florida. The worst thing I could say about this hotel is the entrance is difficult to find. There were free cookies in the lobby and the breakfast was a nice mixture of hot and cold with real dishes! We even used the fitness room. It seems that this hotel is used for a lot of road construction workers but they were very quiet and nice. It is very convenient to the freeway with restaurants nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Monroe, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff was wonderful during the stay. They were very friendly and attentive. Rooms were great, except for animals: initial room had an ant problem. The young lady at the front desk allowed us to move to a different room. Another great room, but if you sit on the patio or left your patio door open, cats would come in. Cats attempted to come inside the room and would not be spooked away. Upon returning home, checking the charges on my account, they overcharged by charging the hotel days stayed seperately, which allowed the price to increase from the price which was quoted. I called them several times, each time there was a different excuse. Stay,but watch your bank account.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple