“Southern Hospitality at it's finest”

2439 Fairfield "A Bed & Breakfast"
Ranked #2 of 6 Shreveport B&B and Inns
Little Rock, AR
“Southern Hospitality at it's finest”
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We have stayed here during our daughter's college experience in Shreveport and have loved it from the start! Jimmy is so welcoming and we have experienced such a "personal touch" every time we have stayed. The breakfast is wonderful and each room has its own charm. The beds are very comfortable and the upstairs porch is delightful to sit out on and watch the world go by. I would highly recommend this stay to anyone who is in the area. We'll go back even after our daughter leaves the area!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 28, 2008

My husband became ill on our trip from Denver to Palm Beach, FL. This resulted in an unexpected 5 night stay in Shreveport.
We were traveling with 2 dogs!! God must been looking over us because we had the good fortune to get a room at 2439.

Jimmy Harris is an unbelievable host and the inn was so beautifully decorated for Christmas. Since we never made it to FL, It really meant a lot to us that we were able to stay in such a warm place where the Christmas spirit was all around us.

The Inn is charming. Our room had lovely furnishings and THE most comfortable bed. Our room had access to the large porch so I would sit in one of the rockers listening to Christmas music coming from the speakers.

Breakfasts were fabulous. (Since I am not a major breakfast person, I rely on my husband's evaluation.) Don't pass on Jimmy's aunt's pies. YumYum.

The Inn is in an historical district that was great for dog walking and admiring the beautiful homes in the neighborhood.

We miss you already 2439.

• Liked — the proprietor, the decor, the bed, the neighborhood, the breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed December 20, 2007

I had stayed at this establishment back in the summer. Mr. Harris had told me if I ever got the chance to return during the holidays I would not regret it. Mr. Harris was right. I had a free weekend the first part of Dec. and my stay was wonderful. I just thought the decor was elegant before, but to see it decorated for Christmas was absolutely beautiful. Mr. Harris collects nutcrackers, his displays were so pretty. It will make you feel good all over. As usual the hopitaity was great, as well as the english breakfast servered every morning. Again I strongly recommend 2439 bedandbreakfast.
pssqually

• Liked — decor - hospitality
  • Disliked — would like to stayed longer than a weekend.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pssqually
Benton, Louisiana
Reviewed October 18, 2007

This was actually the third time my husband and I stayed at 2439 Fairfield - A Bed & Breakfast. The first time was in February of 1998 when we got married. We spent the first night of our honeymoon there. We've celebrated our anniversary there a couple of times, too. This is like going home to your mama's house. The owner, Jimmy, is an awesome host, and really makes us feel so at home there. The bed is absolutely scrumptious -- tons of pillows and a down pillow top make it so comfortable, you never want to get out of the bed. There are lots of antiques everywhere and the whole house is decorated in such a charming manner. Each bedroom has its own bathroom. Ours had a whirlpool tub. There's a balcony for each bedroom as well. Ours had porch swings on it -- it was a beautiful place to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. Breakfast is awesome -- everything is delicious and there's a good variety. Breakfast is served downstairs in the sunroom. We really enjoyed visiting with the other guests. It was like a family reunion! If you're looking for great Southern hospitality, comfort and delicious food at a reasonable price, this is a great place to go.

• Liked — The gracious hospitality was my favorite thing.
  • Disliked — There was nothing to dislike -- everything was wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2003, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pat G
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We love this B&B so much it is our fourth visit. Jimmy Harris is the consummate host. The rooms are luxurious, the English breakfast is sumptuous - those homemade fried pies are amazing, and the atmosphere is pure Southern hospitality. Located in a beautiful neighborhood, 2439 Fairfield provides a respite in a hectic world. Jimmy generously shares a wealth of information to travelers about this friendly city which is also home to Centenary College. We will return often!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Stayed August 2007
3 Thank CollegeCounselor19
Shongaloo, Louisiana
Reviewed August 7, 2007

I rarely write reviews, but our stays at 2439 Fairfield, Shreveport, LA have been so wonderful that I decided to put a review online. The first review I filled out was questioned for authenticity and I received this request to write again. So, again I can only say good things about 2439 Fairfield a Bed & Breakfast and Mr. Harris. My husband and I have stayed there numerous times and have always been graciously recepted. The relaxed atmosphere and great food - plus being able to have our miniature schnauzer be welcomed too - is much appreciated. So, once again I will say: It is highly recommended!

• Liked — The Victorian elegance and the food
  • Disliked — Didn't get to stay long enough!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nanaduck
mississippi
Reviewed August 4, 2007

The atmosphere at Jimmy Harris' B&B gives you the feeling of being at home. Jimmy is a fantastic host, he does a wonderful job of providing you with all the comforts of home. From the comfortable beds to the wireless internet, and my own private balcony. For someone that travels alot for business, this is a welcom treat. I will always stay with Mr. Jimmy while in town, on business or pleasure!!

• Liked — Mr Harris' personality and the great comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank movielady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
Horseshoe Bossier City
#6 of 35 in Bossier City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,289 reviews

Been to 2439 Fairfield "A Bed & Breakfast"? Share your experiences!