2439 Fairfield "A Bed & Breakfast"
$93
$109
$98
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20(Shreveport)(Great Value!)
$80
SleepInn
$85
$82
Eldorado Resort Casino(Shreveport)(Great Value!)
$99
$84
Official Site
$89
$86
  • Pool
All reviewssouthern hospitalityfried pieporch swingdecorated for christmasnext morningjimmylouisiana
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Just spent three nights at 2439 Fairfield. Jimmy Harris' passions for hospitality, outstanding food and antiques is incredible good luck for the rest of us! We, too, felt that we were visiting a close friend in his gracious and beautiful home. The breakfast is unbelievably good with lots of interesting variety. I can't say enough good things about this B&B or Jimmy and Brian's welcome. A real southern treasure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sng49
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Once again if in Shreveport stay at this B & B; large rooms, private baths, great antiques, and the breakfast is outstanding, you will not want lunch! It is convienent to everything and Jimmy can tell you the best places for anything you desire.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank JRCZAR
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We always enjoy staying at a Bed and Breakfast rather than a hotel. Jimmy made our 2439 Fairfield stay a wonderful experience. We left feeing we had spent the weekend with a long time friend. The food was delicious, the home was relaxing and Jimmy was an exceptional host! The experience of arriving at a strangers home and being welcomed like a long time, cherished friend creates such pleasant memories. Thank you Jimmy for welcoming us and making our weekend special!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WhenTraveling
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Need a great place to stay right down the street from the medical centers and physician offices? This is it! Centrally located - the Fairfield is perfect for what we need to do: See our customers, have a quiet to place to work inbetween with wireless capability - all the amenities of a hotel with a much more casual yet personal touch. A wonderful one-of-a-kind breakfast is included and several great restaurants are close by. Plus, they've hosted many reps in the past and enjoy our visits....I highly recommend you put 2439 Fairfield in your Blackberry -----! Be sure you ask about the corporate rate.

Room Tip: Lots of options...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Karen P
Reviewed January 15, 2012

2439 Fairfield and Jimmy were amazing! My husband is already urging me to book a weekend for Christmas 2012... When we visited (January 6-8), the holiday decorations were still up and it was really great. No matter what we might do at home, it could never match Jimmy's nutcrackers and villages and dangling icicles.
Well, one must realize that it's a bed and breakfast -- so there is neither a-lot of staff nor a million options. This place is cozy, comfortable, and welcoming!
Breakfast was GREAT! When I asked Jimmy for his hashbrown casserole recipe, he wisely suggested that we buy a cookbook with all of the recipes. We were really happy to. We have had the cookbook in our kitchen for a week, and yesterday, I called my husband from the grocery store for the info. about the hashbrown casserole, and he smartly flipped to the mushroom / tiny sausages recipe, and this morning (one week after our departure), we re-created Jimmy's recipes here at home. It was great, and absolutely worth the $18!
Unfortunately, this was a working weekend for my husband. So, my 13-year-old Pomeranian and I were sort-of trapped all day. Jimmy recommended a walking-route (which we did twice), a lunch place (Are you kidding me??? We were so full from breakfast that we still couldn't eat a full dinner, but thanks for the gesture!), and a lovely little store where he knew the owner wouldn't mind my shopping with my little purse-puppy (The Enchanted Garden -- they did not mind at all, and were ever so sweet!). When we were finished discovering the area, my puppy and I returned and I think we had the place to ourselves. We hung-out on our little (Paul Stetson Room) porch and surfed the internet on the wi-fi. Later I took a nap... It was the most relaxing weekend in recent memory!
Everything was nice and normal -- good water pressure, easy access via second-floor stairs, coffee-maker if you want it on the 2nd floor, etc. etc...
Thanks, Jimmy, for a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you for Christmas! :)

Room Tip: There are good descriptions on the website. If you're particular, you should look at the pictures -- everything on the website is accurate. The Paul Stetson and the one with the wrap-around porch front the main street which is probably most advantageous.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business