“Great People and Food”
Review of Lilah's Bakery

Lilah's Bakery
Ranked #5 of 7 Bakeries in Shreveport
Description: We have been making King Cakes in Louisiana since 2002. In 2015 we changed our bakery from a full-time, full-service bakery to a seasonal bakery. We are only open during Mardi Gras selling King Cakes voted best in town year after year.
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The couple that owns it were very friendly. We tried to make sure that we would be there for a cake testing when they wouldn't have a lunch or dinner rush. They took their time and made sure that they knew exactly what I wanted. The testing went wonderful, but because of their location, my car was broken into. (Don't leave anything valuable in your car when you go in.) They didn't want to deliver the cake even if I paid for it to my wedding, but they did anyways. They offered it in the beginning, and then found out it was a 45 minute drive. Regardless, they delivered it in wonderful condition. In all, a 3 teir cake that would serve 128 people only cost me (With delivery) 575.00. It was red velvet with Marshamallow fondant. It was a delicious cake, and when I saw it, it was almost exactly what I had pictured in my mind. I was very pleased.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I went for my 21st birthday after reading some good reviews -___- We talked about what i wanted and it seems great, went to pick up the cake and the only thing that was right was the colors, it looked poorly made and for the price I think walmart would have done better for less. I had a 1/4 sheet cake with a 21 on top the 2 looked like a two year old drew it, it just didnt look like i wanted it and how we discussed. Short for time i took the cake. Went to dinner cut the cake and it tasted like a bag of sugar, No one ate my $45 cake :( it was two layer red velvet with icing in the middle!! i didnt ask for that!! Too sweet and TOO moist amost like someone wet it. VERY DISAPPOINTED

3  Thank Ashley J
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I wanted professionally made perfect desserts but would rather go to any supermarket. I don't understand how this place stays in business?

2  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I have purchased several cakes from Lila's and each time they continue to wow me. Super moist cakes, beautiful designs and wonderful service. My most recent order was a several tier creation with intricate decorations. It turned out better then I could have ever expected. By far the best cakes in town!

Reviewed September 15, 2009

The owner of Lila's makes all the cakes and the wife does all the fondant for the cakes. They are very sweet and helpful people. He is color blind, literally. Which he did tell us on our initial meeting but his wife assured me that she took care of anything color related. My dad made a custom cake/cupcake stand for the event.
We ordered:
200 butter cream iced cupcakes, that were to be lilac, english pea green and cream.
A 6" round 8" tall cake for the topper. It was to be ENGLISH PEA green marshmallow fondant, with a white 'squiggly' design of leaves/lines/flowers. With LILAC beads around the base.
Topped with fondant figures sitting on the edge of the cake.
The bride with copper red hair, the groom with a full beard and a receding hair-line.
We received:
200 WHITE cupcakes.
A KELLY GREEN cake with, not lilac but more like GREY beads at the base.
A bride topper, with fire engine (Ronald McDonald) red hair.
A groom topper, with a full head of hair and an upside down semi-circle on his chin.

I was infuriated when I saw the cake one hour before the wedding, with all the colors completely wrong.
But I decided to calm down, and not let that ruin the best day of my life.
When it came to the cutting of the cake...... wow talk about adding insult to injury. There was cardboard between one of the layers.
I have never heard of a bride and groom cutting into their wedding cake and finding that the knife won't go any further because of a piece of cardboard. The cake was tiny and did not structurally call for cardboard for stability, which was his excuse. Also saying that he was taught that in school.

All of this cost $430.
We went today, with the cake and the same samples of ribbon that we gave him upon ordering, for color.
He offered us $65 back for these mistakes.
I told him that was an insult and he refunded us $129 and said the next cake we ordered would be on the house.
Like I would ever go back there again. :*(

-Emily Jacobs

10  Thank emsheadsonfire

Been to Lilah's Bakery? Share your experiences!