In town because my mother-in-law was in the hospital - we had just stayed at an exceptional Comfort Suites in Mobile, AL and booked this hotel using their hotel guide book. The desk clerk was extremely nice and informative. We need a Handicap accessible room - which we were booked for - upon check-in the first clue to me should have been the room was on the second floor - never have had a handicap room on any floor but the first !! When we got to the room - it was clean and spacious as we had expected it should be - but the bathroom - which is mainly what needs to have all the handicap features had a regular bathtub (?) and I guess what labelled this as a handicap room was just the grab bar located by the commode and one on the bathtub wall - there is no way any person with limited mobility could get in or out of a bathtub to take a bath.
The breakfast only excelled when a particular lady was working - is seemed about every other day - and rest of the time food ran out or people had to wait for replacements to be made.
Having such a nice stay in Mobile (just overnight) and expecting the same pleasurable experience in Shreveport (for five days) we were let down to say the least.
Hopefully the franchise or manangement will take notice and fix the flaws.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Suites Shreveport is an award winning, smoke free, all-suite hotel located just off of I-20 and close to the Shreveport Airport. Our beautiful hotel is three stories with 77 spacious suites. Relax while swimming in our indoor heated pool or sitting in our lobby watching HDTV. If you're traveling on business you will enjoy our hot breakfast with meat and eggs and 33 other items, our business center with use of a computer and printer, or sit back in your own suite with your work desk with loads of outlets to supply your electronics. We offer complimentary WiFi and high speed internet in every room. If you're staying with us for a sport trip, one of the enjoyments you can rely on is our guest laundry and TV's made to hook up video games. You can also enjoy our clock radios which your iPhone can hook to. You can also enjoy our free parking. All Comfort Suites are smoke-free. Our guests can breathe easy - not only because we are 100% smoke-free, we are also 100% pet-free. Service dogs are welcome. We do charge $150 for violation of our smoke-free and pet-free policies. All of our suites includes a microwave, refrigerator, wet bar, living room which includes a couch which pulls out to a sofa bed and chairs, iron and ironing board, complimentary WiFi and high speed internet, coffee maker, alarm clock, and so much more. Located at the heart of our hotel is our conference facilities which can accommodate up to 40 people comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Shreveport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Shreveport Hotel Shreveport
- Shreveport Comfort Suites